DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

21 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

France has published the average of covid victims at death. 81.3 years ! for 30,000 deaths.

No idea about weight and of course racial information is illegal in France.

Fag packet calculation on ONS figures we are 80.5

Taking the midpoint of each actual age band and multiplying it by the number of deaths, then dividing the total sum by the total number of deaths.

I took 95 as the midpoint for age 90+ which is probably too low and why we are below France.

midp x number midpoint age bands numbers    
1 0.5 <1 2    
2.5 2.5 1-4 1    
0 7 5-9 0    
36 12 10-14 3    
153 17 15-19 9 15 Under 20
506 22 20-24 23    
1296 27 25-29 48 86 Under 30
2496 32 30-34 78    
4588 37 35-39 124 288 Under 40
9786 42 40-44 233    
20586 47 45-49 438 959 Under 50
42224 52 50-54 812    
79914 57 55-59 1402 3173 Under 60
123070 62 60-64 1985    
179761 67 65-69 2683 7841 Under 70
320328 72 70-74 4449    
494494 77 75-79 6422 18712 Under 80
751284 82 80-84 9162    
859038 87 85-89 9874 37748 Under 90
994650 95 90+ 10470    
3884213.5     48218   80.55

And I suspect it is the same here in UK and that they are tightly clustered around 75 to 80 and anyone younger will have co-morbidities with an increasing number as the age of death decreases. So at 75 you could just need one additional serious ailment and maybe a compromised immune system from lack of Vitamin D, if you are 70 and dead you probably had a selection, say three problems and throw in some obesity to push them over the edge. To die with covid at 60 you probably need a combination of four co-morbidities, say heart, cancer, obesity, diabetes and then covid will kill you. You see the ones who are 90 and have survived covid they are all thin but may have a number of other relatively minor or less serve aliments. So I think covid will not kill you on its own until you are well into your 80 and then it will need some help. And even then the vast majority of the over 80 have survived. The MSM seem to pretend that covid is a death sentence when in reality it is nothing of the sort.

So why have we destroyed the economy and thousands upon thousands of peoples’ lives to stop people with an average age of 80 dying a few months earlier than they normally would have done?

4 hours ago, satch said:

So why have we destroyed the economy and thousands upon thousands of peoples’ lives to stop people with an average age of 80 dying a few months earlier than they normally would have done?

And probably caused a lot more early deaths from that age cohort due to lack of other medical attention and in the long term by cuts to funding and pensions. 

6 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

France has published the average of covid victims at death. 81.3 years ! for 30,000 deaths.

No idea about weight and of course racial information is illegal in France.

I think it was even higher than that in CH. 

Globally the left-oriented media are loaded with stories about the outlier cases where the victims are young and strong, of course. 

6 hours ago, satch said:

Because you can't go round saying things like that in polite company 
"oh your dad would have died soon anyway cos he was old" 

People don't like death. They don't like elderly relatives dying of old age let alone stupid new viruses.

But yeah it would appear we could have just locked down the old people and let them die of loneliness.

UK Life expectancy 2019 (from the ONS)

• Men  = 79.9 years
  • Women = 82.9 years
  • MTF trans 79.9 years (Ok, I worked this one out)

I wonder how the average age of 'all other deaths' would compare for;

• April, May, June 2020
  • April, May, June 2019

...imagine if the average age of 'all other deaths' was significantly lower for quarter 2 of 2020...

1 minute ago, Reck B said:

• Men  = 79.9 years
  • Women = 82.9 years

• April, May, June 2020
  • April, May, June 2019

...imagine if the average age of 'all other deaths' was significantly lower for quarter 2 of 2020...

So was it actually a peak of old people that would have caused the extra deaths anyway?

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

So was it actually a peak of old people that would have caused the extra deaths anyway?

I imagine post war baby boom. Someone born in 45 would be 75 now. So why have we all been so worried? Who said "something" at the beginning of the outbreak to get governments to react so?

7 hours ago, satch said:

And I suspect it is the same here in UK and that they are tightly clustered around 75 to 80 and anyone younger will have co-morbidities with an increasing number as the age of death decreases. So at 75 you could just need one additional serious ailment and maybe a compromised immune system from lack of Vitamin D, if you are 70 and dead you probably had a selection, say three problems and throw in some obesity to push them over the edge. To die with covid at 60 you probably need a combination of four co-morbidities, say heart, cancer, obesity, diabetes and then covid will kill you. You see the ones who are 90 and have survived covid they are all thin but may have a number of other relatively minor or less serve aliments. So I think covid will not kill you on its own until you are well into your 80 and then it will need some help. And even then the vast majority of the over 80 have survived. The MSM seem to pretend that covid is a death sentence when in reality it is nothing of the sort.

I posted this, right at the start:

The more or less episode appears to be still active.

Basically, the top end Stats Prof had looked at the numbers and said - This seems to be just killing sick old people a few months  earlier'

Now the initial response was understandable as governments fear a flu pandemic like an asteroid from out of space.

Since then we've discovered that having a load of fat ethnics with low vit D is not a good idea too.

The lock down and what not shutdown have been baked out of earlier.

Currently the UK  are in week 5 of much lower than average deaths.

Frankly, they need to throw open the doors of nursing homes and have a big burst of deaths. They are onyl going to get those deaths in winter, when the NHS is busy.

Yeah as harsh as this sounds every person I’ve seen who’s died of Covid has been really old, overweight, or ethnic (ie vit d deficient). Sometimes all of the above.

I still don’t know anyone who knows anyone who got badly sick. I chatted with a consultant in my building last week who said The death figures in NI are no worse than average flu season.

Yet I phoned up the hospital yesterday to see if I can finally collect my orthopaedic shoes so I can, ya know....walk...and was basically told no they’re not allowed to yet.

Yearly kidney scan to monitor a cyst that could turn cancerous postponed for a year.

Fuck knows when I’ll actually get to see a dentist.

You can perhaps see why I don’t feel like clapping.

Edited by JoeDavola
34 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah as harsh as this sounds every person I’ve seen who’s died of Covid has been really old, overweight, or ethnic (ie vit d deficient). Sometimes all of the above.

I still don’t know anyone who knows anyone who got badly sick. I chatted with a consultant in my building last week who said The death figures in NI are no worse than average flu season.

Yet I phoned up the hospital yesterday to see if I can finally collect my orthopaedic shoes so I can, ya know....walk...and was basically told no they’re not allowed to yet.

Yearly kidney scan to monitor a cyst that could turn cancerous postponed for a year.

Write to your MP about your shoes.

It'll be particularly effective if they're a labour mp. perhaps.

46 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I think the NHS needs to spend several billion on inventing a remote medical communication method.

They could call it - the post.

49 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Or ...

You get given a rough time to pick up shoes.

You ring ahead, using an approved NHS communication device called a mobile phone - and you meet the person in the carpark and collect.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Or ...

You get given a rough time to pick up shoes.

You ring ahead, using an approved NHS communication device called a mobile phone - and you meet the person in the carpark and collect.

Is there not the obligatory walk up and down the place seeing if they're a good fit like in real shoe shops?

2 hours ago, Reck B said:

• Men  = 79.9 years
  • Women = 82.9 years

• April, May, June 2020
  • April, May, June 2019

https://deathstats.org/

Total deaths have been below average for a full month now. 

Seems keeping folk away from doctors and hospitals may actually be the healthiest option. :D

34 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Is there not the obligatory walk up and down the place seeing if they're a good fit like in real shoe shops?

This is their excuse.

I tried pointing out I don't need to be in a room with them, I just need to pick up the same shoes with the same prescription as ever.

"Oh I don't think the orthodist would be happy without seeing you in them"

Which is fucking hilarious because there has been absolutely no aftercare at all for the 20 year or so since I had my leg stretched. No gait analysis or anything like that to make sure I'm walking correctly. They don't offer it as a service. No proper analysis of what the build up should be or whether I need anything to correct pronation or such things.

All they do is watch you put on the shoes, ask "how does that feel" based on you taking 4 steps forward, and that's that.

And if you did have a problem it would take 6 months to get the shoes fixed so there'd better not be one.

So it's utterly useless me seeing them. But they're holding back for that reason.

Edited by JoeDavola
7 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

This is their excuse.

I tried pointing out I don't need to be in a room with them, I just need to pick up the same shoes with the same prescription as ever.

"Oh I don't think the orthodist would be happy without seeing you in them"

Which is fucking hilarious because there has been absolutely no aftercare at all for the 20 year or so since I had my leg stretched. No gait analysis or anything like that to make sure I'm walking correctly. They don't offer it as a service. No proper analysis of what the build up should be or whether I need anything to correct pronation or such things.

All they do is watch you put on the shoes, ask "how does that feel" based on you taking 4 steps forward, and that's that.

And if you did have a problem it would take 6 months to get the shoes fixed so there'd better not be one.

So it's utterly useless me seeing them. But they're holding back for that reason.

MP. Involve them. 

1 hour ago, ccc said:

https://deathstats.org/

Total deaths have been below average for a full month now. 

Seems keeping folk away from doctors and hospitals may actually be the healthiest option. :D

Well thats another thing. And its massive thing.

A lot of meical intervention is not needed and has negative effect.

They go on about a good police force catching more crims than it employs.

NHS seems to kill more people then it cures.