DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

“No Good Deed Goes Unpunished” thread

2 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

One of the important  things I have learnt in life is that if you keep doing nice things for people they come to take it for granted, they think they’re entitled to keep getting it, and then when you say “no more” because it’s actually hurting you, they call you a cunt. This story reminded me of that. I am sure there are plenty more.

'We can't afford to keep giving NHS discounts'

The only folk getting wage rises, who have a job for life and they want free food too. Brainwashed by the BBC into thinking they are more equal. Time to send Alex Jones up from the One Show to shame these bloody greedy chip shop proprietors even if they are on a tenth of the income of a nurse.

Same same but different as they say in Thailand. 

People like free stuff.

When you politicise everything and put it on a pedestal by the church of 'woke' the previous 'allowances' becomes a demand and increases.

Doesn't matter if it's the Universal Crediters, political compensation brigade etc etc or now the NHS. 

Edited by Sideysid

I have had this conversation with folk from the NHS I work with at times. Mid rankers pay wise I would say.

Most had used their card perhaps till Mid May. After that..at least from those I know...it was down to a select few.

By June the conversation went along the lines...I dont need to..its not really fair. They were mid rankers as noted so no shift work so 6 am shops were not easy. Many stopped.

Those..I keep saying this rank...as they are on decent cash and dont work unsociable hours..to separate from the shop face that may be different.

The ones who used it as privelage? Hard core lefties. Irrespective of their earnings.

I think giving a bit back in these days is not unreasonable.

Felt sorry for those guys in restaurants quoted in the article. Being put in an awkward position by hard faced gitts.

I expect Friday night clientelle have enough cash if they are going out.

49 minutes ago, hapax legomenon said:

Discounts being given by house builders up North for 'Key Workers'. Really shows how arbitrary new house prices are really and how much wiggle room developers have.

Nah, they will just pass the discount onto the saps who will pay even more for their slave box. 

51 minutes ago, hapax legomenon said:

Discounts being given by house builders up North for 'Key Workers'. Really shows how arbitrary new house prices are really and how much wiggle room developers have.

At the end of the day a housing transaction is price discovery between a buyer and seller and totally indiscriminate of who's buying...trying to offer special incentives to one person but not another is just nonsense.

we went on the market on Friday morning, 2 viewings on Friday evening and 13 viewings on Saturday (we left the house with the EA for the day). One of the Saturday morning viewings left us a bunch of flowers and a letter on Sunday morning with the letter saying they had offered full asking on Saturday(we were out). They knew about another 3 offers on the table that had also been made on the Saturday. They knew more than we did. We picked them anyway as while we had other offers, they were in the best position.

mumsnet