• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Hartman

Articles of dubious veracity.

This is currently no.3 in the headlines on the So-Called BBC website.

V&A apologises after breastfeeding mum told to 'cover up' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40843327

I'm calling bullshit on this. It's got all the ingredients of a professionally manufactured outrage story.

Breastfeeding - check.

Twitter wankathon - check.

Central offendee who's clearly revelling in the attention while pretending it's to 'raise awareness' - check.

Venue so scared of the twitter shitstorm that they've apologised before concluding an investigation - check.

More importantly and somewhat key, are we supposed to believe in this day and age of supreme triggering and eggshell treading sensitivity, that another woman asked her to cover up?

Bullshit, I don't buy it for a fucking minute.

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

The question is, do you actually believe anything on the So-Called BBC website. I certainly don't. 

I'll take most of it with a pinch of salt but this one has annoyed me. It's utter bollocks IMO.

I will feel a mild dickhead if it is true, though I'm not particularly worried about that happening, even if it's proved to be shit, you'll never hear that side of it.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I'll take most of it with a pinch of salt but this one has annoyed me. It's utter bollocks IMO.

I will feel a mild dickhead if it is true, though I'm not particularly worried about that happening, even if it's proved to be shit, you'll never hear that side of it.

There is a narrative being built. There have been a few of these breastfeeding stories in the press in the last few days. I'm not sure why but there is an agenda. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/breastfeeding-motherhood-children-toddlers-a7879591.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40814092

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mum-defends-breastfeeding-four-year-old_uk_5982e9bbe4b06d4888744d56

deffo an agenda...

Research interests
My research interrogates the practice I have co-created with Tangled Feet, a physical ensemble who use processes of improvisation and devising, and who make work which includes apertures for audience influence, often outside of traditional theatre spaces. I investigate how this practice, which foregrounds the body and its potential for kinaesthetic affectivity, and which privileges liveness over leaving a legacy, poses challenges for mainstream theatre historiographies and critical mechanisms which often fail to adequately include the embodied presence of the artist and spectator in the analysis and neglect the body's capacity to theorise.
I explore how elements of performance such as kinaesthetic affectivity are often neglected or deprioritised in the written text, and address this through modelling close analysis of my own and others' performance work with due focus on these elements.
In socially-engaged practice like Tangled Feet's, the ways that audiences interact with the work, particularly in public spaces, are of fundamental importance to the political context of the performance. With particular reference to Arts Council England's policies concerning the broadening definition of 'theatre' in the last decade, and attendant focus on 'accessibility’, my research examines the alternative value system that funding structures create around this type of practice.

By bringing into dialogue different theorists and disciplines, including a neuroscientific view of embodied cognition and my own detailed practice observations, my research signals what some of the potentials of physical performance might be if we can release it from textual expectations, and how it can challenge expectations, social relationships and political structures. 

Source :- https://pure.royalholloway.ac.uk/portal/en/persons/kat-joyce(966b5234-e9f5-423c-867e-3eb2bbee71aa).html

Edited by XswampyX

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

so is it ok for men to breastfeed their babies in public?

I think the more urgent question is whether it is ok for men to be breast fed by their sexbots in public?

edit to add:  beaten to it by happy renting..  

Edited by Libspero

I have seen one or two Women breastfeeding in public who seem to be looking eagerly looking around trying to catch someone's eye,usually one of these bonkers yummy mummy earth mother types.

It is always best to ignore these attention seekers as they are very dull and nobody really cares that they are performing a task that has been going on since humans turned up on this planet.

8 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

This is currently no.3 in the headlines on the So-Called BBC website.

V&A apologises after breastfeeding mum told to 'cover up' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40843327

I'm calling bullshit on this. It's got all the ingredients of a professionally manufactured outrage story.

Breastfeeding - check.

Twitter wankathon - check.

Central offendee who's clearly revelling in the attention while pretending it's to 'raise awareness' - check.

Venue so scared of the twitter shitstorm that they've apologised before concluding an investigation - check.

More importantly and somewhat key, are we supposed to believe in this day and age of supreme triggering and eggshell treading sensitivity, that another woman asked her to cover up?

Bullshit, I don't buy it for a fucking minute.

Maybe it was a muzzer contract security guard?

18 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

I have seen one or two Women breastfeeding in public who seem to be looking eagerly looking around trying to catch someone's eye,usually one of these bonkers yummy mummy earth mother types.

It is always best to ignore these attention seekers as they are very dull and nobody really cares that they are performing a task that has been going on since humans turned up on this planet.

The trick is to smile at them benevolently.

Then, when you have caught their eye, say "nice tits".

Probably trying to find something to do for various crisis actors not got a crisis to act out at the moment.

It's also irritating that you get the articles presenting things about stuff like breast feeding and breasts as established facts of nature when you can be certain that they're just facts according to an agenda. 

Edited by twocents