DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But it's not.  That's the important fact here. Most who get this thing don't even know they've had it. Most who die are actually older than the average age they would die without it.  Anyone

I am not disagreeing but it is obvious the government is making it up as it goes along and has no real idea or clue. With that in mind why anyone would book travel is beyond me, I normally do 100

Totally agree..... 😉 However they need to keep the helicopter money tree spinning and printing in as many ways as possible - might as well put off the inevitable ‘big kahuna’ financial collapse u

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

On the 27th of June I used the phrase 'body fluids' so easy to find.

Can't wait to get to Spain in a sealed metal tube and swap sweatybody fluids with random folk.

Edit: So the air-bridge didn't even last 4 weeks.

Edited by Chewing Grass
16 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Perhaps air-bridges and the people using them are responsible for 'the spike' in infections that’s resulted in everyone else who hasn't used them being strong-armed into wearing gas-masks in the supermarket.

Not sure.

Spanish tend to avoid tourist areas at best of time.

I'm curious to see new UK cases.

Spain was 4 weeks ahead.

Will UK spike again. Or is Spain special, locking down too early?

10 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Fucking idiots, they are playing with fire both people who travel and the government

Well given that most things that the government has done as it flails around uselessly (I just love that phrase, which someone on here coined, hope they don’t mind my using it), like lockdown, quarantine, masks have had a decent amount of notice. Maybe you could be forgiven for thinking you could go on holiday without the requirement for house arrest being suddenly foisted on you with only a few hours prior warning?

I mean going on holiday to Spain in the summer is what people do, and have done since the 70s. It could easily have been me, and if it were, I’d be pretty pissed off that I was caught in the crossfire of a clueless administration trying to make itself seem like it was in control of anything.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
1 minute ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Well given that most things that the government has done as it flails around uselessly (I just love that phrase, which someone on here coined, hope they don’t mind my using it), like lockdown, quarantine, masks have had a decent amount of notice. Maybe you could be forgiven for thinking you could go on holiday without the requirement for house arrest being suddenly foisted on you with only a few hours prior warning?

I mean going on holiday to Spain in the summer is what people do, and have done since the 70s. It could easily have been me, and if it were, I’d be pretty pissed off that I was caught in the crossfire of a clueless administration trying to make itself seem like it was in control of anything.

I am not disagreeing but it is obvious the government is making it up as it goes along and has no real idea or clue.

With that in mind why anyone would book travel is beyond me, I normally do 100 flights a years for business since beginning of March I have done none as it was obvious what was coming and not worth the hassle of being stranded somewhere. 

Flails is a great word.

Sadly I think we are on the roller coaster to a much darker authoritarian world - this has given them the excuse they need 

Yes I get what you’re saying and largely agree.

But people might book travel because they want to go somewhere on holiday, get on with their lives, be free to do what they want? Maybe they agree with your last paragraph and are getting their 2 weeks in Benidorm in before exit visas are introduced?

Personally if I was caught up in this, no fucken way would I be quarantining. If the Stasi called, well I was down at Tescos doing my shopping - without a fucking mask.

I am currently getting pissed in a hotel at Heathrow, due to fly to Spain tomorrow. Not going now, obviously, but finding it impossible to speak to anyone at the airline (they have fucked me about by changing the flights, so I have grounds to cancel anyway).

Feel for those who fly back tomorrow, expecting to return to work on Monday. I don't feel sorry for CCC though, as he is a cunt and an unemployed cunt at that (as am I)!

31 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

I am currently getting pissed in a hotel at Heathrow, due to fly to Spain tomorrow. Not going now, obviously, but finding it impossible to speak to anyone at the airline (they have fucked me about by changing the flights, so I have grounds to cancel anyway).

Feel for those who fly back tomorrow, expecting to return to work on Monday. I don't feel sorry for CCC though, as he is a cunt and an unemployed cunt at that (as am I)!

If you're not working you may as well go. Can't see everyone quarantining themselves. I came back from Spain 1 week ago, what difference does a week make.

I

2 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

I'm sure he'll be delighted and will of course scrupulously observe the 14 day quarantine! 9_9 

@Knickerless Turgid if you're unemployed, why not go anyway? If you're sensible you're unlikely to catch it. Unless the plan was a bar and nightclub crawl every night I don't see the problem.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
11 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I

I'm sure he'll be delighted and will of course scrupulously observe the 14 day quarantine! 9_9 

@Knickerless Turgid if you're unemployed, why not go anyway? If you're sensible you're unlikely to catch it. Unless the plan was a bar and nightclub crawl every night I don't see the problem.

I am not worried about catching it, but the thought of a fortnight's quarantine with the missus, even if only loosely observed, is more than I can countenance, especially when balanced against a three day trip.

1 hour ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

That is shit bad luck, I was due to go in May, then rebooked last week for early September. TBH I think I will give up thinking about going abroad until they decide we either live with this virus or just self isolate until the economy or us all die.

5 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

They could probably have had tourism that didn’t involve nightclubs and bars packed with drunks. 

Brits abroad.

Seriously what do Holidaymakers expect? There's a reason the flights are 19.99.  Its the middle of a pandemic.

Going to Spain for a week in july, almost but not quite as silly as taking a cruise around SEA or the Florida Keys 😂