DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Crapple gone into headphone mode. No sound

Ant help appreciated as apple on the web say it’s a hardware issue and the fixes seem to be to blow smoke up the arse of the headphone port. 

anyhow, lost all sound on the thing.  The sound still works as if i go into settings and mess around choosing different ringtones, there is sound. It seems to think that there are headphones plugged in. I dont think i have ever done that. 

cheers is advance. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

No because I found that site earlier today and went through all their steps.  Posting on here is my last chance saloon.  

Those steps pretty much exhaust things. Have you looked to see if there is a new update? Otherwise, give it a big shake.

After about an hour of fiddling with headphone jacks, blowing and cleaning with cotton buds, playing music then unplugging etc. what finally worked was simply calling the iPhone from another phone. The ringtone sounded, I answered and could hear through the earpiece again.

i tried putting headphones in 50+ times and it did not work,i think i may have had a drop of rain go into the earphone jack.
After getting annoyed and trying heaps of different thing i eventually put my mouth over the headphone jack and sucked as hard as i could and that fixed it......

I was laughing so loud when i read this, but I tried it anyway since unpluggin and pluggin the headphones didn't work for me. Guess what? Your suggestion worked!!!!! Thank you soooo much 🙂

Nothing else would work and I was desperate enough to try this and it worked! My girlfriend laughed at me as I sucked on my phone.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Those steps pretty much exhaust things. Have you looked to see if there is a new update? Otherwise, give it a big shake.

After about an hour of fiddling with headphone jacks, blowing and cleaning with cotton buds, playing music then unplugging etc. what finally worked was simply calling the iPhone from another phone. The ringtone sounded, I answered and could hear through the earpiece again.

i tried putting headphones in 50+ times and it did not work,i think i may have had a drop of rain go into the earphone jack.
After getting annoyed and trying heaps of different thing i eventually put my mouth over the headphone jack and sucked as hard as i could and that fixed it......

I was laughing so loud when i read this, but I tried it anyway since unpluggin and pluggin the headphones didn't work for me. Guess what? Your suggestion worked!!!!! Thank you soooo much 🙂

Nothing else would work and I was desperate enough to try this and it worked! My girlfriend laughed at me as I sucked on my phone.

Sucking doesn't seem To work.  o.O

13 minutes ago, One percent said:

No because I found that site earlier today and went through all their steps.  Posting on here is my last chance saloon.  

Ram a headphone jack up it a few times see if this clears it.

You may have gathered I haven't a fucking clue.:Beer:

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, One percent said:

Thanks for all the suggestions. Nowt worked. However, the headphone symbol has disappeared from the volume bar and sound is now restored. Fucking crapple 

If you shine a torch up the hole you’ll see a white spot indicator, if it’s turned red it means moisture has gotten into it. (I promise this isn’t dirty smut talk it’s a actual techie advice) 

1 minute ago, Sideysid said:

If you shine a torch up the hole you’ll see a white spot indicator, if it’s turned red it means moisture has gotten into it. (I promise this isn’t dirty smut talk it’s a actual techie advice) 

Ta. The inside looks white but think that’s just the internal casing.  It’s not been near any water. Doesn’t venture far from the settee. xD

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ta. The inside looks white but think that’s just the internal casing.  It’s not been near any water. Doesn’t venture far from the settee. xD

Could either be fluff or dirt in the hole (sorry it’s not getting better) you could spray some contact cleaner up there and use a pipe cleaner, or else maybe a failing port which will need to be replaced for further headphone insertions (Ahem)

7 minutes ago, Sideysid said:

Could either be fluff or dirt in the hole (sorry it’s not getting better) you could spray some contact cleaner up there and use a pipe cleaner, or else maybe a failing port which will need to be replaced for further headphone insertions (Ahem)

Read my post upthread. It’s suddenly rectified itself.  xD