DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Well got a bit bored today and the x said shall we go Blackpool I’m like you said you would never go there again with me she is like fuck .well it’s been nealy 8 years she says and we ain’t staying long and your not drinking and we have kids with us I’m like what’s the point in going .20 mins later we are on the motorway.anyway was rather uneventful the donkeys were out and not to many drunks .i drank coke all is well I thought until we got back hers .                     Then it’s like where are we going on holiday  I’m thinking ffs ok I have spunked a fair bit on camping gear but I never expected her to actualy to want to go .so I gave her the credit card and said up to you.now most places are booked up and fuck me at the price they are asking to rent a caravan .talk about takeing advantage lol .              Anyway we are off to somewhere in Norfolk no idea where I’ve not asked .now it’s either take 2 cars or buy a camping trailer .the question is if it’s a camping trailer ie small does it need indicators if you can see the cars . Her civic does have a tow bar .pps yes it’s my civic before someone gets padantic and points out I bought it lol

On 26/07/2020 at 00:46, stokiescum said:

Well got a bit bored today and the x said shall we go Blackpool I’m like you said you would never go there again with me she is like fuck .well it’s been nealy 8 years she says and we ain’t staying long and your not drinking and we have kids with us I’m like what’s the point in going .20 mins later we are on the motorway.anyway was rather uneventful the donkeys were out and not to many drunks .i drank coke all is well I thought until we got back hers .                     Then it’s like where are we going on holiday  I’m thinking ffs ok I have spunked a fair bit on camping gear but I never expected her to actualy to want to go .so I gave her the credit card and said up to you.now most places are booked up and fuck me at the price they are asking to rent a caravan .talk about takeing advantage lol .              Anyway we are off to somewhere in Norfolk no idea where I’ve not asked .now it’s either take 2 cars or buy a camping trailer .the question is if it’s a camping trailer ie small does it need indicators if you can see the cars . Her civic does have a tow bar .pps yes it’s my civic before someone gets padantic and points out I bought it lol

Well, the answer is yes, it does.

But if you can get one without, a trailer board will be cheap enough.

On 26/07/2020 at 00:46, stokiescum said:

Fuck me. That must be the best off topic swerve ever. From Blackpool to Norfolk, via camping trailers and indicators.  o.O

respect.  xD

2 hours ago, Libspero said:

Surely the obvious answer is two cars..  then make sure you’re in the one with the camping gear and not the kids.

Unless the trailer is for the kids. In which case go for that.

True but that’s an extra 50 quids worth of petrol .i could deduct that off the cost of the trailer in theory .

58 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

True but that’s an extra 50 quids worth of petrol .i could deduct that off the cost of the trailer in theory .

On a more serious note,  the only thing I'd be worried about with the trailer is what to do with it when you're not using it.

Do you have a handy place to keep it?  It might look a bit crap if it ends up parked on the front lawn for 51 weeks of the year..

Technically a trailer manufactured before 1990, if you can see the rear lights of the car (under certain conditions) then do not need lights, but obviously best to have them and trailer board is fine.

Travelling a long way, just in case then get a proper plate made up, not point getting stopped for not having one.

Any chance of rain on the day of travel or otherwise, bag up / wrap up in plastic clothes to ensure bone dry, those tarp covers are good but splash behind car can find any gap.

Don't put all the heavy stuff at the rear of the trailer. You want balance of weight towards front on the hitch to prevent snaking. Empty you might find the trailer bounces a lot, get used to it before going may with the right foot, loaded will be a lot better.

20 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Can I just say, ten posts in and no-one has derailed this thread onto talking about those clips for crap movies that you have no intention of seeing, but can't skip through on a DVD?

You lot should hang your heads in shame!

I couldn't find a trailer about trailers.

3 hours ago, Libspero said:

On a more serious note,  the only thing I'd be worried about with the trailer is what to do with it when you're not using it.

Do you have a handy place to keep it?  It might look a bit crap if it ends up parked on the front lawn for 51 weeks of the year..

1 hour ago, Calcutta said:

Trailer sounds like a lot of hassle and two cars is always better than one.

Can go in the Xs back garden .they are handy things maybe twice a year which is why none of my friends will find out I have one.the worst vehicle I ever bought was a van every fucker who vaguely knew me tried to take advantage if they needed something big moveing 

7 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Can go in the Xs back garden .they are handy things maybe twice a year which is why none of my friends will find out I have one.the worst vehicle I ever bought was a van every fucker who vaguely knew me tried to take advantage if they needed something big moveing 

Got a company pickup truck when I was 19. Loads and loads of mates all of a sudden.

Lesson: Double garage doors have curious aerodynamic properties.