DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Did you ever consider a little criminality in your life?

Here is question, and after a lot of the things that have happened over the last couple of years and so many things I have personally seen up close I wonder if I should have introduced some criminality into my life at an earlier stage:).

Apart from a civil arrest at 17 while in the forces for a mass brawl in Winchester town along with a few HM Forces jail time for stuff I consider to be a giggle now as did the Colonel and RSM that locked me up, and there are a few things in life I just got away with ;) I have kept my nose clean for all these years.  But time and time again I have seen so many people break that golden rule "crime does not pay", bollox it doesn't for so many, and by so many people who are "pillars of the community", like f***.

I have seen so many backhanders for council contracts, and I am talking big sums of money, enough to start you out in life. I remember 25 years ago being offered a large sum of money to do some work in a private hospital where the head of work contacts priced the job for me. Put it this way I could paid for a decent home within a year had this gone on, my first question back then which I now know the answer was "did this guy what a bribe", I never took him up on those conditions and got little more work.

I have seen massive insurance frauds, guys that you know are dealing in drugs(would never go there myself), stealing off firms, one that p****d me off the most was a reptile drug dealer who was using daily himself gets into a smash up on a motorbike and hammered the insurance company for a fortune, though he was off his head at the time and most probably the cause of the accident where his injuries were played up, he got a house out of that and a few extra quid for a little fun.

And the big eye opener for me and I will have to be a little vague here, was when I was living beautiful and leafy South Cambs and just above North Essex. If you think you can spot the real successful criminals on first meeting them you are totally wrong, I mixed with so many people who made fortunes in the underworld(for want of a better word) where you would not have a clue,  many the nicest respected family men you could imagine, big homes, plenty of money in the bank, their crimes for many in the distance past and nearly for sure just boxed away and now forgotten as they lead wonderful lives. One Guy I knew and met in the local a few times a month was the funniest, nicest people going until one early morning he was being chased across the fields by dozens of police :), he was the only person a saw caught and I have no idea what happened to him, it was for a huge VAT fraud that you all would have read about.

For a lot of high IQ criminals it is just for a short while, enough to set them up with a home and some funding while they go on to  lead a hard working life without all the worry of getting by,  and these days days a lot of these crimes are not even investigated, and even when caught you hardly serve and time if any. So many of you must of read stories I bet in the last few months where people are getting away with crime, even in obvious cases where they are guilty.

I just wonder sometimes, I have a 148 IQ,  I have the bottle, but would never physically hurt someone, and know I could of made some quick easier money like I have seen so many people do, many of them I once called scum bags, but Hey!, maybe they had more sense. I always remember the Dad of an old girlfriend of mine where we got on great, he was an electronic genius who worked on the likes of Nimrod, he was great bloke and great laugh that just made some s*** life decisions and was too honest for his own good. He lived in his council estate home  and he knew who all the local villains were and the ones he worked with also that made a killing through dishonesty, all doing better than him in finances, it really rankled with him in later life and probably caused his drinking  and he died early a little bitter, "crime does not pay", Mmmmmm

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is question, and after a lot of the things that have happened over the last couple of years and so many things I have personally seen up close I wonder if I should have introduced some criminalit

Are you sure?    I was offered a grand in cash back at college to deliver some coke across London. Pretty big sum for a student. I decided I liked the diameter of my arsehole the way it

I recently became a criminal - responsible for the transport and enslavement of millions, fortunately others are guilty too

Posted Images

Often thought this, in my first real job I had access to huge amounts of MDA precursors, 100s of kilos that We used to purify by Vacuum fractionation.

The material was so unstable a rise of temperature of 10C would result in an exothermic decomposition.

This would fill the still with a carbon lattice that was impossible to remove and unquantifiable.

It would have been so easy to 'lose' tens of kilos.

I could have been the next Walter White.

Say my name.....:ph34r:

Edited by GBDamo

I am right at the coal face when assessing tenders for construction projects. If a contractor was bent enough it would be relatively easy to add say £20K of bunce (or more) into a contract sum and split the difference between me and the builder. 

Never crossed my mind to do this but it must have happened elsewhere. 

The sweet spot for an intelligent criminal is to only commit one large lucrative crime and then immediately retire from your life-of-crime.

If you have no criminal record and you plan and then execute your crime well, then there is very little chance of getting caught.

The trick is finding the lucrative crime to commit, and having the balls to carry it out.

A few million from a big company is the way to go - and if my experience of large global companies is anything to go by, it is probably getting easier as all the old fashioned business controls are shipped off to India where it is very much a tick box exercise.

Edited by Bornagain

Just bare in mind  this is not a thread to encourage criminal activity ;)

But maybe helps to giving a little understand to those that do go down that road. And for the record so many of the villains I have known have been well rounded decent people who would cover your back in many cases, I have met so many "honest people" who are so angry at the world and where  they turn inward, even where they turn on their own family through frustration and bitterness

6 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

The sweet spot for an intelligent criminal is to only commit  one large lucrative  crime and then immediatelt retire from your life-of-crime.

If you have no criminal record and you plan and then execute your crime well, then there is very little chance of getting caught.

The trick is finding the lucrative crime to commit, and having the balls to carry it out.

A few million from a big company is the way to go - and if my experience of large global companies is anything to go by, it is probably getting easier as all the old fashioned business controls are shipped off to India where it is very much a tick box exercise.

I slightly disagree

Just a few £100,000 is enough for many. If like me you love hard work, then having that kind of money is a good starting point in life. You set yourself up in a nice home and community, that's one life worry out of the way, then you just focus on career and family.

OK, £200k or £300k won't set you up for life, but to be honest I don't think I would want that anyway, but it does give you the recipe to make a fortune under your own steam, and I would much prefer that

3 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Is ever a thread should be in stealth :Jumping:

Seriously it's not, but planning a big job might be with my DOSBOD buddies:) could be

Like so many problems in the UK, if we addressed them we might sort them out, racism is another, and that won't be rectified on places like the BBC news website, places like DOSBOD maybe

Everyone must have done something that could have seen him jailed had he been caught and the police sufficiently keen, driving offences; leaving a minor at home unsupervised; misstating a detail on a mortgage application like that man with two names. I agree that there's a huge number of seemingly respectable people who made money from corruption in business. Insider trading, planning consent etc. Then there are the people who routinely use violence. It seems to me they get away with it, too, as the police aren't that keen. Everyone in the middle gets  juiced by the law, just as with paying tax.

Of course, some criminals are the police. I highly recommend Crimebodge and his latest escapade to privately prosecute a copper.

Edited by Nippy
Just now, haroldshand said:

Seriously it's not, but planning a big job might be with my DOSBOD buddies:) could be

Like so many problems in the UK, if we addressed them we might sort them out, racism is another, and that won't be rectified on places like the BBC news website, places like DOSBOD maybe

Racism is being "promoted" by some media outlets. It's advertising division under the flag of "diversity" which sounds nicer.

Sadly an old fashioned blagging as per 1960s film The League of Gentleman is no longer really possible except as a sort of nostalgia trip for old villains from the 1960s and 1970s. As the London Bank vault heist showed they are really getting past it.  The drink and the luck will always run out on that option.

My guess is a career in politics is now the way to go.

Edited by Virgil Caine
Just now, Virgil Caine said:

Sadly an old fashioned blagging as per 1960s film The League of Gentleman is no longer really possible except as a sort of nostalgia trip for old villains from the 1960’s and 1970s. As the London Bank vault heist showed they are really getting past it.   My guess is the drink and the luck will always run out on that option.

Yes, that can be pretty bent.

6 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Sadly an old fashioned blagging as per 1960s film The League of Gentleman is no longer really possible except as a sort of nostalgia trip for old villains from the 1960s and 1970s. As the London Bank vault heist showed they are really getting past it.  The drink and the luck will always run out on that option.

About 25 or 30 years ago I reckoned that a joining the police could be a very good start to a lucrative criminal career. Of course I didn't realise that you would need a degree in some sort of humanity type thing for serious promotion which would be desirable to make the best of any possible scams.

1 minute ago, Rare Bear said:

About 25 or 30 years ago I reckoned that a joining the police could be a very good start to a lucrative criminal career. Of course I didn't realise that you would need a degree in some sort of humanity type thing for serious promotion which would be desirable to make the best of any possible scams.

Freebakers!:o

And lets not forget all the institutionalized crime now that is totally ignored, welfare fraud is running into the £10's Billions, all the self cert mortgage fraud that went on, banking fraud into the £100's Billions, tax evasion etc etc etc, you have more chance of sprouting a second head than being jailed for any of those crimes now.