• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Popular jet engine blast attraction kills tourist

Well it won't happen in the UK. They would have closed the road off to pedestrian standing (on the nearest side) and make that beach off limits. British engineering could design that option - maybe also install jet baffles (below)

stansted-airport-baffles-beside-the-term

Edited by 201p

27 minutes ago, BLOOLOO said:

Something has to be done to make it safe...joyless world of the liberals.

The video (and others of the same place - there's loads on YouTube) make it very very clear that there are shedloads of warning signs stuck up. At some point you just have to let nature take its course - if an idiot ignores repeated VERY CLEAR warnings, then let them Darwin themselves.

PS On a kind-of-related subject - there are plenty of videos of this place where the cameraman seems more interested in the bikini-clad hotties on the beach, than in the jet planes. And god they are hot. Makes me want to go to that place and done some planewatching of my own!

1 hour ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

There's something similar on the Greek island of Skiathos if anybody fancies a go closer to home. I was there a few years ago. Everybody knows what the deal is:

That looks like fun!

At school on a windy day during break time, we'd flip up our 1980s Parka coats (everyone had one) and try to fly.

snorkel-parka.jpg

Edited by 201p

3 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

There's something similar on the Greek island of Skiathos if anybody fancies a go closer to home. I was there a few years ago. Everybody knows what the deal is:

14secs - someone got off their mobility scooter to feel the blast? OK at your own risk bro.

-It's in the thumbnail - that metalic orange thing with the wing mirrors.

Edited by 201p

I feel it's too close to the public. Someone could kick ball up or something as it is overhead, and it might go in the turbine.

Edited by 201p

All they need to do is get rid of that concrete wall.

She probably wouldn't even have been hurt if that wasn't there.

Obviously a big tourist attraction.