DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Solar panels in huge stacks at merchants in Afghanistan. They're buying solar panels to pump water to irrigate crops. Much better yields. Masses of heroin coming this way.

As it came on just after the obesity epidemic news item I wondered if anyone in govt is watching and considering the H plan diet would solve the obesity problem.

6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Solar panels in huge stacks at merchants in Afghanistan. They're buying solar panels to pump water to irrigate crops. Much better yields. Masses of heroin coming this way.

As it came on just after the obesity epidemic news item I wondered if anyone in govt is watching and considering the H plan diet would solve the obesity problem.

Good plan. Cocaine certainly suppresses the appetite too. 

Free skag and sniff all round and let's defeat this evil covid once and for all :Old:

I would say that the rise in obesity has been mirrored in reverse by the decline in smoking.

People who smoke a lot are usually thin because it suppresses the appetite; and at a time when cigarettes were cheap and widely used you are going to have a lot of smokers and a lot of thin people.

If you look at this graph smoking only really started to decline from 1975; which marks the start of the rise of obesity.

smoking+graph.jpg

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I would say that the rise in obesity has been mirrored in reverse by the decline in smoking.

People who smoke a lot are usually thin because it suppresses the appetite; and at a time when cigarettes were cheap and widely used you are going to have a lot of smokers and a lot of thin people.

If you look at this graph smoking only really started to decline from 1975; which marks the start of the rise of obesity.

smoking+graph.jpg

Free tabs too!

Now all we need are the free hookers

35 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

drug supply chains are massively impacted by COV19 - all the bans on travel, plus airfreight down, plus much less shipping to hide stuff in....

Just now, wherebee said:

drug supply chains are massively impacted by COV19 - all the bans on travel, plus airfreight down, plus much less shipping to hide stuff in....

So was the bbc article a thinly veiled advert for direct shipping? 

52 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

And how do smokers fair with Covid?

Not necessarily worse.  In a perverse turn of events, there's some evidence nicotine affects the ACE2 receptors and may give smokers a better chance to beat covid to save themselves for later lung cancer.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/nicotine-replacement-therapy/

1 minute ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

Not necessarily worse.  In a perverse turn of events, there's some evidence nicotine affects the ACE2 receptors and may give smokers a better chance to beat covid to save themselves for later lung cancer.

Yes, I saw that. I'm off to the tobacconists for a pipe.

41 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

Given that nicotine doesn't necessarily mean smoking, I wonder how snuff sniffers and baccy chewers fare out against Covid? They get the nicotine without the downsides of smoking.

21 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

Given that nicotine doesn't necessarily mean smoking, I wonder how snuff sniffers and baccy chewers fare out against Covid? They get the nicotine without the downsides of smoking.

There was talk at one time of using nicotine patches for treating nCoV.

But I'd have thought the 'positive effect' of smoking would be that it directs the primary ACE2 inhibition effect directly where it is needed for nCoV benefit, whereas other forms of nicotine would affect the whole body with concomitant reduced levels at the lungs.

25 minutes ago, dgul said:

There was talk at one time of using nicotine patches for treating nCoV.

But I'd have thought the 'positive effect' of smoking would be that it directs the primary ACE2 inhibition effect directly where it is needed for nCoV benefit, whereas other forms of nicotine would affect the whole body with concomitant reduced levels at the lungs.

So what is ready needed is something like an asthma sufferers inhaler with nicotine as the active ingredient. Nicotine without any tar or other by products if combustion.

9 minutes ago, dgul said:

That's called vaping.

Vaping has the silly glycerine smoke making machine that clogs the lungs. As an ex/occasional smoker nicotine has been a welcome stimulant in the past. Nicotine without the fire sticks must surely be less harmful than caffeine which is my drug of choice other than the copious amount of charlie that went up my nose over the w/end.

48 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Vaping has the silly glycerine smoke making machine that clogs the lungs. As an ex/occasional smoker nicotine has been a welcome stimulant in the past. Nicotine without the fire sticks must surely be less harmful than caffeine which is my drug of choice other than the copious amount of charlie that went up my nose over the w/end.

I'm pretty sure inhaling propylene glycol is bad for you as well.  

Edited by dgul
4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I had a druggie neighbour who was convinced that the best way to deal with a famine was to give them heroin. (She tooted the brown, which is actually powdered opium but she called it heroin.)

1 hour ago, longtomsilver said:

Thanks for correcting me 👍

There's no correction -- they use both, in varying proportions depending on brand.

There's been discussions on here previously how vaping can cause shortness of breath (albeit in our small sample size here), and it appears to not simply be 'one of the above', but happens with either.  It appears to happen with nicotine free vaping, as well -- so not simply an 'active ingredient' effect.

4 hours ago, jm51 said:

I had a druggie neighbour who was convinced that the best way to deal with a famine was to give them heroin. (She tooted the brown, which is actually powdered opium but she called it heroin.)

You still got her number pal...:Old:

9 hours ago, sarahbell said:

the taliban used to chop your hands off if you got caught growing poppies......they only allow it now to fund the war effort against the yankee invaders

the war against the fat cunts is well and truly lost :S

edit: here you go chart off bbc website....there was an old article on there for years but can't seem to find it anymore

_106598597_afghan_opium_chart-nc.png

Edited by 5min OCD speculator