Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

So the governments plan to tackle the Covid obesity threat is...

1. Ban all junk food ads before the 9 o`clock watershed, and

2. Put calorie counts on all large  junk food company take-aways.

Now due to 1 above I assume the target audience is children, although the way they have treated the electorate during the whole Covid scenario maybe not?!

Anyway Boris I can see two issues with your approach,

a). The science (remember that Boris?) shows that children are asymptomatic carriers and so are not at threat, and

b). Due to your mismanagement of the whole thing children haven't been to school for five months and so have probably forgotten how to read; an essential skill to satisfy point 2 above.

...perhaps a junk food tax that could have been used to make local sports facilities free of charge would have been more effective?

...is it really that difficult to run a country?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the government genuinely thinks it absolutely vital that people lose weight then:   Maximum three day working week - four day weekend to go out and exercise.  Eight weeks holiday per y

I can see where this is going. I'm going to have to pay more taxes because some fat cunt can't say no to a pie. How about reducing business rates for small independent food shops, such as butcher

The only fat people you will see in the next couple of years will be public sector workers and those on benefits - everyone else will be struggling to put food on the table.

Posted Images

I'm sure I saw something last week saying that Boris was going to make gastric band surgery far more readily available on the NHS (i.e. for free) for the obese. Seems like a perfect waste use of taxpayer money. I mean why bother teaching people about willpower and personal responsibility when you can just get other taxpayers to fund poor lifestyle choices. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

I'm sure I saw something last week saying that Boris was going to make gastric band surgery far more readily available on the NHS (i.e. for free) for the obese. Seems like a perfect waste use of taxpayer money. I mean why bother teaching people about willpower and personal responsibility when you can just get other taxpayers to fund poor lifestyle choices. 

So would the definition of a `Double Whammy` be a fat banker then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If the government genuinely thinks it absolutely vital that people lose weight then:

 

  • Maximum three day working week - four day weekend to go out and exercise.  Eight weeks holiday per year for the same reason.
  • Free tickets to public swimming pools and leisure centre - three visits a week.
  • One free veg box per week per person.
  • Change the planning laws massively - no more flats, all houses must have gardens big enough for children to play, every new estate must have a large central exercise area with equipment.
  • Start reducing population numbers by halting immigration so that people spend less time in traffic and more time outside.
  • Massive taxation on all takeaway food, sweets and crisps - 100% or more.

That would do it.

They could just quarantine everyone for everything but work and shopping and only allowed out otherwise for exercise. People would be out all day doing 'exercise'

 

Edited by sarahbell
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only recently started using supermarkets again. When I lived in the city, I never used them because of the independents (quality butchers, fishmonger, grocers, chinese supermarket etc).

Since using the supermarket chains recently something that has been very noticeable.

Young mums with a trolley piled high with north of a hundred and fifty quids worth of absolute fucking shite in every checkout queue every time I go.

And I'm seriously not joking. Not a single green item, piece of fresh fruit, vegetable or unprocessed meat item in the fucking trolley.

Probably helps them get the extra bung for little johnnies ADHD or whatever they have made up this week.

I'm a single bloke with the lifestyle to go with it and I couldn't live off the shite these idiots are feeding their kids.

Staggering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People are eating more calories than they're using.

And it's easier to eat more calories than you're burning if you eat calorie-dense foods, like processed foods.

That's it.

That's all it's ever really been.

But the problem is, if everyone made healthy food using simple fresh ingredents, this would be terrible for the econcomy. Hence we have government subsidized restaurants and cafe's next month.

The government is encouraging people to spend money on food that makes them fat (or is more likely to) because the economy relies on it. They'll 'fight obesity' using methods that also help prop up the economy, e.g. expensive surgeries, perhaps government funded weightwatcher classes, and of course buying a shitload of bikes for GP's to prescribe to fat people.

Because eating less calories, and thus spending less money, doesn't help prop up the economy.

Now don't forget to call into your nearest cafe for your state-subsidized fudge cake 3 days a week, every week, for the next month. Let's get the economy back on it's feet.

Edited by JoeDavola
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wight Flight said:

Ah. mashed avocado on toast is a no-no then :)

Apparently so.

TBH The airmiles involved in importing avocados should be enough reason not to eat them. The growing of crops in other countries does not benefit the people of that country, or even this country.

 

3 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Because eating less calories, and thus spending less money, doesn't help prop up the economy.


Greta should have been shouting for an agrarian economy. 
Grow what you eat where you grow it. It'd massively reduce world population.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If the government genuinely thinks it absolutely vital that people lose weight then:

 

  • Maximum three day working week - four day weekend to go out and exercise.  Eight weeks holiday per year for the same reason.
  • Free tickets to public swimming pools and leisure centre - three visits a week.
  • One free veg box per week per person.
  • Change the planning laws massively - no more flats, all houses must have gardens big enough for children to play, every new estate must have a large central exercise area with equipment.
  • Start reducing population numbers by halting immigration so that people spend less time in traffic and more time outside.
  • Massive taxation on all takeaway food, sweets and crisps - 100% or more.

That would do it.

Semi-joking - heres a direct correlation between the number of migrants and UK obesity.

Hardly surprising as lots of involved in shit takeaways (kebabs) delivering pizza n kebabs, or working in eateries providing cheap ta pay point waitress service.

Maybe eat out food needs to go up and all migrants should be banned for working in fast food?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I have only recently started using supermarkets again. When I lived in the city, I never used them because of the independents (quality butchers, fishmonger, grocers, chinese supermarket etc).

Since using the supermarket chains recently something that has been very noticeable.

Young mums with a trolley piled high with north of a hundred and fifty quids worth of absolute fucking shite in every checkout queue every time I go.

And I'm seriously not joking. Not a single green item, piece of fresh fruit, vegetable or unprocessed meat item in the fucking trolley.

Probably helps them get the extra bung for little johnnies ADHD or whatever they have made up this week.

I'm a single bloke with the lifestyle to go with it and I couldn't live off the shite these idiots are feeding their kids.

Staggering.

Yes I see a lot of that.  A good quarter of my local Lidl's food shelving is a run of crisps, sweets and biscuits.

They wouldn't dedicate the shelf space to them if that didn't represent a quarter of their sales.

Although down here with its alternative lifestyle vibe I am also sometimes shamed by a trolley full of fruit, veg, and meat with the nearest thing to processed food being a single loaf of bread.

That latter is relatively rare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I can't afford takeaways very often. They're too bloody dear.

£20 for three of us ... that's half a weeks shopping nearly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...