DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Why has everyone except me got a...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the one hand, a transporter is a 'perfect leisure vehicle' in the UK.  Not too big, nice to go to a place and have a cup of tea in the back, etc. On the other hand, if you just got a car and t

That's an awfully large number of nights in hotels, trips to airbnbs (if they still exist) and cottaging (if they still exist).

car roof rack then? these souped vans and campers are all a waste of money imo.......I'm spoken to plenty of old farts who love em but the reasons are boring ones..... ie comfy bed, yeah ok

Posted Images

Just now, Roger_Mellie said:

Friggin' Volkswagen Transporter. I see them everywhere. And I'm slightly jealous, cause they look really good.

If any consolation tried to sell mine and pandemic and time wasters caused no end of problems.

Still have it though so ya boo. They are fricking everywhere.

Just now, onlyme said:

If any consolation tried to sell mine and pandemic and time wasters caused no end of problems.

It amazes me people will spend 20k on a 20 year old motor, yet because its a VW expect it to be as reliable as a 5 year old motor from a different stable yet the same price. Then get shocked when they have to spend a fortune on them.

I guess its like fools gold, they expect to sell it to a greater fool later for more money (which happened with the early bays and the splittys).

I see loads that have been lowered.  I cant see how they are that practical as a van, especially if they are effectively scraping the floor.  Half decent Transporters / Sportslines make 15-20 grand...I really like the look of the Kombi's, but they seem to make a premium...so you could get a Transporter and convert it into a Kombi for a grand, and potentially save several thousand...

5 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

I see loads that have been lowered.  I cant see how they are that practical as a van, especially if they are effectively scraping the floor.  Half decent Transporters / Sportslines make 15-20 grand...I really like the look of the Kombi's, but they seem to make a premium...so you could get a Transporter and convert it into a Kombi for a grand, and potentially save several thousand...

None of that shit on mine, standard tyres on VW alloys - buy the tyres off those upgrading to bone shaker alloys. VW ship all their vans with the standard tyres and then the dealer swaps over to bling alloys and new tyres.

1 minute ago, Sir Ian Duncan smith said:

Any cunt caught driving a vw should be transported to Syria declared as gay and launched off a roof

Do i get extra points from driving a Skoda as well?

Edited by onlyme

A few mates have them, I always point out it's just a works van with a load of shit in the back.

Neighbour had a Renault trafic which he converted to a camper, did a pretty decent job of it too. Recently sold it and bought a transporter to do the same thing again.

Probably find the trafic is the better van.

Dubbers are the fucking worst kind of vehicular 'enthusiast'

An oldie but a goodie :D

Edited by Boglet
2 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Doesn't even take an 8x4 sheet properly.

car roof rack then?

these souped vans and campers are all a waste of money imo.......I'm spoken to plenty of old farts who love em but the reasons are boring ones.....

ie comfy bed, yeah ok on that score but if you're not a fat cunt you can get plenty of good self-inflating mattresses now with your 2 second pop up tent......

they like the cooker, the 'proper seats', errrr surely you want to be outdoors particularly in the summer?

watching a shitty little 14" TV, having a smelly shit in a confined space, having a reversing camera, oh yeah and shite bikes hanging off the back xD

On the one hand, a transporter is a 'perfect leisure vehicle' in the UK.  Not too big, nice to go to a place and have a cup of tea in the back, etc.

On the other hand, if you just got a car and then went to cafes for a nice cup of tea when you went places you'd both save thousands and have a nicer time.

I consider them to be like caravans; once you work out how much they cost and how little they're generally used, you could actually stay in hotels for less money.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Vans have become popular, as cars have evolved into vans.

If you look at the engineering it looks more like vans evolved into 'car like things'.

But one day we'll have an automotive asteroid strike, allowing the smaller, more nimble cars to take over.

17 minutes ago, Boglet said:

Dubbers are the fucking worst kind of vehicular 'enthusiast

Only those sadacts could take boasting about driving a diesel hatchback to absurd levels of cringe

Exhibit A

Stickers: Dub club, Dirty dub diesel

Get a life.

9 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

They're (supposedly) limited to 60mph on motorways & dual carriageways, which sort of puts me off them..

Vans I have hired go well faster than that. What happened to "people carriers"? Vans pretending they are cars.

38 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

It amazes me people will spend 20k on a 20 year old motor, yet because its a VW expect it to be as reliable as a 5 year old motor from a different stable yet the same price. Then get shocked when they have to spend a fortune on them.

I guess its like fools gold, they expect to sell it to a greater fool later for more money (which happened with the early bays and the splittys).

I've had the pleasure of owning a 20 year old VW. See many threads on this site. 

Now whilst utterly solid and with a diesel engine that will last for centuries - it's still got a pile of stuff to go wrong. And that costs a lot.

A campervan must have this times a hundred. 

£20k for that is nuts imo. 

51 minutes ago, onlyme said:

I've always liked you.

Now we have established I have first refusal, is the dosbod's discount 49%?

That 49% may seem high but if it's any consolation it did start a lot higher before I begrudgingly tried to be more realistic. The psychological pricing means you get over half which is well on the way to FULL PRICE!!

1 hour ago, dgul said:

I consider them to be like caravans; once you work out how much they cost and how little they're generally used, you could actually stay in hotels for less money.

My old Dad had a caravan. Used it about 3 times a year. Lost thousands when he sold it.

Not his worst investment though. He had a stannah stair lift installed just before he died. I reckon he rode on it 4 times. That's £1800 quid a go by my calculations!!