DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Twitter standards...

I've recently created my first ever twitter account for a laugh. 

Started trying to do the titiana type thing but I'm not good enough and most don't pick up the subtleties.

So I've now gone just for the pointing out lies of the "left" leaning media instead. Getting some decent likes.

8 followers in 3 days. Apparently according to the 13 year olds with me on holiday that's very decent. :D

10 minutes ago, MrPin said:

We're going down the pub.

Actually I am going to the pub..! Tomorrow, in Newcastle. First time in a boozer since all this shit kicked off.

Meeting some of my ex colleagues for a piss-up. Drinks are on my redundancy money.

I'm getting the train from the UK's newest train station, and 36 minutes later I'll be in Newcastle Central Station.

£7.90 day return - that's cheap as chips. The taxi taking me the 3 or 4 miles to Horden station and picking me up and bringing me home later will cost me more than that...!

XYY

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

I'm getting the train from the UK's newest train station,

???

I went for an interview in Jarrow, many years back, so I'm coming up from the South to look for work in Jarrow? I knew where I was going, but I wanted to go to Boldon Colliery. The station had gone, and it is now Brockley Whins, or Borking Whinnets?

14 minutes ago, MrPin said:

???

I went for an interview in Jarrow, many years back, so I'm coming up from the South to look for work in Jarrow? I knew where I was going, but I wanted to go to Boldon Colliery. The station had gone, and it is now Brockley Whins, or Borking Whinnets?

The new station has recently opened in Horden, a popular suburb of Peterlee...! I live on the other side of Peterlee which isn't quite a rough as Horden.

Doctor Beeching closed the old one in 1963. It's on the coastal route that connects Hartlepool to Sunderland.               

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

The new station has recently opened in Horden, a popular suburb of Peterlee...! I live on the other side of Peterlee which isn't quite a rough as Horden.

Doctor Beeching closed the old one in 1963. It's on the coastal route that connects Hartlepool to Sunderland.               

XYY

Poof.

9 hours ago, ccc said:

I've recently created my first ever twitter account for a laugh. 

Started trying to do the titiana type thing but I'm not good enough and most don't pick up the subtleties.

So I've now gone just for the pointing out lies of the "left" leaning media instead. Getting some decent likes.

8 followers in 3 days. Apparently according to the 13 year olds with me on holiday that's very decent. :D

Share the @name 

Oh forgot to add. 

Under my initial guise of rampant lefty I made a number of comments, on some prominent accounts all fine and dandy. Did that for maybe 3 days or so then changed it to right wing. 

Next time I logged on I got an alert up saying I now had to prove I wasn't a bot and click on all pics containing trees etc

Maybe a coincidence or maybe not...:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, ccc said:

Under my initial guise of rampant lefty I made a number of comments,

Anyone can, and add false or photoshopped images. I am surprised many here take a tweet as gospel. It's called being a troll, and it is rife.

Edited by MrPin