DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Benefits of migrants

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

A small number of highly skilled migrants can benefit a country in general - creating businesses and jobs.

The great lumpen masses that we see pouring in are purely of benefit to:

• Businesses which primarily employ low skilled workers and want to keep their wages down
  • People who own houses and want them to increase in value through increased demand

I think that's it.  I won't list the problems they bring as we know them all too well.

I'd agree that immigration is good for people that own coffee shops and care homes. However it's debatable if house values go up due to mass immigration. House prices are a reflection of income. Mass immigration has reduced wages...

I bought my flat in 2001 for £65k. It's now worth about £85k. Mass immigration hasn't done much for the price of my flat...

4 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I'd agree that immigration is good for people that own coffee shops and care homes. However it's debatable if house values go up due to mass immigration. House prices are a reflection of income. Mass immigration has reduced wages...

I bought my flat in 2001 for £65k. It's now worth about £85k. Mass immigration hasn't done much for the price of my flat...

Ditto Middlesbro.

Last 10 years have seen scum migrants have poured into Gresham.

The few OO left are fucked as their houses are unsellable.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Ditto Middlesbro.

Buy to let used by govt via banks to crowbar OO's out of areas and transition them to rented / multi occupancy. 

33 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Ditto Middlesbro.

In the North the deindustralisation meant there was spare housing capacity. I think you can overwhelm an area with immigration and create price growth. London ( East), Taipei, Beirut....just three areas where God forsaken Brutalist concrete crap can go for a million bucks.

2 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

Do these people exist?

Often mused how many ultra old aged people are still on state pensions abroad but are long since dead. Would a backhander be possible to local services to have the death not reported to the UK embassy? The other thing is you have dual nationality, it might not be known of the UK link. 

^^ Flats in the UK are shit, so obviously they only rise in value where people have no other choices. Shit quality, shit neighbors, police won’t stop your neighbors making your life a misery. 

3 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Immigration increases demand and diminishes supply of housing so obviously overall it pushes up prices in the entire market, though local effects will vary - areas that become scum-ridden will not see prices move up, but the places the locals flee to will. If Housing Benefit or Help to Buy was not payable to immigrants then it would all be different, but it is.

3 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

The popular image on Dosbods is of waves of migrants assaulting the beaches  of southern England like a reenactment of the D Day landings as they escape the hell of France. But just how bad are things in France?

I've unearthed these figures (note these are not for public consumption in case they fall into the hands of far right groups who might use them as propaganda)

12.4 million immigrants  in France are claiming social security benefits for a total population of 66.5 million (if you believe the official figures) in 2020. By immigrant we mean people not born in France but who are either resident or naturalized or who live in an overseas territory. It doesn't represent any particular country or continent but the majority of fake ids detected were North Africans but the holders may have been from other countries. It could be Bill from Birmingham using an Algerian Id to defraud the social security.

The total social security figure is claimed as 787 billion euros for 2020 (source le Figaro). It is hard to verify this figure though as the social security budget is split across different bodies. From the site: www.securite-sociale.fr the figure is given as 470 billion. However les Echos (french equivalent of the FT) says "Le montant total des prestations de protection sociale (santé, retraite, famille, chômage) s'est établi à 741 milliards d'euros en 2018" referring to this report: https://drees.solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/er1131.pdf

That means that the social security budget is 11,800 euros (10,675 GBP) for every French resident, children included. That is a huge figure. (as a comparison as a senior software developer in France I take home 21600 euros but have to pay transport, work clothes, meals out of that and have a child to support, if I got the average figure for me and my child I would have 23,600 euros / annum, more than my current salary. Ok this is a simplification as there is a vast army of civil servants to administer all this; and I've not factored in health which is part of the 11,800 euros). People on social security also get benefits such as cheap electricity and water subsidized through bills.

If those 12.4 million people actually exist it means that immigrants represent 42% of the social security budget for France. Here's the thing though, according to the last census only 9.9 million immigrants should be claiming social security using the method established by the Inspection des Finances. So there appear to be 2.5 million ghost claimants. Do these people exist? In part yes, they are illegal immigrants using fake ID but also they are people claiming multiple times. A Romanian was  found to be claiming for 1200 people in 2018 in the North of France and it is believed this kind of fraud is rife.

These figures don't include education or the extra policing or infrastructure projects for immigrant areas. For example immigrant areas  get priority education - whereas your typical French high school may have up to 40 pupils to a class, in immigrant areas, due to the special educational needs, the class sizes are half this figure. Immigrants also benefit from positive discrimination in higher education and civil service jobs.

Interesting facts/figures if all correct. IMO France is fucked and getting more fucked by the year, the cities are already lost. Still possible to make a pleasant life in rural or small town France IMO, but I’d want my kids to have other passports for their future. The other day there were people shooting AK47s in the streets of Nice ffs. 

Every other person I talk to in France, if I tell them I live in CH, they say they want to move there. Young women feign interest in a 55yo man (I’m deluded but not that deluded ffs) in the vain hope that I would take them there. Nuff said. 

12 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Interesting facts/figures if all correct. IMO France is fucked and getting more fucked by the year, the cities are already lost. Still possible to make a pleasant life in rural or small town France IMO, but I’d want my kids to have other passports for their future. The other day there were people shooting AK47s in the streets of Nice ffs. 

Every other person I talk to in France, if I tell them I live in CH, they say they want to move there. Young women feign interest in a 55yo man (I’m deluded but not that deluded ffs) in the vain hope that I would take them there. Nuff said. 

“Another business trip to France?”

”Yes dear, this one is a 3 day conference and I’m going to be exhausted and in need of a damn good shower when I get home. And if I have scratches on my back, it’ll probably be bed bugs. Those French whores, err hotels are filthy”

1 minute ago, Reck B said:

“Another business trip to France?”

”Yes dear, this one is a 3 day conference and I’m going to be exhausted and in need of a damn good shower when I get home. And if I have scratches on my back, it’ll probably be bed bugs. Those French whores, err hotels are filthy”

The missus is Brazilian, very jealous and has a laser eye for such things, so that certainly wouldn’t fly. 

4 hours ago, Great Guy said:

House prices are a function of a number of things but one is the level of housing benefit. This is not a constant across the country but is dependent on your area and rents in your area. So in a Northern town the average may be say £400 per month but in London it will be say £1,200. The £1,200 paid by the taxpayer (and workers who rent) keeps prices high and provides Scumlords with their 3% ROI paid for by the taxpayer. When we rented a few years ago we tried to negotiate a rent reduction on a new place, the benefit claimant offered the full amount as they were not actually paying  … ironically as a taxpayer I was funding their rent as they outbid me. Paying tax to allow rents to rise, so I had to pay more rent; a taxpaying worker outbid by people on benefits. So one benefit of immigrants who claim benefits is in keeping rents high and more profits for scumlords. Housing benefit (in broad terms with the 30% quartile etc) is a function of local rents paid, so if local rent average is £1,000 per WEEK or £50,000 per year then housing benefit would be say £40,000 per year and average house prices £5,000,000 … OK extreme but the principle is consistent with how housing benefit works, the higher the local rent the higher the housing benefit and it therefore feeds itself.

Also if you can get £1,200 as a landlord from rent (say a 3% return) then where else would you put £500,000 (or any amount of capital other than in shares) when savings rates are 0.2%. More immigration creates more demand for housing and increases the level of housing benefit payable. Property is seen by many as a safe investment like savings are rather than shares which have a higher risk (I said seen).

Immigration increases overall GDP (consumption) but decreases GDP per Capita (quality of life).

1 hour ago, The Grey Man said:

Often mused how many ultra old aged people are still on state pensions abroad but are long since dead. Would a backhander be possible to local services to have the death not reported to the UK embassy? The other thing is you have dual nationality, it might not be known of the UK link. 

I suspect it is common. I know an absolute bastard who I think is claiming his dead wifes state pension but I can't prove it.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

^^ Flats in the UK are shit, so obviously they only rise in value where people have no other choices. Shit quality, shit neighbors, police won’t stop your neighbors making your life a misery. 

Immigration increases demand and diminishes supply of housing so obviously overall it pushes up prices in the entire market, though local effects will vary - areas that become scum-ridden will not see prices move up, but the places the locals flee to will. If Housing Benefit or Help to Buy was not payable to immigrants then it would all be different, but it is.

I know a girl from Romania who bought a flat in Southampton. Living in a flat in Romania is the norm for most people. Anyway, she was complaining that everyone in the block is horrible and smoke drugs all night. I think this is probably the norm in the uk. She wants a house now.

3 hours ago, sukuinage said:

Similar to a lot of places.  Where I lived in Basingstoke the house prices have gone up considerably since 2001, the flats not so; in some cases they have actually gone down in price 

Did a lot of work in Amazingstoke, surveying waste ground that was being turned into flats. Fucking thousands of the bastards.