DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Dosbods Masonic handshake?

Been chatting to an old mate at work recently mainly via email and What’s App. I haven’t actually seen her for several years and we haven't spoken face to face, since we work at different sites but after a gradual and mutually slightly cautious revealing of our up to date views on the world, it occurs to me that not only would she fit in quite well on this site, she might even already be here. She mentioned a couple of forums that she frequents, but didn’t mention this one.

Maybe we should have some kind of recognition phrase, to test if people in that kind of situation are ‘in the know’, a sort of digital Masonic handshake.

It would need to be an innocent phrase that you could easily work into a conversation, but would stand out to those who knew what it meant.

On the other hand, with only a few hundred on the site and potentially million’s of people, I’m probably talking bollox again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.....and 7 can do the ironing....

4 15 19 2 15 4 19

Three part code is always better.   "I was woken up yesterday by two blackbirds having a right old fight in my garden.  Watched it for 20 minutes - amazing.  We should make a program about i

15 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Maybe we should have some kind of recognition phrase, to test if people in that kind of situation are ‘in the know’, a sort of digital Masonic handshake.

It would need to be an innocent phrase that you could easily work into a conversation, but would stand out to those who knew what it meant.

15 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

I’m probably talking bollox again.

....and there we have our new phrase ;)

Edited by JoeDavola
8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ah, so there would need to be two statements made. A question and then the correct answer. Very good for stopping unwanted infiltration.   👍

The flaw in the plan is that this thread is on the open forum - so any lurking "fifth-columners" can read it without even creating an account...!

We need a better plan...

XYY