DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what I've heard from rural types, they are shot by farmers and dumped in the gutter of busy roads to make it look like they've been hit by a motor vehicle.  Since I was told that a few years ago,

When I've seen badgers, it looks like they died from Volvo, rather than TB. OF course I am not a vet, so it is a guess.

There was a kid at my school who was obsessed with coypus; he claimed that he was going to buy a customised American 18 wheeler rig and drive a load of coypus around the country, in some sort of roads

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

When I've seen badgers, it looks like they died from Volvo, rather than TB. OF course I am not a vet, so it is a guess.

From what I've heard from rural types, they are shot by farmers and dumped in the gutter of busy roads to make it look like they've been hit by a motor vehicle.  Since I was told that a few years ago, I try to take a quick look as I drive past any dead badgers, and I've noticed that they are always in the gutter, and I've never seen any with any noticeable injuries or even any pools of blood by their bodies, so I'm inclined to agree.

Hit a Muntjac deer once. There was a deer phone number to call for someone to come along and scoop it up.

I was driving a Volvo as well. No damage (to the Volvo) :D

On another occasion I launched a pheasant into orbit whilst driving a Peugeot 306 loan car. Broken light and bumper from that one. Must have been a heavyweight bird.

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Was anything ever proven about badgers and TB? It all went a bit quiet.

Bojo's burd got him to cancel or at least postpone the resumption of the cull.

Fair play to her with that one in all honesty.

1 minute ago, Royston said:

Fair play to her with that one in all honesty.

I personally don't believe there is a connection, but I do remember some trial culls down west. Nobody knows then?

12 minutes ago, JohnThePessimist said:

Sounds like a scheme to get @Hopeful to source his protein at Tesco & Morrisons like everyone else....

I wound't say never, but not while I can forage - we eat too well.

Having said that, had to have a few words with the GF yestreday morning.

Happened to call her and she said "I was meaning to call you, I passed an injured deer on the side of the road about an hour ago, it was struggling to get up, it needed help"

FFS! I said, it'd been clouted by a car. It needed killing. Of course, by the time I drove there somebody else had taken it.

That could have been in our freezer.

Edited by Hopeful
2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Hit a Muntjac deer once. There was a deer phone number to call for someone to come along and scoop it up.

I was driving a Volvo as well. No damage (to the Volvo) :D

On another occasion I launched a pheasant into orbit whilst driving a Peugeot 306 loan car. Broken light and bumper from that one. Must have been a heavyweight bird.

I once saw a Transit van hit a Red Deer in Notts. The deer shrugged himself down and bounded into the forest. The van was write off.

I have also picked up and butchered a Roe deer hit by the car in front of me here in Somerset. To be honest I wouldn't do it again as it was too messy and smelly but there was a lost of meat, but quite tough. Farmed deer are usually more tender in my experience.

2 hours ago, Lipid said:

From what I've heard from rural types, they are shot by farmers and dumped in the gutter of busy roads to make it look like they've been hit by a motor vehicle.  Since I was told that a few years ago, I try to take a quick look as I drive past any dead badgers, and I've noticed that they are always in the gutter, and I've never seen any with any noticeable injuries or even any pools of blood by their bodies, so I'm inclined to agree.

Yup.  Old trick. 

14 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

I once saw a Transit van hit a Red Deer in Notts. The deer shrugged himself down and bounded into the forest. The van was write off.

I have also picked up and butchered a Roe deer hit by the car in front of me here in Somerset. To be honest I wouldn't do it again as it was too messy and smelly but there was a lost of meat, but quite tough. Farmed deer are usually more tender in my experience.

Died in pain - Adrenalin will toughen the meat.

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The Deep State are re-animating them and forming a zombie badger army. They already have an army of flying monkeys under command of the Wicked Witch of the West. 

A few farmers I know dump them at the side of the road to make it look accidental .

3 hours ago, MrPin said:

I personally don't believe there is a connection, but I do remember some trial culls down west. Nobody knows then?

Again and again.

T Shirt shops don't come better than this. Retro, Cool, Funny, Music, Brand and Fashion T Shirts. Mash T Shirt, It T Shirt, Shirt Shop, Hufflepuff Pride, Tough Guy, Badger, Slogan, Cool T Shirts, Life Is Good

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

And as Bernard Black once wisely said,

"Go round the green bin bags. Turn right at the mouldy George Elliot, forward, forward and turn left at the dead badger"

Fucking map reading skills in this era are shocking. I don't know how my godson gets laid.

3 hours ago, Royston said:

I think you'll find all women live under patriarchal oppression and it would be nearly inconceivable that an attractive thirty-two year old woman was determining UK national policy.

22 minutes ago, Nippy said:

I think you'll find all women live under patriarchal oppression and it would be nearly inconceivable that an attractive thirty-two year old woman was determining UK national policy.

That would be cunt struck