DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

https://order-order.com/2020/07/28/exclusive-enfield-becomes-first-council-to-ban-meat/

An eco-warrior administration at Enfield Council is set to become the first elected body in the UK to ban meat in an attempt to tackle climate change. Buried on page 36 of their “Enfield climate action plan 2020” it is spelt out that from December 2020 onwards, “all events held by Enfield Council where catering is provided [will] offer only vegan or vegetarian options”.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a better idea. They just don't hold any more "events" and return whatever taxpayer money they are wasting on them back to the taxpayer. Fucks sake, we are sliding towards Sterling devaluation a

I've actually increased my meat consumption, especially pork (for allah) because of these jokers and their ilk. I'm just exhausted by it all. They'll be telling us how we should fuck in the prescribed

We rarely eat meat.  We find we can make good tasty meals with just veg.  And this started because we don't like how animals are treated in the food industry, it has nothing to do with co2 and other s

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, eight said:

Just lately I have gone off meat and could easily become vegetarian, but I doubt I'd get it past the family.

Course it will, just serve up the non-meat and when they kick off just shake your head mournfully and sigh,  mumble something about new covid regulations, save the NHS. They'll be yumming it up in seconds.

5 minutes ago, eight said:

Just lately I have gone off meat and could easily become vegetarian, but I doubt I'd get it past the family.

We rarely eat meat.  We find we can make good tasty meals with just veg.  And this started because we don't like how animals are treated in the food industry, it has nothing to do with co2 and other such bollocks. 

It doesn't however mean I'm going to turn up at a mates bbq later and tell them they can't have beer burgers.  These people are very very dangerous. 

1 hour ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

https://order-order.com/2020/07/28/exclusive-enfield-becomes-first-council-to-ban-meat/

An eco-warrior administration at Enfield Council is set to become the first elected body in the UK to ban meat in an attempt to tackle climate change. Buried on page 36 of their “Enfield climate action plan 2020” it is spelt out that from December 2020 onwards, “all events held by Enfield Council where catering is provided [will] offer only vegan or vegetarian options”.

So they'll be eating swedes and turnips pulled from the soil of Enfield then?

Fuck off they'll be eating stuff flown from the far reaches of the world.

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

So they'll be eating swedes and turnips pulled from the soil of Enfield then?

Fuck off they'll be eating stuff flown from the far reaches of the world.

I know my chilles sometimes come from Kenya. They are 100% vegetarian, and they fly here.

1 hour ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I've actually increased my meat consumption, especially pork (for allah) because of these jokers and their ilk. I'm just exhausted by it all. They'll be telling us how we should fuck in the prescribed way before long.

Ditto.

I used to buy "turkey ham" but wouldn't touch it these days. 

I always now buy proper ham from a pig because I know that it will not have been religiously slaughtered = throat cut whilst fully conscious.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Ditto.

I used to buy "turkey ham" but wouldn't touch it these days. 

I always now buy proper ham from a pig because I know that it will not have been religiously slaughtered = throat cut whilst fully conscious.

You don't KNOW that. It's just meat and dead, otherwise you have to do it yourself, as my grandfather did.

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

not eating meat doesn't improve the animal's welfare, just means they won't exist. Do vegetarians have a god complex ?

Well I'll give an anecdotal, which obvioulsy I could make up , but I rented a little cottage behind a farm, in my time in Scawtland. I asked the farmer whether he grew any vegetables. It's only marginal land, and all that grows here is grass, so it's sheep or cows. My plans for a banana plantation were devastated.

9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Well I'll give an anecdotal, which obvioulsy I could make up , but I rented a little cottage behind a farm, in my time in Scawtland. I asked the farmer whether he grew any vegetables. It's only marginal land, and all that grows here is grass, so it's sheep or cows. My plans for a banana plantation were devastated.

if the farmer's got any sense he'll have converted the steadings into holiday accomodation and your cottage into a romantic but and ben

6 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Meat is lovely.

And since I found out that modern pork is safe to cook rare, I enjoy it even more...

XYY

Where did you hear that?

Be really fucking careful someone who once worked for me’s husband had an undercooked pork chop off a barbecue nearly died.

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

if the farmer's got any sense he'll have converted the steadings into holiday accomodation and your cottage into a romantic but and ben

Oh there was a small caravan site, so he was certainly no idiot.