DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Carry On Covid: No one is going on a nice foreign holiday again

Did Sweden have the right idea?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Has Sweden handled COVID-19 better than the UK?

• Yes
    • No
    • Too early to tell still
    • What's COVID-19?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent 15-20K going to Florida for the month of Jan and having a great time with the wife and kid. A bit of a reward for the 100 hour weeks I do, never being at home and when I am there working.  We

Flight.  No mask through entire airport including gate. No issues. Fastest ever. From leaving my house front door to gate 26 mins - and nearly all of that was the drive.  9 rows to myself. F

I'm on holiday again. Zero issues. Get on with your lives.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

International travel is vexing me a bit at the moment

Maybe different this time but always thought things that keep others away can be a blessing... For example I wish I had visited the pyramids after a few of the bomb attacks probably have the place to yourself.

Equally depending on where your going I think it would be fine with precaution... The virus seems to be everywhere now, especially the UK although doesn't seem to be affecting many in my vicinity (ie I can see many people getting put off visiting the UK but in reality it isn't bad right now).

Stay healthy and all but I'm almost inclined to say get your tickets when you still and enjoy.

3 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Anywhere you can get back to Calais overland, if push came to shove, will be fine I reckon there’s no realistic prospect of then shutting the ferries or tunnel but I don’t think grounding all flights is out of the question. 

Yes, ferries have been running all the time through lockdown, freight traffic and the odd private passenger / car.

15 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

For example I wish I had visited the pyramids after a few of the bomb attacks probably have the place to yourself.

I did see pyramids, as I had a day off when my flight was delayed. None of them blew up.

19 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Foreign travel used to be an elistist thing.

I think stats show that 1% of the world population flies. (until covid)

So what did it used to be?

My great aunt was the only one to have foreign holidays in out family. 

I still remember being really young and you would hear about people from "overseas" or someone was "going overseas".  Never hear that now it's just a £50 ticket to Costa, usually far cheaper than a train or holiday in the UK.

Then well before my time I think the norm was going on boats for extended periods of time.  One of my dad's uncles who I don't think I ever met or died long before was some kind of Dr but a bad one (supposedly) he would never pick up bills for example and "his thing" was blagging free passage on passenger ships going for weeks/ month at a time as extra surgeon or something.

Sounded pretty good to me.

Just now, Dogtania said:

I still remember being really young and you would hear about people from "overseas" or someone was "going overseas".  Never hear that now it's just a £50 ticket to Costa, usually far cheaper than a train or holiday in the UK.

I have seen some people bleating this week that they've spent 5k on a holiday. 

HOW MUCH! 

11 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I have seen some people bleating this week that they've spent 5k on a holiday. 

HOW MUCH! 

A guy at my work is notorious for this.  He's not got a mortgage or kids which helps but always gets the premium package extra leg room on the flight etc.  He's rescheduled this year to next (he only pays cash crazy) I was saying surely it would be better getting a refund in case another company goes down.

Same guy with a private reg on his tiny car that up until recently he would replace every 18 months or so (tiny underpowered but always had the extras).  The guy must be a dream job for any salesmen.  I remember telling him to use his Tesco points as vouchers at pizza express or something rather than at the till... He wouldn't want to be seen in that light of looking for discounts etc so would never be able to (seemed to see it as shameful, I'm the opposite it's shameful not to 😂)

7 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I spent 15-20K going to Florida for the month of Jan and having a great time with the wife and kid. A bit of a reward for the 100 hour weeks I do, never being at home and when I am there working.  We did not get in debt and can afford it it is all relative

I think people are losing their minds look at Sweden they have been sensible and OK, if we can get the government and people to see sense we can go back to normal no worries at all - This is now more about ass covering for what is coming economy wise and control as experts are notorious focusing on the issue above all else. The lockdown was to prevent overloading of the NHS nothing else it should have ended the minute it was shown the NHS was not overloaded.

Life is for living we seem to have forgotten that at times recently

Christ, for that much you could have gone somewhere nice!

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Forget anything as adventerous as holidays, a mate mentioned yesterday that he's 'rarely leaving the house' and has no intention on doing so until 'the cure' is found.

Fucking crazy if you ask me but there ya go.

We are fucked if were face a serious threat, the kidults cannot handle life