DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Carry On Covid: No one is going on a nice foreign holiday again

sarahbell

Did Sweden have the right idea?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mirror Mirror
1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

300,000 people who broke quarantine rules?

Seems a bit of a pointless story, unless it’s to try and frighten people into obedience. How can they retrospectively prove that you haven’t been quarantining probably?

The bbc article does offer an opportunity to put your head in a noose though - or for some top trolling, depending on your inclination.

D86ABA4C-8A54-470A-8704-5B3328E16FCB.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4

1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

BBC News reporting quarantine story claiming people may not have answered their phones when called.

Burn them.

We have a knackered landline phone, we had some many scam phonecalls (which I don't believe for one minute cannot be identified and stopped at almost zero cost) we basically gave up answering it. 

All  credit to BT for a wonderful service.

• Agree 1

For years I have done a large dance event in Mallorca every October. With a bit of Oktoberfesting in my spare time. For the avoidance of doubt that is festing with an 'e'

This year Spain open and flights open so it could have gone ahead - except dancing is currently illegal in Spain. Allegedly there was chatter about how to clandestine dance without the police seeing, but was unrealistic so cancelled. Nobody fancied being tango'd off to the nick.

Edited by Funn3r
clarity
  • Informative 3
  • Lol 2

Hail the Tripod
On 13/09/2021 at 18:14, Funn3r said:

For years I have done a large dance event in Mallorca every October. With a bit of Oktoberfesting in my spare time. For the avoidance of doubt that is festing with an 'e'

This year Spain open and flights open so it could have gone ahead - except dancing is currently illegal in Spain. Allegedly there was chatter about how to clandestine dance without the police seeing, but was unrealistic so cancelled. Nobody fancied being tango'd off to the nick.

Where the fuck is Kevin Bacon when you need him?

The Generation Game

I see that Germany has moved from a "3G" to a "2G" system, with a negative test no longer being sufficient to enter the country. 

Only jabbed or recovering are allowed. 

Papieren bitte!

Edit: national strategy appears to be 3G but several states are imposing 2G requirements. 

https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/german-expat-news/more-german-states-opt-optional-2g-rules-exclude-unvaccinated

Edited by The Generation Game
  • Informative 1

I assume this has been discussed here a lot before but I didn't notice it. How do they check the quarantine thing when you're back in the UK?

It looks like if I do go to Spain I'll need to quarantine afterwards. It's not hard for me to quarantine as I live alone and can work from home. But I doubt I'll follow it correctly all the time. Do they track your phone etc?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9999485/PCR-tests-axed-amber-countries-turn-green-red-list-halved-new-plans.html#comments

Edited by spunko

stop_the_craziness
29 minutes ago, spunko said:

I assume this has been discussed here a lot before but I didn't notice it. How do they check the quarantine thing when you're back in the UK?

It looks like if I do go to Spain I'll need to quarantine afterwards. It's not hard for me to quarantine as I live alone and can work from home. But I doubt I'll follow it correctly all the time. Do they track your phone etc?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9999485/PCR-tests-axed-amber-countries-turn-green-red-list-halved-new-plans.html#comments

When I came back last year I got no contact from anyone by phone, text email or anything.  And I also know several people who simply haven't bothered to quarantine at all with no effects whatsoever.  But @Andersenreally shocked me on another thread as he has just flown into the UK and had Track N Trace on his doorstep almost immediately.  I wonder if it is just a lottery and you either get picked out of the hat or you don't?

• Agree 1

Mirror Mirror
14 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

I see that Germany has moved from a "3G" to a "2G" system, with a negative test no longer being sufficient to enter the country.  

Only jabbed or recovering are allowed. 

Papieren bitte!

Edit: national strategy appears to be 3G but several states are imposing 2G requirements. 

https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/german-expat-news/more-german-states-opt-optional-2g-rules-exclude-unvaccinated

The article says nothing about entering the country.

The Generation Game
16 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

The article says nothing about entering the country.

You are right. Sorry, I picked an English article. The original czech one I read was skimmed and misinterpreted. It is also paywalled. 

No entry without vaccination. In Germany, they are hardening, a negative test is no longer enough

https://www.idnes.cz/zpravy/zahranicni/ockovani-nemecko-covid-pandemie-negativni-test.A210915_181014_zahranicni_albe

Berlin - The 2G rule applies here! Admission only for vaccinated or cured! Thank you for your understanding! In recent days, similar inscriptions have increasingly appeared on the doors of restaurants in various parts of Germany.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
8 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

When I came back last year I got no contact from anyone by phone, text email or anything.  And I also know several people who simply haven't bothered to quarantine at all with no effects whatsoever.  But @Andersenreally shocked me on another thread as he has just flown into the UK and had Track N Trace on his doorstep almost immediately.  I wonder if it is just a lottery and you either get picked out of the hat or you don't?

Profiling? He's on their list due to internet posts:ph34r:

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

10 hours ago, spunko said:

It looks like if I do go to Spain I'll need to quarantine afterwards.

Have a look at the government list of exempted occupations - there are a lot.

Yadda yadda yadda
10 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

It is bound to be a lottery. They don't have near enough resources to contact everyone.

However, the odds will change if they change the rules so only the unvaccinated need to quarantine.

I have a chalet on hold for Chamonix (booking in my name) late feb for me and 5 mates. We have been going for 8 years or so.

The wattsapp group has started up again, as it always does at this time of year, planning flights, transfers etc. I'm therefore assuming they have all been jabbered.

Just checked France's rules for me, as an unvaccinated person able to catch and transmit COVID-19 (as opposed to a vaccinated person able to catch and transmit COVID-19)

Non-fully vaccinated people: You can only enter France if you have an essential reason. Most of the essential reasons involve you having the right to live or work in France.

Unvaccinated people entering France from the UK must present a negative Covid test taken less than 24 hours before departure. This does not apply for children below the age of 12.

France confirms stricter Covid test rules for UK and 5 other countries

You must also present a completed ‘sworn statement’. This is as above, but also includes a promise to self-isolate for one week.

You are requested to self-isolate for seven days upon arrival at a place of your choice (and do a voluntary antigen test) and then later take a PCR test and have a negative result to leave isolation.

Not sure what to do really. I can cancel the booking up to 60 days before travel without paying anything.

I suppose my options are;

1) Tell them now I won't be going, so they can take on the booking/find a replacement/find a cheaper place

2) Wait and see what happens over Autumn

3) Get jabbed, because I can't live without snowboarding at least once a year. O.o

I'm veering to 2. I'm expecting the re-introduction of heavy travel restrictions and moving of goalposts. I reckon countries will start to 'not recognise' certain vaccines (eg AZ)

Edited by Reck B
  • Agree 3

The Masked Tulip
5 minutes ago, Reck B said:

I have a chalet on hold for Chamonix (booking in my name) late feb for me and 5 mates. We have been going for 8 years or so.

The wattsapp group has started up again, as it always does at this time of year, planning flights, transfers etc. I'm therefore assuming they have all been jabbered.

Just checked France's rules for me, as an unvaccinated person able to catch and transmit COVID-19 (as opposed to a vaccinated person able to catch and transmit COVID-19)

Not sure what to do really. I can cancel the booking up to 60 days before travel without paying anything.

1) Tell them now I won't be going, so they can take on the booking/find a replacement/find a cheaper place

3) Get jabbed, because I can't live without snowboarding at least once a year. O.o

I'm veering to 2. I'm expecting the re-introduction of heavy travel restrictions and moving of goalposts. I reckon countries will start to 'not recognise' certain vaccines (eg AZ)

Go with 3. You know that as soon as you take the jab all your worries and problems will melt away. Stop beating yourself up.

Snowboarding for a few days is definitely worth an experimental gene therapy that appears to be killing thousands and giving tens of hundreds of thousands the most terrible life-destroying injuries.

Did I over-egg it?

• Lol 5

6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Go with 3. You know that as soon as you take the jab all your worries and problems will melt away. Stop beating yourself up.

Snowboarding for a few days is definitely worth an experimental gene therapy that appears to be killing thousands and giving tens of hundreds of thousands the most terrible life-destroying injuries.

Did I over-egg it?

Snowboarding (badly) can be dangerous too.

(I don't think its fatal by the way - I think he was just knocked out by the top of the jump)

Edited by Reck B

13 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Get vaxxed or don't go.
Realistically those are your short term options. 

2 is just delaying the decision. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Reck B said:

https://xscapeyorkshire.co.uk/snozone-uks-leading-snow-centre

https://www.chillfactore.com/

7k87xboa9s711.jpg

• Lol 2

The Masked Tulip
3 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Snowboarding (badly) can be dangerous too.

(I don't think its fatal by the way - I think he was just knocked out by the top of the jump)

Fair do. I was expecting the ending to be the damage but it was a good start.

1 minute ago, feed said:

Get vaxxed or don't go.
Realistically those are your short term options. 

2 is just delaying the decision. 

I'll never get vaxxed btw. I'll pray for a bit of sanity to come back.

God I miss snowboarding.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Yadda yadda yadda
34 minutes ago, Reck B said:

I think my trip to Spain next June/July will probably be scuppered for non-jab reasons. France this winter is almost zero chance, bar a revolution.

Would your friends be able to get someone else involved at short notice? If so it is no skin off their nose in waiting.

10 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Similar problem here with Austria. I'm doing 2.

As for 3, if it comes to it then Scotland it is. If the ski areas aren't allowed to open then I'll be buying myself a split board and sleeping in my car if that's the only way.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Buy yourself a dinghy