DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Carry On Covid: No one is going on a nice foreign holiday again

sarahbell

Did Sweden have the right idea?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PaulParanoia

That's it then, no more family holidays to the US for us.  There's no way our kids are having the clot shot just so we can go there.  I expect these restriction will be in place for years to come like the post 9-11 temporary security checks.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/us-relax-travel-restrictions-passengers-uk-eu-november-source-2021-09-20/

"There will be some exceptions to the vaccine policy, officials said, including for children not yet eligible to be vaccinated."

• Agree 3

The Generation Game
9 minutes ago, PaulParanoia said:

That's it then, no more family holidays to the US for us.  There's no way our kids are having the clot shot just so we can go there.  I expect these restriction will be in place for years to come like the post 9-11 temporary security checks.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/us-relax-travel-restrictions-passengers-uk-eu-november-source-2021-09-20/

"There will be some exceptions to the vaccine policy, officials said, including for children not yet eligible to be vaccinated."

Yes. I'm sure it will raise some difficult questions in the @Wight Flighthome regarding weddings. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

6 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

https://www.un.org/en/about-us/universal-declaration-of-human-rights

Article 13

1.     Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
  2.     Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Where are liberty and the lawyers ?

Too busy arguing that men are women, and vice versa. Cunts. 

• Agree 3

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Yes. I'm sure it will raise some difficult questions in the @Wight Flighthome regarding weddings. 

We have kicked that can another 12 months down the road.

Mrs Flight will probably get jabbed to attend National Championships next year though.

• Agree 1
  • Bogged 1

Yadda yadda yadda

So there are separate rules for US citizens and they can travel on a test only?

How long can they keep this up for? They need to have cases, on paper at least. Perhaps they expect to be able to shift to a green passport in the next couple of years.

• Agree 1

On 18/09/2021 at 08:41, Iamcynical said:

I paid a deposit in March for a ski trip to France in December.  I fully expected a lockdown in winter to prevent the trip happening.  When booking I verified that if the goalposts move between booking and travelling, and that I'm prevented from travelling for whatever reason, then I will receive a full refund.  I was told I would be.

This past week the booking agent is now demanding full payment.  I've ended up contacting the operator in France for confirmation in writing that I will receive a full refund if I am denied my trip due to not being vaccinated.  I'm getting a slightly uneasy feeling that all concerned want my money now, and will try and squirm out of returning my money should I be refused entry into France, or be forced to isolate upon entry (which also renders the trip impossible).

I have always found that despite what guarantees/assurances anyone gives, its always harder to get you money back once they have it!....now, with business being so bad I wonder what they would do if you said "Fuc£ it, give me a refund of my deposit now and I will decide at a later date if I travel with your or one of your competitors...assuming of course you are still in business then?"

Edited by MrXxxx

On 18/09/2021 at 13:38, Mirror Mirror said:

Although in reality, it matters not either way, or what they do.

Elsewhere, I just started a post saying that the UKs new policy of allowing the jabbed into the country without testing or quarantine was illogical and would increases cases, but suddenly realised that, of course it won’t.

Given that the virus is endemic everywhere, all travel restrictions are pointless and futile, so they can bring in this policy, ostensibly to loosen travel restrictions, and possibly to reward the good little jabbees, while putting pressure on people to get injected, but having zero risk of making anything worse.

It’s only if they move to a system of excluding all but the vaccinated from coming indoors, with no negative test option, that they run the risk of looking silly if infections increase, and there being no excuse for it.

Yes and no...if they want to continue 'playing' the variant game they will have a bit of explaining to do when novel variant x from overseas appears in the UK, especially as the PCR tests enforced on the unvaccinated should detect it, but the LTF on the vaccinated wouldn't.

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
24 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

So there are separate rules for US citizens and they can travel on a test only?

How long can they keep this up for? They need to have cases, on paper at least. Perhaps they expect to be able to shift to a green passport in the next couple of years.

Any US citizen that wants a vax pass can get one. Rather pointless to demand them.

The test makes much more sense.

22 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Spanish bloke who lives in Ibiza goes to Madrid then returns. He gets off the plane and refuses all their QR codes and whatever. Everyone hassles him and calls cops but he blows them off.  Spanish with subtitles.

https://rumble.com/vlonpx-ibiza-airport-dr-angel-ruiz-this-is-how-the-right-to-free-movement-is-exerc.html

..we need more people to be doing this until 'they' realise it is unmanageable...and as for the teacher, no, the government didn't force you, you failed to stand-up for your rights so its too late to grumble about these if you are not prepared to stand-up for them in the first place!

Finally, it always makes me laugh the way authority accuse others of being disrespectful/awkward when they are simply taking an opposite LAWFUL opinion, what ever happen to the democratic right of having your own opinion?!

Edited by MrXxxx
  • Agree 2

We've pretty much given up on holidays outside the UK for the foreseeable future. The only thing we'll really miss is skiing but my bank account will be much happier for it!

I suspect that fretting about holidays will be a low priority concern in a few years time. Sadly there will be more fundamental problems to deal with.

• Agree 5
  • Bogged 1

Yadda yadda yadda
12 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Any US citizen that wants a vax pass can get one. Rather pointless to demand them.

The test makes much more sense.

How does that work? Is it still just a piece of card with handwriting on it?

Wight Flight
14 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

How does that work? Is it still just a piece of card with handwriting on it?

In many places yes.

It is one of the things that makes me think this wasn't all entirely planned. When they started jabbing the yanks were very laid back about evidence. In some cases they just emailed the jab card artwork to the jabbing centre and left them to print them off. And if you got jabbed at some random event almost no records were kept. They can't really prove anything.

Edited by Wight Flight
  • Informative 2

Yadda yadda yadda
5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

In many places yes.

It is one of the things that makes me think this wasn't all entirely planned. When they started jabbing the tanks were very laid back about evidence. In some cases they just emailed the jab card artwork to the jabbing centre and left them to print them off. And if you got jabbed at some random event almost no records were kept. They can't really prove anything.

That is interesting. Many of the States are not cooperating so they're not going to pull together a US-wide system. A US passport is a privilege once more. 

1 hour ago, Volcanic said:

One of my bucket list is seeing the Aurora Borealis. At the moment no appetite for jumping through the hoops at airports which were bad enough before.

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/landscapes-nature/northern-lights/

They are often observed in Scotland, infrequently in my area, Dumfries & Galloway but I’ve seen impressive pics from my area over the years and stunning ones from the highlands coastal areas.

To observe the phenomenon in Scotland though it would require constant vigilance and being able to get to possible viewing areas quickly. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Wight Flight
On 06/09/2021 at 08:10, Wight Flight said:

Mrs Flight just heard an advert for Disneyland Florida deals in November.

What do they know that we don't?

I think my question has been answered today.

No such thing as coincidence.

• Agree 3