DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Carry On Covid: No one is going on a nice foreign holiday again

sarahbell

Did Sweden have the right idea?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Generation Game
6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

All part of the WEF Plan - too many common people go skiing and two few nice places to ski.

Commoners should really be kept in the Cities and on Farms, just like in the good old days before the 1960's.

Except for Davos, which we can turn into the next Magaluf. 

WorkingPoor
Really hurt me, baby, really cut me, baby
How can you have a day without a night?
You're the book that I have opened
And now I've got to know much more

Like a soul without a mind
In a body without a heart
I'm missing every part
He he-hey, he he-hey, he he-hey, ay, ay
Aye, aye, aye, aye xD

Nearly £2bn wiped off travel shares as Austria orders lockdown

Fears of restrictions in other European countries this winter knock airlines

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2021/nov/19/more-than-3bn-wiped-off-travel-shares-as-austria-orders-lockdown

Almost £2bn was wiped off the value of UK airlines and travel-related companies on Friday as Austria’s decision to order a national lockdown stoked fears of the introduction of new pandemic restrictions across Europe. 

The potential for restrictive measures to be introduced in other European countries – there is a similar Covid resurgence in Germany – led to a sharp sell off UK-listed companies in the travel sector.

Businesses affected by negative investor sentiment on Friday also included the airlines easyJet, Ryanair, Lufthansa and Wizz Air, as well as the package holiday firm Tui and cruise operator Carnival. 

• Informative 1

unregistered_guest
On 19/11/2021 at 22:35, WorkingPoor said:

There simply cannot be any travel from europe into the uk this winter, 

Challenge accepted!

Will let you all know how I get on, and whether I end up buying a dinghy and a tin of boot polish...

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2

Some more trainspotting anecdotes, Vienna this time.

Here are some moves from wandering around Vienna waiting for the result of a PCR test to come through - a requirement because a railtour tomorrow (Sunday) was decided to fall under the Vienna rules for events with more than 25 participants.

_._,_._,_
I thought I'd take an early dinner as it was a Saturday & I didn't have a reservation. It turned out that everyone in Vienna was trying to get a last dinner out before the lockdown starts on Monday. The restaurant I went to was full at 6pm! I got the last table and had to share that with a couple of students who came later.

The tour is only a few hours and I then have a +6 hours for my flight out of the country before the lockdown.

WorkingPoor

Delays for cruise ship Magnifica in Southampton following PCR tests

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19733173.delays-cruise-ship-magnifica-southampton-following-pcr-tests/

HOLIDAY-makers have accused a cruise company of "not knowing what they're doing" after their cruise was delayed last week following a PCR tests misunderstanding.

Guests set to board the MSC Magnifica from Southampton on Tuesday, November 16 faced a day of disruption after many did not arrive with a negative PCR test.

Some guests claimed they were not informed that a negative PCR test was needed to board the ship, while MSC state that all guests were contacted prior to departure.

Graham Mortlock, 70 , travelled to Horizon Cruise Terminal with his wife Diane, 78, from Eastbourne for their cruise, but faced delays upon arrival.

Speaking on Tuesday evening, Graham said: "It has just been unbelievable. They said everyone needed a PCR test but they didn’t let us know and there are about 200 people without one.

"Eventually we were told to have a test done at a clinic which we paid £39 for. Some people were obviously informed about this, but our agent from Igloo knows nothing about it.

"We have been here since 11 o’clock this morning, and there was nearly a riot. A police presence later arrived because people were so agitated.

"MSC just don’t know what they’re doing. People have stayed overnight and come from all over for this cruise."

Guests were able to board the ship once proof of a negative PCR test was obtained.

Following this incident, MSC has decided to "further re-enforce" their communications both on the website and with the customer directly.

A spokesperson from the cruise company said: "On Tuesday morning a handful of passengers arrived at the terminal in Southampton to board MSC Magnifica without the negative PCR test required to join the ship.

"All information about what test or certification is required to join our ships in destinations across the world can be found on our website. In addition guests are contacted before departure with a reminder of these requirements.

"In order to ensure this is prevented for the further 21 departures of the ship from Southampton to Northern Europe this winter we have taken the decision to further re-enforce our communications both on our website and with the customer directly."

Phoenix Nights3 hrs ago

User ID: 3745798

9Nearly a riot ? And they say a cruise is so relaxing. Who would want to be stuck with this bunch on a boat?
Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Agree 1

WorkingPoor

^ i’ve heard locally that this crowd are currently kicking off in Belgium as the belgian authorites are demanding Passenger locator forms from them in order to go ashore.

Belgium has just put a load of lockdown measures in and doesn’t want a ship full of entitled boomer scummer’s pouring into the towns and markets.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 4

4 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

^ i’ve heard locally that this crowd are currently kicking off in Belgium as the belgian authorites are demanding Passenger locator forms from them in order to go ashore.

Belgium has just put a load of lockdown measures in and doesn’t want a ship full of entitled boomer scummer’s pouring into the towns and markets.

Sounds a nice relaxing break. Rotterdam next then Germany? :Beer:

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

unregistered_guest
1 hour ago, Don Coglione said:

Austria!

A cruise from Southampton to Austria would indeed be something to behold.

Geographically possible, I guess - sneak up the Danube and meander your way across half of Eastern Europe - but certainly not a "round the bay and back in time for tea" undertaking!

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

Don Coglione
2 hours ago, unregistered_guest said:

A cruise from Southampton to Austria would indeed be something to behold.

Geographically possible, I guess - sneak up the Danube and meander your way across half of Eastern Europe - but certainly not a "round the bay and back in time for tea" undertaking!

Well, quite...

7 hours ago, Stuey said:

Sounds a nice relaxing break. Rotterdam next then Germany? :Beer:

My mate is going to Amsterdam on Saturday.

• Lol 1

stop_the_craziness

Weird timing for this article.

Perhaps Covid really is going to be all over in March 2022, as per operation rampdown.

Or maybe it's just another "hold on tight, there will be jam tomorrow" story.  Strange.

No10 will consider scrapping Covid tests for ALL travellers in January | Daily Mail Online

Rollseyes
9 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Weird timing for this article.

Perhaps Covid really is going to be all over in March 2022, as per operation rampdown.

Or maybe it's just another "hold on tight, there will be jam tomorrow" story.  Strange.

No10 will consider scrapping Covid tests for ALL travellers in January | Daily Mail Online

Entirely possible but you will probably  need to show your vaxx pass. The pure bloods may well be stuck.

Been easy to circumvent the rules so far with Hackn trace and PDF editors, but we may need to up our game to keep ahead of the cunts. 

• Agree 2

Hail the Tripod
43 minutes ago, eight said:

What are "covid like" symptoms?

A cold. Or even just a headache.

• Agree 2

Why bother shutting down flights? It will get everywhere. Also based on the description of this variant coming from a lone individual chances are there be a new dominant strain around every corner. 

• Informative 1

Wight Flight
5 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Why bother shutting down flights? It will get everywhere. Also based on the description of this variant coming from a lone individual chances are there be a new dominant strain around every corner. 

Because the polling told them that is what people want.

That's how we're governed now.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1