DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Carry On Covid: No one is going on a nice foreign holiday again

sarahbell

Did Sweden have the right idea?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WorkingPoor
4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I’d be more concerned about or govt suddenly spazzing out and changing the rules while I was on my holidays, making it a nightmare to get back.

I’m not desperate enough to get away to take on that risk / hassle. I appreciate it won’t bother some folk.

Or.....the foreign government in your destination spazzes out and slaps a quarantine on your resort area / city, then you gotta stay there indeffinatley 

• Agree 4

Austin Allegro
59 minutes ago, eight said:

The thing that I can't fathom is that the numbers and indeed the virus itself just aren't that scary.

If you haven't read it already I suggest Mackay's Extraordinary Popular Delusion and the Madness of Crowds. (1841). It's all happened before.  The only good thing is that eventually most mass hysterias do pass.

Part of the problem is that most people just don't understand risk. A classic example is cycling helmets. Statistically you are more likely to receive a fatal head injury while driving a car, but a car is perceived as 'safe' and cycling as 'dangerous'.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

14 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

How's the quarantine going? :D 

Not happening - do you think I'm some patsy going to do what this useless government tells me ? xD

Got a home test kit already delivered anyway just for a laugh. Will get results back on Monday. 

13 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I’d be more concerned about or govt suddenly spazzing out and changing the rules while I was on my holidays, making it a nightmare to get back.

I’m not desperate enough to get away to take on that risk / hassle. I appreciate it won’t bother some folk.

Possibly but life is one of risk fuck it. :D

Flight out here just exiting my plane and fairly busy. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Or.....the foreign government in your destination spazzes out and slaps a quarantine on your resort area / city, then you gotta stay there indeffinatley 

Exactly.

It's all bollocks like, Belfast city centre streets bars and cafe's seem even more crowded than they were before the lockdown. Hen do's are back on those horrible cycle-bar things where 8 of them sit right up close to each other and shriek, sing and generally act like total cunts whist ruining what little ambiance the city has (see below).

Today I passed a crowd of what looked like about 30 fifteen year old kids playing gay tunes (YMCA ect...) and 'protesting'/celebrating gay pride, while 50 feet away a preacher with a P.A. was screeching at everyone telling them they were going to hell. I should have taken a video of it actually you had to see it to believe it. Absolute fucking chaos.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

WorkingPoor
6 minutes ago, ccc said:

Not happening - do you think I'm some patsy going to do what this useless government tells me ? xD

Well you gotta fill in the Locator form or accept a £100 fine

Be interesting to know the procedure in the arrivals hall  

Edited by WorkingPoor

3 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Well you gotta fill in the Locator form or accept a £100 fine

Be interesting to know the procedure in the arrivals hall  

Done it online. Think you just need to flash it. I shall report back !

37 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Exactly.

It's all bollocks like, Belfast city centre streets bars and cafe's seem even more crowded than they were before the lockdown. Hen do's are back on those horrible cycle-bar things where 8 of them sit right up close to each other and shriek, sing and generally act like total cunts whist ruining what little ambiance the city has (see below).

Today I passed a crowd of what looked like about 30 fifteen year old kids playing gay tunes (YMCA ect...) and 'protesting'/celebrating gay pride, while 50 feet away a preacher with a P.A. was screeching at everyone telling them they were going to hell. I should have taken a video of it actually you had to see it to believe it. Absolute fucking chaos.

I'd spill my pint. 

4 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

Thank you.

So went through passport control - said we have all 4 on phone - burd says ach just show me the one and that's fine. My burd held up phone for half a second - aye that's fine. See ya later. 

So could have actually probably not even done one and would have been fine. 

Quickest arrival ever through Edinburgh. 

Back in my house less than 30 minutes after plan landed. 

There are the odd advantages to this nonsense. 

From the details you provide it seems they likely call you or text you than knock on your door. 

Test kits here already so will get them away and results by Tuesday.

Sorry to disappoint no great hassles so far in fact many things better than the same trip at a "normal" time. :D

• Agree 1

The Generation Game
13 minutes ago, ccc said:

So went through passport control - said we have all 4 on phone - burd says ach just show me the one and that's fine. My burd held up phone for half a second - aye that's fine. See ya later. 

So could have actually probably not even done one and would have been fine. 

Quickest arrival ever through Edinburgh. 

Back in my house less than 30 minutes after plan landed. 

There are the odd advantages to this nonsense. 

From the details you provide it seems they likely call you or text you than knock on your door. 

Test kits here already so will get them away and results by Tuesday.

Sorry to disappoint no great hassles so far in fact many things better than the same trip at a "normal" time. :D

So where are you flying off to on Wednesday? :Jumping:

4 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

So where are you flying off to on Wednesday? :Jumping:

Dundee !!

Back to Spain end of this month but who knows. Then Bucharest September. 

• Informative 1

This current situation is surreal to me to read about, given that there are essentially no lifestyle choices that I am interested that are closed here (last night I went to 5 bars during my night out and went to a nice lunch party in the Kopang Spue “mountains” earlier in the day). That being said, I have long since had (10-years plus) a recurring nightmare about being stuck abroad, i.e. away from Cambodia, due to some bizarre crisis. It was one of the reasons I would avoid foreign travel as much as possible, along with a general dislike of travel nowadays.

This transition from hallucination to reality is an odd feeling to the point whether I wonder if it all is actually an extended dream, but this time where I didn’t get stuck the wrong side of a closed border.

For many, discoveries have been made that the world is a very big place without aeroplanes.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

WorkingPoor

Well i did say scotland would probably pass off smoothy and that the London bound scummers would cop it...........

'We want more staff': Fury at Heathrow as hundreds of chanting passengers are forced to pack into huge queues with no social distancing at border control manned by just three people checking passports by hand 

6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Time will tell now on the Track N Trace,

There's nothing going on my phone, that it didn't come with. It's a phone, and I leave it home, so I can't answer it when I'm out.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Kilham said:

I assume not all crowded foreign destinations will be off the list though?.

spacer.png

I still don't know why someone hasn't blown that up.  Islams made plenty of enemies.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I still don't know why someone hasn't blown that up.  Islams made plenty of enemies.

It's very restricted this year. Don't confuse Islam with political nutters.

23 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I met a filthy maniac,
Married to his cuz.
He told me that where came from
It's what a fella does.
I wasn't fucking having it
And so I called the fuzz,
And found meself in the chokey
For criticising Muz.

© Dexy on breitbart xD

• Lol 2

16 hours ago, onlyme said:

Yes, ferries have been running all the time through lockdown, freight traffic and the odd private passenger / car.

Irish ferries still operating too bringing vast amounts of that pandemic essential garden compost. 

Unfortunately so many ferry routes are closed to cars now. They go to all sorts of places from Immingham but no cars. Would guess Santander has been going right through but I seem to recall it deliberately prices to drive passenger cars elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, MrPin said:

You're right.

80 million dead in India by muslim invaders 600-1700 AD.  Only the small percentage of nutters did it.

Just now, wherebee said:

You're right.

80 million dead in India by muslim invaders 600-1700 AD.  Only the small percentage of nutters did it.

Bit before my time.

• Lol 1

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Bit before my time.

well, if I'm to blame as a whitey for the slave trade and the empire, boo hiss, repatriations, then all muslims are responsible for those 80 million murders.

• Agree 5