DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Films, programmes, adverts etc that are NOT 'woke'.

Any suggestions from the last year or so?

The other day I saw an advert for Mr Kipling's cakes about a brother and sister in what appeared to be a fairly normal white middle class family gathering of type that used to be the norm on tellie. It quite surprised me because it didn't seem to have any mixed race people in it and nobody was obese, headscarved, tattooed etc.

The last year I have started to watch hunting channels on You Tube.

Something about it.

It not just did not interest me years ago..I wouldnt tolerate it.

About as unwoke as you get.

Surprised they still get a pass.

Something changed and I dont know what.

Just something primordial.

Edited by The Grey Man

Speaking with my folks this evening, it sounds like Boris has a new slogan:

(Jazz) Hands

(Black) Face

(Safe) Space

Actually it might have been:

(Talk to the) Hands

(Not to the) Face

(Get out of my) Space. 

In the local news here, I keep reading stories about evil black men. The bizarre thing is that the men in the pictures / videos don't even look like Roma. Maybe something is lost in the English translation?

Examples below (cerny means black):

https://brnensky.denik.cz/zlociny-a-soudy/nejznamejsi-cerny-pasazer-v-brne-dopaden-zaplati-skodu-na-aute-co-ho-srazilo-20200721.html

https://brnensky.denik.cz/zlociny-a-soudy/cerny-pasazer-v-brne-napadl-revizorku-pak-ji-okradl-a-utekl-hleda-ho-policie-20200727.html

9 hours ago, Libspero said:

Beat me to the punch..  

Not seen any adverts for years.  Are there still people who watch terrestrial TV ?! O.o

Not much these days but I do like Salvage Hunters, American Pickers etc. BBC4 has some good documentaries as well.

And then of course there is BLAZE TV.

12 hours ago, Melchett said:

In a similar vein, could try The Sweeney, The Professionals etc?

I'm fascinated by these as I knew the areas in the programs at that time. However they are still fiction.

On 01/08/2020 at 21:17, Melchett said:

Life On Mars.... because I keep thinking the old ways of policing were much better than DI Self Righteous Tyler.

In a similar vein, could try The Sweeney, The Professionals etc?

Endeavour (Young Inspector Morse) is quite good in that it doesn't try to preach about old methods of policing. Morse represents the newer type of policeman but in one episode when he tries to interfere in a punishment beating of a known paedo, he is told in no uncertain terms to keep his nose out by his superior, who we are very much meant to look up to.

On 05/08/2020 at 21:08, Austin Allegro said:

Endeavour (Young Inspector Morse) is quite good in that it doesn't try to preach about old methods of policing. Morse represents the newer type of policeman but in one episode when he tries to interfere in a punishment beating of a known paedo, he is told in no uncertain terms to keep his nose out by his superior, who we are very much meant to look up to.

Endeavour is right on central.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

Endeavour is right on central.

I don't think it's that bad. Inspector Thursday is very much an old school copper as is Superintendent Bright who was in the Indian Police or somesuch colonial service. They did try to shoehorn in a woman (WPC Trewlove) but she was (mostly) shown only in the roles that would have been appropriate for the time.

I agree the last series has started to stray a bit though, eg there have been a few too many storylines about racism and Enoch Powell etc.

While we're on the subject, here's a snap of the lovely Miss Dakota Blue Richards who plays WPC Trewlove.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ab/06/d0/ab06d03cd7ba7880df37d93c27afeadd.jpg

Edited by Austin Allegro