DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Time for Southern England to gain independence!

With C-19 ravaging the North, and hundreds of billions of Southern taxpayers’ money being promised to bring Northern towns and cities into the 21st century, I would like to suggest it is time to ‘consciously decouple’. 

I can’t see any downside, but happy to have debate. 

Edited by SomersetMatt
12 minutes ago, SomersetMatt said:

With C-19 ravaging the North, and hundreds of billions of Southern taxpayers’ money being promised to bring Northern towns and cities into the 21st century, I would like to suggest it is time to ‘consciously decouple’. 

See map for suggested border. I can’t see any downside, but happy to have debate. 

I think you'll find the jettison the straw sucking, dungaree wearing, cider drinking, tractor drivers as well.:P

You think the south west is a net contributor?

9 minutes ago, SomersetMatt said:

See map for suggested border. I can’t see any downside, but happy to have debate. 

Just have the Swiss democratic model, with a new administrative capital created outside London somewhere central-ish, and everyone will have all the independence and local power/influence they want. Even Krankie and the Welshies would be happy, though I daresay they’d still find something to whine about. 

Just now, GBDamo said:

I think you'll find the jettison the straw sucking, dungaree wearing, cider drinking, tractor drivers as well.:P

You think the south west is a net contributor?

Not a net contributor, but every new country needs a beautiful area for people to relax in and for a burgeoning tourist industry. 😊

3 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Just have the Swiss democratic model, with a new administrative capital created outside London somewhere central-ish, and everyone will have all the independence and local power/influence they want. Even Krankie and the Welshies would be happy, though I daresay they’d still find something to whine about. 

Somewhere central-ish.... Leicester? 

1 minute ago, SomersetMatt said:

Not a net contributor, but every new country needs a beautiful area for people to relax in and for a burgeoning tourist industry. 😊

There are hundreds of miles from Brighton to East Anglia, don't think they need the fiscal drag that is the South West.

5 minutes ago, SomersetMatt said:

South East far too crowded - definitely need the lebensraum that the SW provides... 

Stop it you're embarrassing yourself now.

The South West, whilst beautiful, is on a par with Sheepshagland and Porridgewogland when it comes to being a benefits vacuum, you're definitely getting the heave ho.

Most of the rest of Godsowncountry hold their own financially and will cope quite nicely thank you if separated from the financial poncery of Londonistan.

But, you know me, I'm not one to generalise.:D

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

There used to be a line in Geography drawn from the Bristol Channel to the Wash (extent of glaciation), I think that should do it.

Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehen, Arrivederci.

Danelaw?

1 hour ago, SomersetMatt said:

I can’t see any downside, but happy to have debate. 

I would expect Luton n Slough n Reading to start ramping up.

8 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I would expect Luton n Slough n Reading to start ramping up.

I propose a line stretching from Welsh border at approximately Hereford and running across to include Warwick, Norfolk and Cambridge, but running south of Birmingham and Leicester. Northampton, ironically, will probably just get in by default. 

1 minute ago, SomersetMatt said:

I propose a line stretching from Welsh border at approximately Hereford and running across to include Warwick, Norfolk and Cambridge, but running south of Birmingham and Leicester. Northampton, ironically, will probably just get in by default. 

Bugger you mate, that's South of me.xD:o

Just now, spunko said:

Id rather England separated from London, that festering urban corpuscle, and London would become its own city state like Vatican City.

It could then be sealed off...

Dig it out and make a big inland lake.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Bugger you mate, that's South of me.xD:o

Happy to have a debate on, what would historically be called, the MrPin/SomersetMatt line. 

If someone could post a map with proposed border, that would be great - I don’t have technical ability! 😂

Edited by SomersetMatt
2 minutes ago, SomersetMatt said:

Happy to have a debate on, what would historically be called, the MrPin/SomersetMatt line. 

If someone could post a map with proposed border, that would be great - I don’t have technical ability! 😂

I was in Somerset but now I am not.

2 minutes ago, SomersetMatt said:

Happy to have people with certain skills apply for residency - we’re going to operate a points based system. Ex Southerners get extra points. 

i'd like to go back, but I think it won't happen.

1 hour ago, SomersetMatt said:

Somewhere central-ish.... Leicester? 

1 hour ago, JackieO said:

:o

I said a new city, not to make scumland the capital. Like Adelaide, Brasilia and Berne, the capital not to be the biggest and most important city economically. Kills 2 birds with one stone, creating a lot of needed housing and infrastructure to make the existing population more comfortable. (No more net immigration permitted)

Mind you, fuck knows what would happen to Londonistan if it wasn't the capital any more. 

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I thought that was the intention for Milton Keynes.