DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Melanin Migration

"While some African Americans recently relocated because they see Africa as a safe haven from racism, others say they moved for their children."

These people are amazingly stupid.  Like, really, really stupid to believe that.  Africa has had, in living memory, a genocide caused by racism.  Weekly in SA and other African countries, race riots result in dead people.

Still, maybe the average IQ of the USA goes up each time one of these ones leaves.

7 minutes ago, wherebee said:

"While some African Americans recently relocated because they see Africa as a safe haven from racism, others say they moved for their children."

These people are amazingly stupid.  Like, really, really stupid to believe that.  Africa has had, in living memory, a genocide caused by racism.  Weekly in SA and other African countries, race riots result in dead people.

Still, maybe the average IQ of the USA goes up each time one of these ones leaves.

So are you saying that things like that movie with the black superheroes living in a black African Utopia might have misrepresented the truth a bit? Im shocked, shocked I tell you.

Sounds like a nice thing to do.  I think we'd all like to move to a place where we can improve our standards of living without a cost (or, with a manageable quid pro quo).

And that's the thing.  Racism certainly does exist, but most of the problems put down to racism are actually an issue with cash; people with the money are more likely to have a good time, and poor people don't have money.

So, these people have taken their middle-class (probably) existence in the USA, realised that their earning potential is 'global' rather than 'local' and decided to live somewhere cheaper.  Note that this won't work for everyone -- a brickie moving to Durban isn't going to automatically have a good time...

A couple of points that made me think:

• The lady in Tanzania is an 'entrepreneur' -- I don't know what one of these is.  I think it is a made up word that people like to use when they're not actually that successful at running their business.  Normal business-folk aren't entrepreneurs, but successful business owners.
  • That lady in Tanzania, again.  Nice house.  I reckon she's likely to have a housemaid/cook and at least a cleaner.  And they'll be black (it is Africa, after all).  I presume that this is okay, because she's black, whereas if a white person went to live in Dar es Salaam automatically having a black housemaid would be exploitation of the local population.
  • The only difference between these black-Americans moving to Africa and white Americans moving to Africa is the colour of their skin.  I suppose this might make it 'easier' to blend in down the local market (before they start talking, anyway), but that's it.  They're not automatically 'better' to be living in Africa because their ancestors hundreds of years ago (were forced by slavers to) move thousands of miles, compared with a white person living in Africa whose ancestors were (forced by fierce economic circumstances) to move thousands of miles.
  • Why does the BBC seem to think I need to know about people from a different country moving to a different country?

Edited by dgul
Just now, snaga said:

they don't live like Africans in Africa, they live like American in Africa and have very privileged lives by African standards. This makes then grade 1 hypocrites and colonialists.

They actually live like slave masters.

Until their money runs out.

In which case theyll be in the next van to London ...

26 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Never mind quoting the story.
Have you seen the photos?

image.thumb.png.b0b9b6b202feb2ab9970de3c9e21a528.png

1 hour ago, snaga said:

they don't live like Africans in Africa, they live like Americans in Africa and have very privileged lives by African standards. This makes then grade 1 hypocrites and colonialists.

As the history of Liberia proved.

Anyway worth noting  all moved to parts of Africa where English is one of the official languages rather than the French or Portuguese speaking bits.

Edited by Virgil Caine
47 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

As the history of Liberia proved.

Anyway worth noting  all moved to parts of Africa where English is one of the official languages rather than the French or Portuguese speaking bits.

Because whatever the colour of their skin, they’re pig ignorant Americans bordering on incapable of learning a new language. The stunning, disgusting hypocrisy of the article makes me want to puke. I wonder what their African servants really think of them. 

Tbh I have no special objection to what they’re doing, maybe they will live better that way, it’s the repellent race-based hypocrisy of their justification of it that sticks in the throat. 

29 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Because whatever the colour of their skin, they’re pig ignorant Americans bordering on incapable of learning a new language. The stunning, disgusting hypocrisy of the article makes me want to puke. I wonder what their African servants really think of them. 

Tbh I have no special objection to what they’re doing, maybe they will live better that way, it’s the repellent race-based hypocrisy of their justification of it that sticks in the throat. 

Nah they are mucking in, lifting Africa up.

How in fuck Africa survived without a self publishing Amazon ebook author, a youtuber and whatever Brian Wheeler does. Im guessing its not going to be very practical.

Id suggest the first thing they do is establish a racial equality commission, to ensure they get fair treatment ....

4 hours ago, snaga said:

they don't live like Africans in Africa, they live like Americans in Africa and have very privileged lives by African standards. This makes then grade 1 hypocrites and colonialists.

Similar is occuring in Kashmir and Mirpur. The believe they are rewinding the diaspora but live like just British Colonials did behind gates and walls, but the houses are typically less tasteful.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/1504791/British-Pakistanis-bring-fish-and-chips-to-Kashmirs-Beverly-Hills.html

news-graphics-2005-_607176a.jpg

8 hours ago, spygirl said:

On the one hand, there's some real guff there, on the other there are the DOSBODS favourite themes of working less and staying away from authority. I think all of them mention they can get by with less effort, which maybe tells you something about economic differences between African countries and the US. 

35 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

It reminds me of the Somali woman that left the US to go to her "homeland" to help to improve the country ,they killed her for being American

It's the Nikes, and Nikon camera.