DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Looking for suggestions here - I've been using Brave browser for a while now since - I think - @The Masked Tulip recommended it. Works great and I highly recommend.

I've just checked and I've got around $10 of BAT.

Does anyone tip with BAT at the moment, and, if so, are there any of our usual information sources/content creators that are verified to receive?

@spunko have you ever looked into getting Dosbods set up for tips?

It's an interesting eco system and I'd like to support it by moving my tokens around.

6 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

Looking for suggestions here - I've been using Brave browser for a while now since - I think - @The Masked Tulip recommended it. Works great and I highly recommend.

Does anyone tip with BAT at the moment, and, if so, are there any of our usual information sources/content creators that are verified to receive?

It's an interesting eco system and I'd like to support it by moving my tokens around.

I have never signed up to anything with Brave so do not make anything from browsing via it - I assume. Interesting to hear your experience though.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

I have never signed up to anything with Brave so do not make anything from browsing via it - I assume. Interesting to hear your experience though.

You do use it though, don't you? Or have I misremembered the recommendation? Tbh I didn't realise at first I was collecting anything from it! It was just faster browsing and less cluttered.

The BAT tokens are payment for the 'notification' style adverts which flash onto the top of my phone screen for a couple of seconds - from my browser settings I see I get 5 of these an hour.  Adverts are mainly for crypto.

1 minute ago, Heart's Ease said:

You do use it though, don't you? Or have I misremembered the recommendation? Tbh I didn't realise at first I was collecting anything from it! It was just faster browsing and less cluttered.

The BAT tokens are payment for the 'notification' style adverts which flash onto the top of my phone screen for a couple of seconds - from my browser settings I see I get 5 of these an hour.  Adverts are mainly for crypto.

I use the browser but I have never signed up to the Rewards scheme with my name and personal details. 

Posted (edited)

Once rewards are activated there's a couple of options by the looks of it:

- using the app on phone/downloading onto laptop  which does not require sign up but you are in the Playstore/Chrome system - which knows some personal details from original registration;

- having your wallet verified so you can withdraw the token to binance to exchange for crypto/fiat so need to sign up with personal details.

I'm in first category.  WLTM agreeable content creators in the second category!

Edited by Heart's Ease
Clarity
5 hours ago, Heart's Ease said:

I signed up for it set it all up, but never earnt any money over the time i used it. I probablky should use it, but im back to google chrome again. What sites are you browing to get the rewards, or dont you want to say :Jumping:

18 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I signed up for it set it all up, but never earnt any money over the time i used it. I probablky should use it, but im back to google chrome again. What sites are you browing to get the rewards, or dont you want to say :Jumping:

I get 5 ads an hour no matter what I browse.  Phone on most of the day doing something.  And, mainly Dosbods, Delia Smith recipes and Charles Dowding no dig plus Bitchute/YouTube usual suspects autoplays.

All wholesome stuff.  

Have you checked to see if you have redeemed past Rewards?  Stumbling on that is how I found I have 39 BATs.

16 hours ago, Heart's Ease said:

I get 5 ads an hour no matter what I browse.  Phone on most of the day doing something.  And, mainly Dosbods, Delia Smith recipes and Charles Dowding no dig plus Bitchute/YouTube usual suspects autoplays.

All wholesome stuff.  

Have you checked to see if you have redeemed past Rewards?  Stumbling on that is how I found I have 39 BATs.

OK i logged on today, and i have some BA, 0.5 BAT : )

I guess you must get it later. TBH to me it looks exactly the same as chrome. Ive imported my book marks, ive now changed over to Brave.

I like the fact you can see all the crap a website is trying to send you. Dosbods seems the best, 0,0,0,0. The onine papers the worst... 

The guilty pleasure of MailOnline becomes a dream!

I used to use Firefox because that was the only way my work VPN worked, plus property bee, but yep thumbs up for Brave. I guess it's because it's a Chrome extension that the transition of bookmarks is so smooth?

I'll be interested to hear how many BAT you get by the end of the month 😁

1 minute ago, Heart's Ease said:

The guilty pleasure of MailOnline becomes a dream!

I used to use Firefox because that was the only way my work VPN worked, plus property bee, but yep thumbs up for Brave. I guess it's because it's a Chrome extension that the transition of bookmarks is so smooth?

I'll be interested to hear how many BAT you get by the end of the month 😁

Ill probably swop all the households users accounts over, and x4 our brave rewards :)

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Ill probably swop all the households users accounts over, and x4 our brave rewards :)

😁 These 39 BAT are burning a hole in my pocket!  Its clearly a sign from the Universe I need to set up a YouTube channel.

Edited by Heart's Ease
34 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

😁 These 39 BAT are burning a hole in my pocket!  Its clearly a sign from the Universe I need to set up a YouTube channel.

Im guessing the ads are the pop ups in the lower right corner. TBJ they arent too bad, i think i can also leave my browser open and just keep earning :) I had it set at 1 ad per hour, now upped it to the max 5 ph. :)

• 2 weeks later...