DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Australians everywhere?

4 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Well usually they'd be congregating around Southfields so maybe they're more noticeable elsewhere at the moment?

They used to congregate on the Southbank somewhere near Waterloo, where they would swap camper vans, and brag about their "walkabout" adventures to Swindon and back.

Just now, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Dunno but all the wimps are in Oz begging for stricter lockdowns. What happened to their muscular can-do rough talking image?

It's as you say an "image" Crocodile Dundee, etc.

Last time I knew Ozzies in the UK was about 10 years back.

They were told they had to leave despite the wife being a uni lecturer, something about not having the proper visa.

They were lefties we met at a local toddler group, ironically replaced by by any fucker from Europe.

1 minute ago, JackieO said:

Last time I knew Ozzies in the UK was about 10 years back.

They were told they had to leave despite the wife being a uni lecturer, something about not having the proper visa.

They were lefties we met at a local toddler group, ironically replaced by by any fucker from Europe.

Sounds reasonable to me.

6 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

They occasionally swarm in large numbers. Try engaging with them on the topic of culture and they’ll very quickly disperse.

I seem to remember from the Barry McKenzie film the character visits a library  in London where the section on Australian culture has a single book, The Poisonous Toads of New South Wales.

You won't be seeing any Australians who weren't in the UK before April.  No ability to leave Australia without special permission from the state.  Yup, we are a prison again.

Maybe they are congregating somewhere where your totty is?  I have it on good authority the last 25 fit british girls all prefer it down under.

11 hours ago, spygirl said:

They must be ahead of a massive recession in Oz.

Last time loads came over was early 90s which was when Oz last had a recession.

Expect Oz economic figures to be dreadful.

Yes, back then I was working with Ozzies, and Kiwis. I don't know how difficult it was for them to get a work visa.

1 minute ago, Calcutta said:

Working holidays and migration back and forth used to be a lot more common. For the last few years we've be orverun by EE and they've been swamped with Chinese. Hopefully after Brexit & Covid we can get back shipping our kids off to Sydney when they're 20 and only communicating via a weekly email. 

I think FOM between Oz, NZ, Canada and the UK would work very well.

I reckon it would even itself out fairly well.

Just like the EU prior to inviting in all the Eastern bloc. 

1 minute ago, ccc said:

I think FOM between Oz, NZ, Canada and the UK would work very well.

I reckon it would even itself out fairly well.

Just like the EU prior to inviting in all the Eastern bloc. 

Yes, I know a few people who exported themselves to Oz. It was easy in the 80s. People that went more recently were filling forms for two years.

Agree the EU shouldn't have gobbled up the East. It's where it went wrong.

14 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Can we just rule out the bleeding obvious first..... you're not currently in Australia are you? 

I am and I can confirm the opposite, there are still no Australians in Perth. Only me, some Yorkshiremen and the Oirish oh and about a million dugites in spring

Edited by Sugarlips