DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Theoretical Physicists Say 90% Chance of Societal Collapse Within Several Decades

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

Did they announce it on a sandwich board?   xD

One of the things I miss in life is the guy who used to walk down Oxford Street with the 'end of the world' sandwich boards.  I had a chat with him once -- seemed as sane as anyone else.  I did hear sometime that he'd died --  I presume that he got to Heaven with his dedication to evangelism.

I posted this interview between Aussie journalist John Anderson and US historian Victor Hanson Davies on another thread this morning. Hanson certainly fears that US society is breaking down and Year Zero or a second US Civil War is on the cards for the US.

If he is correct then it has enormous rammifications for Europe, the UK and for countries like Oz and NZ which will all find themselves extremely vulnerable to the likes of China, the USSR and others as a US at war amongst itself, or breaking apart, has no interest in, or lacks the ability, to be the leader of the free world.

The US has been sold out from within. All those decades of putting up barriers against Communism and it has been destroyed from within by greedy bankers, tech billionaires and corrupt politicians. It is more complicated than that of course. Hanson has some interesting thoughts.

People in the West like to project Western values onto other ethnic groups and cultures - Africa, Islam and now the Chinese. Most Westerners are totally ignorant of the fact that lying, for example, is natural in many parts of the world. Likewise, there are many in the world - the Japanese and Chinese amongst them - who see the natural resources of the planet as there to consume. If no one else is going to consume the world'sa resources then they will. The Chinese are currently underway trying to secure as much resources as they can. Ah, you get my drift.

Anyhow, Hanson says some good things. I won't be around in a few decades. Best of luck suckers xD

Edited by The Masked Tulip
typo, found one, can't be arsed looking for more.
40 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

Can someone fact check this -

"If we continue destroying and degrading the world’s forests"

I'm sure I read that humans are now planting more trees than felling, and forested areas are in fact expanding … oh and global greening.

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I posted this interview between Aussie journalist John Anderson and US historian Victor Hanson Davies on another thread this morning. Hanson certainly fears that US society is breaking down and Year Zero or a second US Civil War is on the cards for the US.

If he is correct then it has enormous rammifications for Europe, the UK and for countries like Oz and NZ which will all find themselves extremely vulnerable to the likes of China, the USSR and others as a US at war amongst it, or breaking apart, has no interest in, or lacks the ability, to be the leader of the free world.

The US has been sold out from within. All those decades of putting up barriers against Communism and it has been destroyed from within by greedy bankers, tech billionaires and corrupt politicians. It is more complicated than that of course. Hanson has some interesting thoughts.

People in the West like to project Western values onto other ethnic groups and cultures - Africa, Islam and now the Chinese. Most Westerners are totally ignorant of the fact that lying, for example, is natural in many parts of the world. Likewise, there are many in the world - the Japanese and Chinese amongst them - who see the natural resources of the planet as there to consume. If no one else is going to consume the world'sa resources then they will. The Chinese are currently underway trying to secure as much resources as they can. Ah, you get my drift.

Anyhow, Hanson says some good things. I won't be around in a few decades. Best of luck suckers xD

It does feel like End Times. I know it always feels like End Times but it feels more like End Times than normal xD. All we need now is the alien takeover and the end will be complete and that's seems less unlikely going by the craziness and weirdness of that is reality 2020.

Just now, snaga said:

I'm sure I read that humans are now planting more trees than felling, and forested areas are in fact expanding … oh and global greening.

Where I am there are so many trees they are like weeds, used to be able to see into more bedroom windows than I can now.

4 minutes ago, snaga said:

I read somewhere that the wrong type of trees are being planted.

16 minutes ago, dgul said:

One of the things I miss in life is the guy who used to walk down Oxford Street with the 'end of the world' sandwich boards.  I had a chat with him once -- seemed as sane as anyone else.  I did hear sometime that he'd died --  I presume that he got to Heaven with his dedication to evangelism.

That was the late Stanley Green.  I assumed he was some sort of evangelist but his Wikipedia entry suggests he was agnostic.

After he died he was replaced by an extremely annoying Scouser who used to evangelise using a megaphone. I think he eventually got an ASBO.

7 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

It does feel like End Times. I know it always feels like End Times but it feels more like End Times than normal xD. All we need now is the alien takeover and the end will be complete and that's seems less unlikely going by the craziness and weirdness of that is reality 2020.

It's all happened before. Take a look at 1665/6. They had a proper 'pandemic' - thousands of healthy people cut down by bubonic plague - and then most of the world's biggest city was destroyed by fire.

52 minutes ago, snaga said:

I've always thought that the human effect on biodiversity is going to bring about serious problems.  I very much doubt a forest is replanted with even 1% of the diverse range of vegetation/trees etc it had before.  Maybe someone with better knowledge can educate me, but knowing humans like I do,  it'll not be a good job that's being done.. 

Nobody can predict the future, no matter how ‘expert’ they claim to be. They are always wrong.

Also, the deforestation claim is taken for granted. It’s wrong, deforestation is occurring in some parts of the world and reforestation in others. In all of the developed world reforestation is occurring, mostly because wood is no longer used as fuel. Higher CO2 levels are increasing vegetation growth everywhere.

Bunch of cunts.