DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Spitting Image...it is back.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be shit and you know it. 

It’ll be an SJW remoaner wankfest.

Anti conservative, anti Brexit, anti trump anti white male. BLM will get a mention, BAME and female characters (except nickerless sturgeon) will have the puppets that look like normal people. 

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It will be interesting to see who their targets are, and also whether it is funny.

Didnt they bring it back at some point before? Havent checked..sure they did and they went way too softly softly....hence the very big break.

If they really go for it...expect a big watch from.youngsters and above 45's.

The blank in the middle age group.

Edited by The Grey Man

Looking back at old clips, it was topical but not very funny for the most part.

A friend who worked in TV saw an episode being filmed. The actors/puppeteers made quite an effort to get 'in character', with the puppets preening themselves and fussing about 'makeup' and fidgeting nervously before the cameras rolled.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

That is my suspicion. I was wondering whether the original was "biased", or did I just agree with it at the time?

I think the original tried to make everyone look bad,  which left nobody unfairly treated.

Hopefully this one will be similar..  though it's hard to see what they'll manage to do with Heir Starmer..  I'm not aware he has any/much personality to satirise o.O

Just now, Libspero said:

I think the original tried to make everyone look bad,  which left nobody unfairly treated.

Hopefully this one will be similar..  though it's hard to see what they'll manage to do with Heir Starmer..  I'm not aware he has any/much personality to satirise o.O

They could make the puppet very small, like David Steele.

They will pick on the obvious "safe" politicans, aka white. 

The original run would have had a field day with Diane and her abacus but that's never going to happen. 

I'll go for:

Millibands, Hillary, Gay French leader, Frau Merkin and Corbyn from the left vs Thatcher (she has to be in it), Bozza, Trump, Gove, Rees-Mogg. 

The Royals will all be game. 

As for sports stars, Harry Kane already sounds like a puppet so he should be easy to do. Struggling for anymore. 

26 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

It will be shit and you know it. 

I know it will.

Its mainstream.

Anyone who signs up and goes for it 110 percent will just get blackballed by the Luvvie arts.

Outside chance they go for it and its a winner. Views galore with moans heard on Mars.

I wont hold my breath though.