DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

AstraZeneca to Be Exempt From Coronavirus Vaccine Liability Claims in Most Countries

How convenient...

AstraZeneca has been granted protection from future product liability claims related to its COVID-19 vaccine hopeful by most of the countries with which it has struck supply agreements, a senior executive told Reuters.

With 25 companies testing their vaccine candidates on humans and getting ready to immunise hundred millions of people once the products are shown to work, the question of who pays for any claims for damages in case of side effects has been a tricky point in supply negotiations.

"This is a unique situation where we as a company simply cannot take the risk if in ... four years the vaccine is showing side effects," Ruud Dobber, a member of Astra's senior executive team, told Reuters.

"In the contracts we have in place, we are asking for indemnification. For most countries it is acceptable to take that risk on their shoulders because it is in their national interest," he said, adding that Astra and regulators were making safety and tolerability a top priority.

Take the vaccine serf. Tough luck if it fucks you up though.

1 minute ago, eight said:

I predicted this a while back.

I thought I was joking when I did, mind.

In the US big pharma already has immunity from liability for damage from vaccines.

Most people don't know this until it's too late.

When I was out earlier in the week with some fairly normie-ish mates, I asked whether they'd be taking any vaccine that's offered.

I was expecting them to say yes and call me a tin foil hatter for saying no.

Much to my surprise, they said no.

So I think a hefty percentage of the population will want nothing to do with the vaccine.

9 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

So I think a hefty percentage of the population will want nothing to do with the vaccine.

Well I don't want a rushed one. By the time the vaccine is developed, the virus will have gone. So it will be as useful as a ticket to last year's Cup Final.

3 minutes ago, Melchett said:

And for the record, as a virologist and lifelong vaccine advocate..

I bow to your superior knowlege. I'm quite happy to have the vaccinations for diseases I know about. I used to travel a lot to some good shitholes, and I don't want polio, or yellow fever. Unfortunately I always got diarhoea. Which is still a big killer in certain places.

Edited by MrPin
26 minutes ago, JackieO said:

It’s not that difficult. It’s not based on conspiraloonery.

They might be great. They might be safe. I’ve no desire to be the one who finds out otherwise, especially as the odds are strongly in my favour that if I do get the actual bug it will be no more than a mild inconvenience to me for a few days.

It’s like everything in life, avoid being the test monkey/early adopter/unpaid field tester.

Edited by Melchett
1 minute ago, Melchett said:

It’s not that difficult. It’s not based on coniraloonery.

They might be great. They might be safe. I’ve no desire to be the one who finds out otherwise, especially as the odds are strongly in my favour that if I do get the actual bug it will be no more than a mild inconvenience to me for a few days.

It’s like everything in life, avoid being the test monkey/early adopter/unpaid field tester.

My daughter has had all her vaccines up until they tried to force the HPV one on her without my consent earlier this year.

About 5 years ago I stopped getting the flu vaccine after first my mum and then a colleague was left with nasty side effects. My mums arm went nearly entirely black with bruising. The colleague was off sick for two weeks, longest he's every been off sick in the 10 plus years I worked with him. 

Then last autumn it became mandatory for all new starters to be flu vaccinated at my NHS Trust.

All the above plus the Astra Zeneca liability article has left me very sceptical about the safety and efficacy of some vaccines.

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

The WRVS ladies don't all have flu jabs. I bet no one has ever thought to check. :)

In normal times hundreds of people not vaccinated for flu come and go in the Trust each day aka visitors and contractors.

It's a roll out thing. Start with one group expand to the next, nudging compliance as they go.

Would you have believed last year that this year the vast majority in shops would comply with wearing masks?

9 hours ago, Melchett said:

Well, this story fills me with confidence....

You do know that TPTB will make life very awkward for people without a vaccine certificate? No overseas travel is the obvious one with precedents.

And for the record, as a virologist and lifelong vaccine advocate... I will Hard-pass on any and all COVID vaccines for as long as I am able.

They thus assume that we may wish to travel abroad. Maybe in the past but now, no. It seems like all the main tourist sites are filled to the gunnels with zombie like idiots. No ta. 

10 hours ago, MrPin said:

It's a panic. It lacks due diligence. I reckon it's just a money making opportunity.

Companies supplying vaccines are in a strong negotiating position because national governments are desperate to get hold of vaccine doses. Those companies are just doing the rational thing and using their strong negotiating position to obtain favourable contract terms like protection from liability.

1 hour ago, Darude said:

Companies supplying vaccines are in a strong negotiating position because national governments are desperate to get hold of vaccine doses. Those companies are just doing the rational thing and using their strong negotiating position to obtain favourable contract terms like protection from liability.

So are you taking the jab then...?

XYY