DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

From the link....

"While people from all communities and backgrounds do give blood, fewer than 5% of our blood donors who gave blood in the last year were from black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.

This is despite black, Asian and minority ethnic communities representing around 14% of the population. We want to try and readdress this balance."

Maybe a lot of BAME cant donate due to travelling to shitholes. Or maybe they aren't community minded... However we're constantly told we need brown people for our society to work while in reality they are basically parasites.

... which suggests that the pale-complexioned racist has an excellent chance of getting his wish.

(Might as well assume his gender as well xD)

15 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

From the link....

"While people from all communities and backgrounds do give blood, fewer than 5% of our blood donors who gave blood in the last year were from black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.

This is despite black, Asian and minority ethnic communities representing around 14% of the population. We want to try and readdress this balance."

Maybe a lot of BAME cant donate due to travelling to shitholes. Or maybe they aren't community minded... However we're constantly told we need brown people for our society to work while in reality they are basically parasites.

Meant to take a picture of it and can't find it on Google, but in London there are a number of adverts on bus stops, picture of a black bloke and text is something along the lines of "people in your community need blood urgently".

Basically the subtext of the advert is, we know you don't want to give your blood to whitey but black people want it so come and give to them instead.

I've given blood all my life, I have very much used it as a blood "bank", i.e. I have made deposits and so I expect to be able to withdraw it later.

Back to the original... the text at the bottom is deeply offensive, suggesting only white people are racist, when as mentioned when it comes to helping your fellow man in the form of blood donation we are the most altruistic. Personally I've never once thought about who might or might not be getting my blood. 

21 minutes ago, gilf said:

Meant to take a picture of it and can't find it on Google, but in London there are a number of adverts on bus stops, picture of a black bloke and text is something along the lines of "people in your community need blood urgently".

Basically the subtext of the advert is, we know you don't want to give your blood to whitey but black people want it so come and give to them instead.

I've given blood all my life, I have very much used it as a blood "bank", i.e. I have made deposits and so I expect to be able to withdraw it later.

Back to the original... the text at the bottom is deeply offensive, suggesting only white people are racist, when as mentioned when it comes to helping your fellow man in the form of blood donation we are the most altruistic. Personally I've never once thought about who might or might not be getting my blood. 

Islamic Principles & Blood Transfusion

The teaching reflected above is clearly to "help people in your community" rather than "help other human beings".

Islamic law urges every Muslim to be in constant support of his brother, and even makes such support a legal requirement in many cases.  According to a Hadith (saying) by the Prophet Muhammad, (peace be upon him) “He who relieves a believer of one form of distress in this life shall be relieved by God of a greater distress on the Day of Resurrection”; and “God will help any servant of His, as long as he continues to help his brother”.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) enjoined Muslims not to abandon their fellow community members when they are faced with death or destruction: “A Muslim is a brother to every Muslim: he neither lets him down, nor does him injustice, nor gives him away”, i.e. he does not let his brother fall victim to the enemy, or to a killer disease if he can prevent it.

Endeavoring to save the lives of Muslims, by protecting them from fatal dangers, and keeping them away from what is harmful, is one of the greatest obligations to he Almighty. God says “Whoso quickened a human being, it shall be as if he had quickened all mankind”. 

The final quote suggests that there's an obligation to help humans in general, but on closer examination we find that it is addressed to the Children of Israel (though it's frequently quoted without that qualifier -- as here -- to claim a broader injunction to decent behaviour than is really there).

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

I'm assuming this is the fault of White people some how I just can't quite make the connection. This is no doubt because of my white privilege and inherent racism.

Something to do with post-colonialism and slavery which is our fault. And to black people having to go into a "white" space and get tubed up is a violation. And therefore giving blood is like having to relive the countless rapes and murders committed by long dead white people for whom we are all now directly responsible for. And if we had bothered to ask black people they would have told us to always provide jerk chicken and play grime music so as to de-colonialise the donation rooms. Which we didn't therefore we are guilty and it's worse than the holocaust.

That or BAME people are just a bit, you know, selfish. It's odd because BAME majority countries are often shining examples of selfless community altruism and shared endeavour. Hence their great economic success.

12 minutes ago, deathfunk said:

I'm assuming this is the fault of White people some how I just can't quite make the connection. This is no doubt because of my white privilege and inherent racism.

Something to do with post-colonialism and slavery which is our fault. And to black people having to go into a "white" space and get tubed up is a violation. And therefore giving blood is like having to relive the countless rapes and murders committed by long dead white people for whom we are all now directly responsible for. And if we had bothered to ask black people they would have told us to always provide jerk chicken and play grime music so as to de-colonialise the donation rooms. Which we didn't therefore we are guilty and it's worse than the holocaust.

That or BAME people are just a bit, you know, selfish. It's odd because BAME majority countries are often shining examples of selfless community altruism and shared endeavour. Hence their great economic success.

:Jumping: Splendid.

Certain races have higher rates of diabetes.

They have associated higher rates of renal dysfunction and many require a transplant.

Certain religions often dont believe in organ donors. Desecration of the body.

However the same people often take a transplant if it is close enough matching.

All those racist organ donors eh?

3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Not sure exactly why it's important..  about 50% of the population are type O.

O+ is the suitable for A&B,  O-  is the universal donor.

A few % of BAME is just noise,  surely?

A is most common, all over the world. The meme was a spoof but there was a campaign to get more varied people donating blood. I guess some societies just don't think of it. I don't think Mormons approve. A is the "original" type, some believe, going back a long way.

10 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Not sure exactly why it's important..  about 50% of the population are type O.

O+ is the suitable for A&B,  O-  is the universal donor.

A few % of BAME is just noise,  surely?

I'm O+, but I'm also a "person of left handedness".

I don't want any of that filthy right-handed shite pumping through my fucking veins...!

Left-handed lives matter...

XYY

7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

A is most common, all over the world. The meme was a spoof but there was a campaign to get more varied people donating blood. I guess some societies just don't think of it. I don't think Mormons approve. A is the "original" type, some believe, going back a long way.

Sure,  but in the UK half the population are O.

People coming in with other blood types aren't as useful as donors so why the campaign? o.O