DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I’ve just realised that only 1 actual person that I know that has actualy had one.ive got a couple of friends touring the uk in camper vans but no fucker on Facebook seems to have anything planned and the only pictures have been days out.another thing is the traditional holidays around stoke and uttoxeter have aready ended.id half expected a rush on camping holidays amongst friends but that’s not materialised either.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my experience it's normally the female in a relationship that pushes for a holiday.  A bloke, if younger, would be happy to stay at home and fuck.  If older, a bloke would be happy to stay at home

Many of my friends have been dragged into booking a week somewhere in the UK, at exorbitant cost, and filling them with expensive "days out" activities for the dubious benefit of their kids. A ge

I never understood the deal with holidays anyway. Save up for half a year for a 2 week break sitting by a pool and arguing. Maybe more people will realise this year that you don't need to do this.

Posted Images

Just now, spunko said:

I never understood the deal with holidays anyway. Save up for half a year for a 2 week break sitting by a pool and arguing. Maybe more people will realise this year that you don't need to do this.

I can't stand Rugby but if that's what gay people want to do who am I to stop them? Each to their own, and all that.

1 minute ago, spunko said:

Depends on what your idea of holiday is. I've never been on a package holiday sit by the pool type of gig.

My main holiday of the year is usually a Scuba trip or some kind of trekking/exploring type thing, sometimes both if I have the time/money. 

I usually go with people I know, and if not scuba in particular while it has some eclectic types, rarely any twats.

I'd be ready for a bottle of scotch and a revolver if I had to spend a day in a complex somewhere surrounded by Wayne and Sandra.

The scenes of crowds in places like Bournemouth makes me shiver.

One neighbour has bought a towing caravan and been off loads. Another just bought a static and is planning to be in it every weekend and then have all their family holidays there. 
Another has been to her mum's who lives by a lovely touristy lake.
My mum is in the lake district at the moment. 
Someone I know is "self isolating" after a fortnight in Portugal. 
Family up the road went to spain and had to self isolate too. They were def out mixing with people the night the armed police turned up but that's another story.

38 minutes ago, eight said:

I can't stand Rugby but if that's what gay people want to do who am I to stop them? Each to their own, and all that.

I'm not stopping them. I just wondered if they enjoyed it or are only going on holiday to play happy families and post about it on Facebook 

31 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Depends on what your idea of holiday is. I've never been on a package holiday sit by the pool type of gig.

My main holiday of the year is usually a Scuba trip or some kind of trekking/exploring type thing, sometimes both if I have the time/money. 

I usually go with people I know, and if not scuba in particular while it has some eclectic types, rarely any twats.

I'd be ready for a bottle of scotch and a revolver if I had to spend a day in a complex somewhere surrounded by Wayne and Sandra.

The scenes of crowds in places like Bournemouth makes me shiver.

Indeed. But most people's holidays are exactly of the Wayne and Sandra variety.

Edited by spunko

Just back from 2 weeks at a French holiday club near the Cote D’Azur. (a sort of poor man’s Club Med, as Club Med is steadily moving upmarket and 2 weeks in one of the cheapest for the dates we had was approx 10k Chf)

It was good - daughter loves the kid’s clubs so is happy, there are lots of exercise classes and sports of all sorts and quality, there are loads of nice places to visit in the back country of the Cote D’Azur, I swam in the sea most days and found all sorts including a surprisingly big octopus and less fortunately, a jellyfish on the last day so I have a sting. 

Anyone with a (much) more broad minded wife than mine would also be able to amuse themselves between the young ”animatrices” who work there and the various other lady guests who signal their availability (or not) for such amusements fairly clearly. It’s something of a French tradition for some. 

The evening entertainment was fairly lame and the food was edible but not good (but we had a kitchen so could make nice stuff if bothered). Missus is pleased because she lost weight, partly due to the dull food! (Club Med food is very good so it goes the other way there)

It has definitely improved the way I was feeling after 6 months working from home, we all are feeling and looking better. Pity it’s a heatwave to return to, but you can’t win them all. 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
16 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

One neighbour has bought a towing caravan and been off loads. Another just bought a static and is planning to be in it every weekend and then have all their family holidays there. 
Another has been to her mum's who lives by a lovely touristy lake.
My mum is in the lake district at the moment. 
Someone I know is "self isolating" after a fortnight in Portugal. 
Family up the road went to spain and had to self isolate too. They were def out mixing with people the night the armed police turned up but that's another story.

Yep the only reason I bought a tent this year and a trailer was so next year I can veto abroad and say wtf I bought all that kit I want my moneys worth

Currently on holiday in Croatia, booked before all this mayhem.

On a boat for the first bit, so little contact with other people, in an apartment with private pool with family for the second bit, so again, little contact with others.  Occasionally eat out, sitting outside restaurant.  Airport and plane I was uncomfortable with, but we judged the risk worthwhile.

Speaking to waiters, it seems their tourist season usually starts in April, but was zero until about July this year.  Still running at about 30-40% capacity.  Government has made some furlough payments, but with a much lower cap than ours, presumably wages are lower on the whole as well.

They've had a few years of building their businesses and investing after a quite disruptive war. 

One waiter's comment, when discussing this and the war was that some people who were rich before the war were now poor and some who were poor before the war are now rich.  I guess corruption and good luck will play their part.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Yes @WorkingPoor is referring to this idea in another thread, the one where he's getting a right slagging :D

I've taken some wonderful holidays but I'm not overly bothered if I don't get to travel for a while as I'm able to occupy myself and enjoy life at home.

The chronic traveler types I've known were mostly (misogyny incomiiiiiing) women, who loved bragging about it on social media. I know one who, when she's not in a relationship had to go on 6+ holidays a year, I think just to have something to do.

When I the 'travelling is my passion' meme on a dating profile these days it just screams 'high maintenance' to me.

I have a relative who has spent the last 10 years traveling the world on her late husband's pension and Facebook-bragging about it.

In the final years of his life as he was dying she still dragged him all over the world and he really couldn't be arsed with it all, just wanted to strum his guitar and take the dog a walk and live an easy life.

But she was always status-hungry in every way possible, so she couldn't be doing with that.

16 minutes ago, eta-carinae said:

Many of my friends have been dragged into booking a week somewhere in the UK, at exorbitant cost, and filling them with expensive "days out" activities for the dubious benefit of their kids.

A generalisation, but it's mostly the women that want to spend a month's wages on some sort of vanity trip to a pretty south western town, ignoring all the expense, the travel, the hassle or the sheer pointlessness.

Most of the men I know would be content with a week of pottering around the house or sitting in the garden with a beer.

Proper travelling, best done alone in my opinion.

The wife loves to travel but is otherwise not extravagant at all, even with the holidays she manages to eek out some amazing deals. Skipped a couple of years of anything abroad and was looking forward to Italy this year, but that got scuppered.  Serious pottering around I'd be interested in and do that anyway but doing nothing does my head in. We're all similar but not the same.

I think everyone has a different definition of holiday.

My problem is I don't want to go anywhere that is shittier than my own home, which makes it tricky to choose a trip.

I can, however, understand that if you live in a crap flat in Peckham, a crap hotel room in Albufeira might be an improvement.

The current deal with my wife is that she pays for the holidays.  We've been on some belters, but, as she's paying for them, I can't complain about the cost.

I like pottering at home, and am allowed to miss some holidays as she takes the kids and her mother, so I get a week on my own at home.

Everyone's happy.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes @WorkingPoor is referring to this idea in another thread, the one where he's getting a right slagging :D

The difference is that in the other threads, WP is trying too hard to prove that the government is planning to impose @spunko's idea of what makes a good holiday onto the entire population of the UK, by force if necessary.