DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Loss of friendships due to COVID-1984

Has there been a thread for this already? If not, here's a dedicated one.

For all those who have lost a friendship either of, or as a indirect result of, the #fakevirus.

I was talking to a mate recently who has lost a long friendship, in all likelihood, because his mate and wife are avid NHS clappers and have ditched him. You could argue they weren't ever real friends I suppose but it's still hard to take.

I have fallen out with a couple of people over it, not close friends as such; I decided not to venture further. I don't have much interest in speaking to these people now though, so maybe it has killed off any type of friendship too. It seems to be even bigger than Brexit for creating divisions.

A thread to share any such goings on.

Edited by spunko
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I am reminding myself is that this is likely going to be another Diana Syndrome. In 6 months time, there won't be anybody who can admit they clapped for the NHS or that they wore a mask into an e

I can't lose any friends because I don't have any.

That's why we are all here.

Posted Images

Fell out with a portugese friend, he was planning to circumvent the uk quarantine rules by flying into spain and crossing over the border when he goes on his annual summer vaction to see his family back home, 

He was an avid NHS clapper & once said to me "why would my prime minister lie to me" 

Last time we spoke and i mentioned the new quarantine rules on spain and that i thought people who flout the UK quarantine rules are putting our NHS workers at risk 

he claimed i was being "extremely radical" 

Not spoken since.

I guess he is smarting because he wont be going down to portugal (or spain) for the foreseeable.

Nothing to do with perceived risk, but I have a dear, old friend who has gone full SJW over this (possibly because he married someone 14 years his junior) and now we can't see eye-to-eye on anything.

When his manipulative wife fucks him over for his imminent inheritance, I will be there for him.

Poor cunt.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

What I am reminding myself is that this is likely going to be another Diana Syndrome. In 6 months time, there won't be anybody who can admit they clapped for the NHS or that they wore a mask into an empty shop because by then the real death toll will be out and we'll all look back and think 'wtf'.

With Diana there was the mass grief and media hysteria; after 6 months reality set in and we all realised she was a bit of a slag, not a saint.

Well as the dust settles, the finger pointing will be aimed at the NHS for refusing to test infected people before they sent them into care homes. That was the only reason why our figures were so bad. The whole thing would have been a blip minor, if the NHS had saved us, instead of us saving them.

1 minute ago, Democorruptcy said:

Well as the dust settles, the finger pointing will be aimed at the NHS for refusing to test infected people before they sent them into care homes. That was the only reason why our figures were so bad. The whole thing would have been a blip minor, if the NHS had saved us, instead of us saving them.

Mistakes were made.

7 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Your scary avatar that blinks every now and again has probably caused more deaths than COVID.

Turn it off you freaky bastard...

XYY

Its happened to me.

On the incline from January. Warning of the virus, possible lock down and economic issues...also booking trips abroad...beware.

From May as the at risk group more defined..the very same who moaned at me were the ones kissing the governments stance. Bloody contrarian sods.

Now put anything against this mainstream view..lose a few more..by the very same who moaned in the first place.

From May I wasn't arsed anymore.

Edited by The Grey Man