DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

More birds - happy ones

6 hours ago, wherebee said:

can I just say I fucking love Kookaburras

You like that noise? O.o

Sounds like an outing of the women from the chicken factory near where my sister used to live.

I was once unfortunate enough to be in a pub when they came in - was out of there inside 15 seconds, necked rest of drink and scooted.

6 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

Surprisingly big birds. I also like galahs - first time I saw one was when it slammed into my windscreen in the bush in WA. It was a very colourful event.

Not as colourful but my helicopter instructor landed in another trainees garden for a bit of fun and as we squeezed between the trees a pigeon flew out of one and into the rotors that resulted in pink mist and feathers.

10 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Not as colourful but my helicopter instructor landed in another trainees garden for a bit of fun and as we squeezed between the trees a pigeon flew out of one and into the rotors that resulted in pink mist and feathers.

You can fly a helicopter? Your place on Dosbods Island is safe...

Mind you running costs of helicopters aren't very Dosbodderish, and good luck to anyone trying to collect local taxes to pay for it!

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Mind you running costs of helicopters aren't very Dosbodderish, and good luck to anyone trying to collect local taxes to pay for it!

I would be able to fly one although I'm just a little bit rusty (by about 20 years 🤣). Collectively, we'd be able to afford a time expired R22 for shuttle runs and also to act as our airforce. I'm happy to double hat. Certificate of Air Worthiness won't be an issue either as we can adopt Kenya's aviation authority, make the rules up as we go along.

13 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

no, he said he had a helicopter INSTRUCTOR.

that could mean he learned to fly, or he learned how to crash.

34 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I like Bond films and last week On Her Majesty's Secret Service was on ITV. They cut out the scene where Bond is skiing down a mountain and the bad guys are chasing him. One of them gets sucked into a snow blower then you see the snow exhaust turn pink. Wouldn't have thought that would get the chop in these days of explicit violence. 

5 minutes ago, wherebee said:

no, he said he had a helicopter INSTRUCTOR.

that could mean he learned to fly, or he learned how to crash.

Completed the PPL(H). R22s demand alot of respect as they are notorious for taking the lives of low airtime pilots like myself. Especially as I dropped from one lesson a week to one hour per month as pilot in command (it's all I could realistically afford). If you're going to fly helicopters best having a sponsor or being filthy rich.

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I like Bond films and last week On Her Majesty's Secret Service was on ITV. They cut out the scene where Bond is skiing down a mountain and the bad guys are chasing him. One of them gets sucked into a snow blower then you see the snow exhaust turn pink. Wouldn't have thought that would get the chop in these days of explicit violence. 

Can't believe they've cut that scene but then... nothing escapes the clutches of the politically correct sanitzers. Perhaps this was before the watershed?

7 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

You like that noise? O.o

Sounds like an outing of the women from the chicken factory near where my sister used to live.

I was once unfortunate enough to be in a pub when they came in - was out of there inside 15 seconds, necked rest of drink and scooted.

My ma was schizo and being raised by her, I could understand the lingo a bit.

She asked me to go the shop for her because she just wasn't in the mood for the chickens.

wtf ma? ok whatever, I'll go to the shop for you. I'm in the mini market, which was located in what Americans call a strip mall.

I'm queuing up to pay. There were 2 tills side by side, a woman on each. They were nattering to each other 20 to the dozen. They'd ring up the groceries, take the cash and give change without making eye contact with the shoppers. Talking all the while.

erk cluck cluck cluck erk cluck cluck cluck...

12 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Going by the time difference and by the time of the OP  i`m guessing it was sarcasm ,i reality he wants to shoot the feckers 

No, I really do love them.  It also really winds my wife up that I never get woken up by natural noises as I grew up in the countryside.  Even foxes mating (from another thread) doesn't wake me up.

However, a car door three streets away?  wide fucking awake.

On 10/08/2020 at 10:04, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

You like that noise? O.o

One of the benefits of moving back to the UK was not having to listen to that every morning.