DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

A (Scottish) guy working for RT wanders up the one of these migrant hotels and chats with a resident outside before going in and talking for some time with a (reasonable sounding) Kurd from Iraq. Police then arrive and so the reporter interviews locals outside for some time. 

Worth it for the chat he has with the Kurdish guy alone. 

About half an hour long but fine to just listen to. 

Good old RT.

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

Another good bit of investigation RT did of course was "The Lobby", an automatically investigation into the power the Israel lobby has on UK politics. There's another similar one they did on the American lobby. 

I wondered why you’d missed the Joos out of the first part.

Maybe the Americans bombing Iraq, Syria, Libya makes life there difficult. I can understand why people want to leave.

I imagine the hotel owners are happy, as currently, they would have few guestss.

Actually I did watch most of that video.  I have probably seen it before on RT television.

Edited by MrPin
8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Maybe the Americans bombing Iraq, Syria, Libya makes life there difficult. I can understand why people want to leave.

In the case of the Kurdish migrant, it's more likely to be because of a Turkish twat wanting to re-live the glory days of the failed Ottoman Empire.

But the last time I checked that fount of all knowledge, wikipedia; the country which sent the greatest number of migrants to Europe was the fabled paradise of "undocumented"; sadly obliterated by stealth bombers in 2015 while no-one was looking.

Yes, 40% of the people trafficked into the EU last year hail from this gem of a country, laid waste by us evil white people merely because we're a bunch of ignorant racists who have no respect for their culture. I say, "Make undocumented great again!"

3 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Another good bit of investigation RT did of course was "The Lobby", an automatically investigation into the power the Israel lobby has on UK politics. There's another similar one they did on the American lobby. 

That probably paints Britain as a bunch of idiots. Maybe Britain has "influence" around the world. I'm sure it has.

5 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

In the case of the Kurdish migrant, it's more likely to be because of a Turkish twat wanting to re-live the glory days of the failed Ottoman Empire.

Probably. I really know nothing about Kurdland.

it's a good video, not least because it shows the cucked level of thinking in the locals even when disaster is staring them in the face.  The guy says that he is OK with refugees as they have to be put somewhere.

Why?  Why the UK?  What the fuck obligation do you have to them?  The answer is NONE.  Even if you believe you have an obligation to help, you can help many many more people by helping them in the refugee camps near their start point.

Until people start saying openly "I have no responsibility to help anyone else unless the UK directly caused their problems", the UK is fucked.

45 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

They run most of the illegal counterfeit cig trade in the midlands

good on them.  smoking taxes are a good example of western corruption.  on health grounds you should ban it, but it is too good in terms of tax revenue so they let people kill themselves and make money off it.

16 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

In Wales they sell Turkish cigarettes which are very popular.

Is that right?

Back in the 90's I was travelling a lot to 'that part of the world' and bringing ciggies back for mates -- Turkish were very unpopular; everyone wanted Camels.

4 hours ago, wherebee said:

it's a good video, not least because it shows the cucked level of thinking in the locals even when disaster is staring them in the face.  The guy says that he is OK with refugees as they have to be put somewhere.

Why?  Why the UK?  What the fuck obligation do you have to them?  The answer is NONE.  Even if you believe you have an obligation to help, you can help many many more people by helping them in the refugee camps near their start point.

Until people start saying openly "I have no responsibility to help anyone else unless the UK directly caused their problems", the UK is fucked.

I think it's better to come at it from a different angle.

I always ask people in these conversations questions such as, how many people can the UK support in such a manner? Is there a limit? If so, how many people? What jobs will they do, when we are in the worst recession for three hundred years? What effect does the increase of the population by one million people every three years have on the provision of public services, such as the NHS? Would you be willing to move to a smaller house in order to make room for migrants, or to pay increased taxes for them? Why are people who arrive in dinghies allowed to jump the queue for citizenship, when others have to apply legally? etc.

I am pretty sure no bleeding heart/open borders type can answer these questions.

Edited by Austin Allegro
5 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think it's better to come at it from a different angle.

I always ask people in these conversations questions such as, how many people can the UK support in such a manner? Is there a limit? If so, how many people? What jobs will they do, when we are in the worst recession for three hundred years? What effect does the increase of the population by one million people every three years have on the provision of public services, such as the NHS? Would you be willing to move to a smaller house in order to make room for migrants, or to pay increased taxes for them? Why are people who arrive in dinghies allowed to jump the queue for citizenship, when others have to apply legally? etc.

I am pretty sure no bleeding heart/open borders type can answer these questions.

That's you labelled as Hitler mark 2 by anyone you put those questions to!

(Not that this should prevent you from doing so, but such is the level of debate among lefties)

2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That's you labelled as Hitler mark 2 by anyone you put those questions to!

(Not that this should prevent you from doing so, but such is the level of debate among lefties)

LOL, true. I usually mention the effects on the NHS, as that sets up a 'woke will eat itself' NPC reaction.

Also I like mentioning the one about the dinghy men jumping the queue being unfair, and then point out that's not my view but the view of my (legally British) girlfriend who is from one of 'those' countries!

53 minutes ago, dgul said:

Is that right?

Back in the 90's I was travelling a lot to 'that part of the world' and bringing ciggies back for mates -- Turkish were very unpopular; everyone wanted Camels.

I don't smoke so only going on what I'm told.  :)

Camels blended Turkish and Virginia tobacco ? 

Turkish cigarettes are strong, like the old Woodbines and Capstan unfiltered ?

No idea tbh.

They are cheap here though, like Polish lagers.

https://www.cigsclub.co.uk/camel/

4 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

I don't smoke so only going on what I'm told.  :)

Camels blended Turkish and Virginia tobacco ? 

Turkish cigarettes are strong, like the old Woodbines and Capstan unfiltered ?

No idea tbh.

They are cheap here though, like Polish lagers.

https://www.cigsclub.co.uk/camel/

True, Camels were a blend so more palatable to Brits.

Turkish cigarettes, as with black tobacco (Spanish and French cigs like Gauloises, Gitanes or Ducados) are hated by most British smokers.

I suspect when the OP writes 'Turkish cigarettes' he means Virginia cigarettes sold in Turkey, probably well known brands or knock-offs.