DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

47 minutes ago, Panther said:

The £450 million campus is home to the College of Engineering, the School of Management and the Computational Foundry.

Computational Foundry?

Maybe it's 'Hillary' destroying her email server in a white hot crucible.

I was hoping they had some kind of experimental silicon foundry there. 

But they do mention a crucible -- a white hot crucible of innovation. 

The Foundry will be the crucible for innovation and business engagement in the ICT sector, creating an eco-system for meaningful career opportunities across all sectors. EU funding supports us to drive forward cutting-edge research and innovation for Wales’ global success, which will have a positive impact on people, businesses and communities across Wales by helping build a thriving economy for all.

Exciting cutting-edge stuff, eh?

No surprise that the road reported to be blocked by emergency vehicles is called Fabian Way.

It would not supries me if it`s an insurance job the place was suposed to have been built as part of this  https://www.walesonline.co.uk/all-about/swansea-bay-tidal-lagoon

2_JS183954268-1.jpg

That is no longer happening so the campus is built in the middle of nowhere over looking a muddy cockle bed 

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

It would not supries me if it`s an insurance job the place was suposed to have been built as part of this  https://www.walesonline.co.uk/all-about/swansea-bay-tidal-lagoon

2_JS183954268-1.jpg

That is no longer happening so the campus is built in the middle of nowhere over looking a muddy cockle bed 

Looks like  a Squid.

1 hour ago, Lightly Toasted said:

I was hoping they had some kind of experimental silicon foundry there. 

But they do mention a crucible -- a white hot crucible of innovation. 

The Foundry will be the crucible for innovation and business engagement in the ICT sector, creating an eco-system for meaningful career opportunities across all sectors. EU funding supports us to drive forward cutting-edge research and innovation for Wales’ global success, which will have a positive impact on people, businesses and communities across Wales by helping build a thriving economy for all.

Exciting cutting-edge stuff, eh?

No surprise that the road reported to be blocked by emergency vehicles is called Fabian Way.

Nothing new with Fabian Way being blocked. It is a complete ball ache of a road, gridlocked very frequently.

”An ecosystem for meaningful career opportunities” - including opportunities for more people to write this sort of drivel!

4 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Shit artist our shit eyesight it`s a dragon xD

I can see the logic behind this, The World Islands have been such a runaway commercial success for Dubai, with investors flocking to develop such a vibrant and thriving archipelago. There are even rumours that the Heart of Europe project might complete its first phase by the end of October... 

So good to see that Wales' finest minds have shown that whatever Dubai can do Wales can do better!

8 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

2_JS183954268-1.jpg

What a cretinous idea. Are those thin bits meant to be roads? Walkways? Just how the hell is everybody who works/lives there meant to get there? By boat? There aren't many jetties and even then to get the people to them means they're going to use the same access road at the top right of the picture where the dragon's tail meets the land. 

Only academics could be so stupid. 

2 hours ago, the gardener said:

What a cretinous idea. Are those thin bits meant to be roads? Walkways? Just how the hell is everybody who works/lives there meant to get there? By boat? There aren't many jetties and even then to get the people to them means they're going to use the same access road at the top right of the picture where the dragon's tail meets the land. 

Only academics could be so stupid. 

To be honest that was an artists impression of what could be achieved ,i doubt very much it would have been anything like that as the whole lagoon was about tidal energy you need as much water inside as possible not fancy littel islands

The cretinous part is they built the campus before the lagoon which was scraped because luckily someone done a bit of due diligence regarding the claimed KWH of power it would produce and the fixed rate that would be paid for  that power ,it all turned out to be bollocks 

Edited by Long time lurking
12 hours ago, Panther said:

The £450 million campus is home to the College of Engineering, the School of Management and the Computational Foundry.

Computational Foundry?

Maybe it's 'Hillary' destroying her email server in a white hot crucible.

How the fuck did it cost 450 million quid to build that?

5 hours ago, MrPin said:

Wales, not whales.

On 13/08/2020 at 00:38, Long time lurking said:

2_JS183954268-1.jpg

Where Dubai leads, Swansea follows.  Best photo ever, made me spit my tea out from laughing so much