DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

My mother still refers to anything marginally darker than that as n!!!!r brown.  She is 87.  I have a client of the same age who talks about fuzzy wuzzies.  I feel sorry for the oldies as they cannot get their heads round pc.  In 1970s Yorkshire it was considered extremely polite to refer to Asians as coloured.  

3 hours ago, man o' the year said:

From the article:

"Why not call it cocoa, caramel or chocolate - sweet dessert items? But they used tobacco. I was shocked when I saw it.”

Why is cocoa OK but tobacco not? 

Here are some pics of cocoa and tobacco; they are clearly different colours, doing the bra is the colour of tobacco, why can’t M&S describe it as such?

0869D6E4-FCEA-4BE7-AE8A-4DF392A003C3.jpeg

59AFDEBB-922D-49F4-AD2A-52DB404825E9.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ina said:

My mother still refers to anything marginally darker than that as n!!!!r brown.  She is 87.  I have a client of the same age who talks about fuzzy wuzzies.  I feel sorry for the oldies as they cannot get their heads round pc.  In 1970s Yorkshire it was considered extremely polite to refer to Asians as coloured.  

:Jumping:

9 hours ago, Ina said:

Does anyone remember that production of the Four Feathers from the 30s? There's a commentary on a battle and I'm sure someone is saying the the Fuzzy Wuzzies are entering the fray.

2 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

is she shocked when she sees someone smoking because it reminds her of slavery ?

That's what I assumed, either that or they somehow think the world 'tobacco' itself should be banned because it might encourage smoking.

The 'story' made me laugh though. Ultimate lazy 'journalism' - manufactured outrage plus craven apology from M&S, probably took them ten minutes to put together. Eventually they'll create some sort of app that can do it automatically.