DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

50 quid for a watch battery

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like a wind up.

Get one that measures your steps, use it to measure your steps going to the pub and measure the steps going home again. The difference will be staggering 

Or once a day, if you're Diane 'Calculator' Abbott...

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

it's just jewelry, use your phone for the time and then your watch will at least be right twice a day

They are haveing a huge clamp down on mobiles at work I’m not going to be seen dead wearing a fob watch.we are surpost to have some form of time telling gear on us for incidents and time in restraint etc .otherwize they could say your guessing 

8 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

They are haveing a huge clamp down on mobiles at work I’m not going to be seen dead wearing a fob watch.we are surpost to have some form of time telling gear on us for incidents and time in restraint etc .otherwize they could say your guessing 

Lidl has this week, from Sunday 16th, a £20 activity tracker which is a watch but monitors also steps, heart rate, sleep, missed calls etc.

There isn't a detailed spec but these usually have a rechargeable battery like a phone and the battery on my equivalent lasts a week.

They are very slimline and the only weak point IME tends to be the original strap.  A replacement from the manufacturer will probably cost you the £20 cost of the watch again but there will be loads of aftermarket ones on Ebay.  My Fitbit strap broke after a year and I replaced it with a £4 Ebay replacement which has already lasted longer than the first one.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Lidl has this week, from Sunday 16th, a £20 activity tracker which is a watch but monitors also steps, heart rate, sleep, missed calls etc.

There isn't a detailed spec but these usually have a rechargeable battery like a phone and the battery on my equivalent lasts a week.

They are very slimline and the only weak point IME tends to be the original strap.  A replacement from the manufacturer will probably cost you the £20 cost of the watch again but there will be loads of aftermarket ones on Ebay.  My Fitbit strap broke after a year and I replaced it with a £4 Ebay replacement which has already lasted longer than the first one.

Such extravagance!

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I nealy fell over when I came out of Tesco and picked up me watch from timpsons 50 fucking quid.

You got well done over @stokiescum

Poundland do the batteries and this tool gets the back off easy 

Only justification for that fee is if they serviced the watch or guaranteed it water proof 

Spoil yourself and get a smart watch then you just plug it in for a charge 👍

AF43C326-E956-479E-8971-B94A2F320305.jpeg

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I nealy fell over when I came out of Tesco and picked up me watch from timpsons 50 fucking quid.

Is it one of those watches that they had to send away to be sealed? 

I just bought £5 Chinese toolset that opens up watches and change the batteries myself. Don't care about sealing as sometimes sealed watches would leak anyway, plus none of mine are worth that much. 

Also, there is a virus surcharge I guess. Took a 9 seater to tesco car wash, they quoted £45 as they have to desinfect it!)))))  So I've gone to another place for £20

1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

it's just jewelry, use your phone for the time and then your watch will at least be right twice a day

Or if you don't want a smartphone - and who in their right fucking mind would - buy a solar powered Casio "Waveceptor" watch.

Synchs with an atomic clock in Cumbria every night that broadcasts radio signals the watch can receive.

2642-1000x1000.jpg

XYY

A couple of years ago I couldn't find the right battery for a Swatch so popped into Timpsons. They said £10 for a battery change so I said no and was sniffily handed back my watch like he* was handling a piece of shit. Well done, now I would rather climb barefoot through a window than ever go to Timpsons.

(* and if the bloke was an ex-criminal he looked like an ex-sex criminal)

Edited by Panther