DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Karen-ovirus predictions

Back to the office for two days a week from Monday. Think I know what's going to happen.

Those who 'isolated' for two weeks in March will suddenly realise they had nothing infectious at all, and now won't return until there is a vaccine.

HR will do fuck all.

When they do return, if ever, they'll be shouting relentlessly about second, third wave. And need to isolate again upon a cough.

.. while in private be continually demanding that their kids school isn't safe and must be closed. More time off required for childcare.

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Do you think school will actually go back?
Do you think unis are going to take students this year?

Schools are back in Scotland. They started on Wednesday. Not sure about other areas but I’m in Dumfries & Galloway and my great niece and nephew are back full time. GN first year of secondary school and GN primary 6.

6 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Schools are back in Scotland. They started on Wednesday. Not sure about other areas but I’m in Dumfries & Galloway and my great niece and nephew are back full time. GN first year of secondary school and GN primary 6.

Kind of watching Scotlands schools as the canary in the coal mine.

I hope all goes well.

13 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes, they have to.

You really mean it Mr P? 

13 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Yesterday was a full day of "social distancing" training. 

No joke xD

Just now, ccc said:

Yesterday was a full day of "social distancing" training. 

No joke xD

I haven’t heard from relatives but won’t be surprised at all if that’s what they done all day. Virus, virus, virus.......they’ll get to teaching for exam purposes at some point....maybe!

Fucking insanity

It'll be a get out of jail free card for every skiver who wants to pull a sickie.

And HR will do fuck all because it'll be full of similar wasters.

Even if the gov told everyone to go back next week, the excuse "I feel to afraid to go back" would be valid enough not to get you fired, esp if public sector.

There will be plenty of people not going back to work until a vaccine is found, be that 3 months or 3 years from now.

My office are still umming and arring about when to go back.

They have a certain amount that can go back now, but no rush for others. Could be next year. Also no one will be forced to go back, so if I am 'scared' to return i wonder if I'll be black marked (or whatever that is called these days)

Edited by NewryH
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Do you think school will actually go back?
Do you think unis are going to take students this year?

1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

Scotland are the school guinea pigs for now.

If cases continue at the current rate, then yes we will see schools and unis open.

If they start to spike, then i can see schools and unis being forced to close again at short notice as the outside temps drop and the UV level decreases in Sept.

2 hours ago, Van Lady said:

You could tell that it was Scottish schools that had gone back based on the (lack of) diversity in the pictures (for some reason, the pictures have since changed). 

image.png.80b93ce5c3b5ae4d5419b79667df0c85.png

2 hours ago, Loki said:

That is fucking heart-breaking.

All the scum pushing and parroting this global gaslighting can burn in hell.

I did my first 'big shop' at a large supermarket today (market town in East Anglia).

I found it a depressing and unpleasant experience. 99.9% full Covid compliance. Impossibly to properly interact with people. Hot and uncomfortable in a mask. Got spoken to by a checkout lady for being to close to the till, in the sort of tone a WPC would use if I was a rubbernecker too close to an accident. (to be fair she was polite and friendly after that. I got the impression it was more that she'd been told off by a manager for allowing it to happen before).

I won't be doing that again if I can help it. Far too dystopian and just plain weird.

3 hours ago, Van Lady said:

Cases on the up round your neck of the woods