DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

👍🏻I love music with saxophone. I think I started a thread a while ago? 

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

I can't play my clarinet very well at all. Am musical as a brick.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I can’t play my fiddle either. Perhaps we can form a band.  xD

Wow. A girl-band containing Van Lady, sarahbell and One percent...!

The Vice Girls...

XYY

Thing is with the sax is anything less than the Baker St solo and what’s the fucking point really and I feel like I’d definitely get bored/distracted and move on to a new hobby a long, long time before that point.

On 13/08/2020 at 21:45, One percent said:

I can’t play my fiddle either. Perhaps we can form a band.  xD

I heard a radio doc on Brian Eno. I knew that he was influential but had no idea that he was that influential.

One of his projects was an orchestra for those less talented. If you wanted to be in, you were in. The only condition was that you always tried your best, no messing about.

16 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Impressed that you got a sound out of it at all.

Try it with a mouthpiece and reed. it'll sound even better.

Don't but the plastic ones. go the hardened rubber, or metal ones. They come in different grades, and are numbered as to how much reed hangs over to vibrate. Also the reeds come in different thicknesses. I would start at the middle one.

On 13/08/2020 at 21:38, Van Lady said:

👍🏻I love music with saxophone.

Same here i walked from one side of Glastonbury to the other to see Hazel O'Connor only to find out the original sax player had cut all his fingers off with a skill saw years ago and the replacement sax player was shit 

This is what it should have been like 

Edited by Long time lurking
2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

She has actually worn very well, doesn't look her age even taking into account the most recent photos I could find in a brief, curious search were from 2013/14.

That was the year i seen her it was disappointing but i think the cockwomble on the sound desk played a large part in that 

The film breaking glass is still a classic in my eyes ,considering where we are today it has a touch of 1984 about it

Edited by Long time lurking