DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

UK signs deals for 90 million virus vaccine doses

The UK government has signed deals for a further 90 million doses of coronavirus vaccine.

The vaccines are being developed by the Belgian pharmaceutical company Janssen and the US biotech company Novavax.

It means the UK has placed orders for six experimental vaccines, taking its potential stockpile to 340 million doses.

In theory, there should be enough for everyone in the UK to get five doses. Most of the vaccines require only two.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swine Flue Jab they swore it was fully safe, CMO, Heath minister and Chief Nurse. Whoops turns out it gives you narcolepsy  Only an utter moron would have this jab - government could tell me the

Boris has never been any good at anything hard, he's the kind of cunt that would have paid other kids to do his homework.  He has a quick wit, a good mastery of English, and massive entitlement, that

The fucking cunts. If anyone falls for this it's the fucking end.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, JackieO said:

The UK government has signed deals for a further 90 million doses of coronavirus vaccine.

The vaccines are being developed by the Belgian pharmaceutical company Janssen and the US biotech company Novavax.

It means the UK has placed orders for six experimental vaccines, taking its potential stockpile to 340 million doses.

In theory, there should be enough for everyone in the UK to get five doses. Most of the vaccines require only two.

Can you please provide some evidence of this story...?

XYY

41 minutes ago, JackieO said:

If your one of the "rich" countries it's ok I guess to spread your bets.  Meanwhile poor places like most of Africa -at the moment anyway- look like they wouldn't need or care about.  

https://anonym.to/?https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/pandemic-appears-have-spared-africa-so-far-scientists-are-struggling-explain-why

But then other reports seem to paint a more grim picture, at least by headline. 

I still think we don't know the full picture... If this comes back as a different strain, another bio leak from a lab possibly even? 

Really getting mixed messages all over the place.  I should probably take a break from the noise as trying to come up with any sort of clear idea about what the consensus is or what They wish it to be is remarkably impossible IMO.

A side point re madasgar as I just checked what a recent BBC article painted.  Like I say it could get worse out there but at least from the given data so far or simply just in the report it really doesn't look like much despite headline.   

162 deaths, first case in may, population of 27 million.

https://anonym.to/?https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-53756752

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

get this wrong and will be the biggest health disaster ever. I'm not keen to be an early adopter, how will they enforce it ? Make access to shops etc only open to those with the vaccine code on their phones ?

About 50% of the population are begging for it to be given to them.

5 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

Make access to shops etc only open to those with the vaccine code on their phones ?

https://medium.com/@aarondavidsonn/the-health-passport-a-green-light-for-tyranny-545298e108d

The Digital Health Passport is already shipping, and contracts have been signed with 15 countries including the US, Canada, Sweden, Spain, South Africa, Italy, Portugal, France, Panama, India, Mexico, United Arab Emirates and the Netherlands.

Image for post

Edited by PaulParanoia
Added picture.
5 minutes ago, dgul said:

About 50% of the population are begging for it to be given to them.

2 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I suspect this number is another fabrication doing the rounds! 

Anyone who is healthy and under 40 would have to be nuts to want a rushed-out vaccine.

Average age of dead in France just under 82, slightly above the average life expectancy. Now I know a lot of people are poor at maths, but that must tell them something, surely?

2 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

yesterday saw a headline saying it was 4 times deadlier than flu, that can't be right

Depends which flu I suppose. More bollocks. 

27 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

get this wrong and will be the biggest health disaster ever. I'm not keen to be an early adopter, how will they enforce it ? Make access to shops etc only open to those with the vaccine code on their phones ?

Lloyd Webber taking one for the team, desperate to get his beloved theatres open.

It's ok, he was forced to wear a mask and the nurses weren't subjected to his frightening visage.

alw.jpg.1cddf91f91e774bcf09384c5cf687acc.jpg

PRI_160106664.jpg.d0bded3b3ce2a6248e1a26f0ece1eb28.jpg

Edited by crashmonitor
13 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

yesterday saw a headline saying it was 4 times deadlier than flu, that can't be right

It could well be right if compared with 'flu without vaccine'.

But because we vaccinate all those at risk, the UK stats suggest that Covid-19 is far deadlier than flu. 

Of course, it is far harder to make an effective and safe coronavirus vaccine compared with influenza.

2 hours ago, JackieO said:

The logic is that some of those six different experimental vaccines might do better than others in terms of safety and efficacy during clinical trials and the NHS would only ultimately offer the best ones to the population. The government is just hedging its bets.

Spygirl will be along shortly to claim the UK's population is 340m +/- 2m.

30 minutes ago, PaulParanoia said:

https://medium.com/@aarondavidsonn/the-health-passport-a-green-light-for-tyranny-545298e108d

The Digital Health Passport is already shipping, and contracts have been signed with 15 countries including the US, Canada, Sweden, Spain, South Africa, Italy, Portugal, France, Panama, India, Mexico, United Arab Emirates and the Netherlands.

Image for post

The fucking cunts.

If anyone falls for this it's the fucking end.

27 minutes ago, PaulParanoia said:

Image for post

Both Janssen and Novavax have links with Bill Gates and his foundation...

Why Was Novavax Awarded Almost $2 Billion in Free Money?

Johnson and Johnson own Janssen...

J&J in talks with Japan, Gates Foundation to lock in deals on COVID-19 vaccine

24 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

It's ok, he was forced to wear a mask and the nurses weren't subjected to his frightening visage.

Although reportedly one of the nurses was overheard saying "We're gunna need a bigger mask"

3 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Lloyd Webber taking one for the team, desperate to get his beloved theatres open.

alw.jpg.1cddf91f91e774bcf09384c5cf687acc.jpg

PRI_160106664.jpg.d0bded3b3ce2a6248e1a26f0ece1eb28.jpg

That's good of him when there's no vaccine currently available - apparently.

Is there a vaccine to prevent the coronavirus disease?

There is no currently available vaccine for COVID-19. However, many of the symptoms can be treated and getting early care from a healthcare provider can make the disease less dangerous.

Edited by twocents
7 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Swine Flue Jab they swore it was fully safe, CMO, Heath minister and Chief Nurse. Whoops turns out it gives you narcolepsy 

Only an utter moron would have this jab - government could tell me the sky was blue and grass was green and I would not believe them  and have to double check 

I've always been massively pro vaccination.

But this?

Big pharama lined up in a row with their snouts all ready, to produce genetically engineered vaccines, rushed to production with inadequate testing, added to that they will not be held liable for any problems with it.

Not at fucking gunpoint.

Just now, MrLibertyRedux said:

I've always been massively pro vaccination.

But this?

Big pharama lined up in a row with their snouts all ready, to produce genetically engineered vaccines, rushed to production with inadequate testing, added to that they will not be held liable for any problems with it.

Not at fucking gunpoint.

Me too, for the perennial diseases that are always rattling around shitholes. Yellow Fever, Polio, Dysentery etc.

But this is different, as it will probably burn out, and never been seen again, like the 1918 "Spanish" Flu.

The Holy Grail of the vaccine is futile, as by the time it is developed, the disease will be gone.

However many thousands of gallons they make will end up going down the drain, along with billions of masks for dolphins to chew on.