• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

The face of FGM 2017

Just fkn ridiculous!

Rather like the context-free police talks delivered at my 13 yo daughter's (girl's) school on the dangers of radicalisation and grooming. My suggestion that the former might be more efficiently directed at the 3 girls in her year who come in wearing hoods didn't go down very well.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

According to Barnados 1236 cases of FGM were recorded between Jan and March this year - tell us how many white girls were in that number then! To be honest I'm not sure of the point of this campaign anyway regardless of the ethnicity of the girl - how many people have been charged with either practicing FGM or aiding and abetting - none is my guess. Another charity to add to the shit list, backs my stand of only supporting local charities.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Apparently not one person has been prosecuted for allowing fgm on a child.  This is even though it is against the law. 

Meaningless twaddle

As I thought. I hope the charity trustees are pleased with the wasted money on this campaign - it's going to cost them in contributions as well.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Apparently not one person has been prosecuted for allowing fgm on a child.  This is even though it is against the law. 

Meaningless twaddle

Why not? Child abuse of other forms is prosecuted. There needs to be a landmark case to get it started and set precedent.

3 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Why not? Child abuse of other forms is prosecuted. There needs to be a landmark case to get it started and set precedent.

My daughter did here these on this (yeah I know) and my job was to proof read the thing, so know a little bit about it.  More than I need to really. O.o

for me, the main reason is that government have pushed responsibility down onto frontline staff in the NHS and schools. Individuals are then not trained to spot the signs, they are not supported and are frightened of being called out as racist.  Best for them and their career to turn a blind eye.  Unintended concequences of political correctness. 

Just now, Dipsy said:

I'm sure if it was 20k white girls a year there would have been prosecutions. What about MGM, if there's no medical reason to do it surely that's also abuse?

Agree but fgm causes life changing problems for many women in all sorts of ways that do not bare thinking about 

2 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I'm sure if it was 20k white girls a year there would have been prosecutions. What about MGM, if there's no medical reason to do it surely that's also abuse?

Nope. Rotherham shows beign ethnic trumps criminal responsibility.

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

My daughter did here these on this (yeah I know) and my job was to proof read the thing, so know a little bit about it.  More than I need to really. O.o

for me, the main reason is that government have pushed responsibility down onto frontline staff in the NHS and schools. Individuals are then not trained to spot the signs, they are not supported and are frightened of being called out as racist.  Best for them and their career to turn a blind eye.  Unintended concequences of political correctness. 

A case for government intervention IMO. Task someone with finding an appropriate cut and dried easily proved case and prosecuting it successfully. Big media furore, precedent is set, other cases would follow, some deterrence would be generated.

Edited by swissy_fit

22 minutes ago, One percent said:

Meaningless twaddle

They did try to prosecute a doctor who repaired a tear post childbirth on a woman who had FGM.

9 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

A case for government intervention IMO. Task someone with finding an appropriate cut and dried easily proved case and prosecuting it successfully. Big media furore, precedent is set, other cases would follow, some deterrence would be generated.

There is also a concept called cultural relativism.  This goes along the lines of each culture is different and we need to respect the varying cultural practices of others.  It is imperialist to think we can impose our views and values onto others.

the establishment have really tied themselves in knots with their newspeak and groupthink approach. 

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The stupidity and 'tread carefully' nature of using a white girl aside, there is something about the tone of that which really, really doesn't sit comfortably with me at all.

I think it's the "particularly prevalant during school holidays" bit that is bothering me. It makes it sound like a preventable case of sunburn or chicken-pox rather than an utterly medieval, barbaric and fucked-up practise that has absolutely no place in any civilised society.

I think that is genuinely one of the worst things I've ever seen.

And that is exactly  why it is not being dealt with. It needs dragging into the light and shown for what it is.  As you say, utterly medieval and barbaric. 

I don't know if Kosovar Muslims practice FGM (don't think so) but they are white, so the idea of a white girl being at risk isn't impossible. 

However it's hardly the norm iand therefore obviously inappropriate, they presumably did it on purpose to attract attention.