DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

GymShark - a British Unicorn

spygirl

Gymshark: Ex-pizza delivery boy’s sportswear firm worth over £1bn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53781515

Clothing brand Gymshark becomes UK’s newest £1bn start-up

Company founded by Ben Francis as a student nine years ago wins £200m investment

https://www.ft.com/content/6122628d-a309-4c33-a664-3fc799b0dee8

US has unicorns that offer quantum computing, electric cars, space ships etc etc.

UK has one that sells wife beaters to fat fuckers going to Spoons ...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08130873/filing-history

176m turnover.

58m cost of sales for an internet company is eyebrow raising.

https://uk.gymshark.com/

Boohoo for steroid and wife abusers ...

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Just like all the internet firms that go bust I hadn't heard of this one prior to this post.

Id not heard of it til the BBC plug.

31 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Just like all the internet firms that go bust I hadn't heard of this one prior to this post.

...but are you not now going to rush in for FOMO?! :-)

Never heard of this brand. Ever. It must have zero exposure in the media because I watch sports and read internet sites etc and have never seen it mentioned once.

21 minutes ago, Errol said:

Never heard of this brand. Ever. It must have zero exposure in the media because I watch sports and read internet sites etc and have never seen it mentioned once.

It's a huge brand with the young gym goer. Mostly worn by preening meat heads or instawhore thots who like to wear the tightest/smallest clothes while doing exercises which all involve having their arse up in the air.

It's part of the reason I refuse to go to my gym at peak times and still considering binning my membership, can't stand to be around a load of narcissists. 

Gym, Reddit, and Thot: Gym thot starter pack  MYPROTEIN  vapormax  stupidly large water bottle  BHARK GYMSHAR  MARK  GYMSH  full gymshark outfit  beats solo 3 - probably  in rose gold  any exercise that  involves solo doggy style Truest starter pack

2 hours ago, Underwhelmed said:

it's huge with younger demographic, they sponsor loads of drug enhanced 'athlete/models', both m&f,' on instagram for marketing purposes

Need to diversify into bailbonds for the inevitable roidrage event.

3 hours ago, gibbon said:

It's a huge brand with the young gym goer. Mostly worn by preening meat heads or instawhore thots who like to wear the tightest/smallest clothes while doing exercises which all involve having their arse up in the air.

In the interests of research, where might one find these websites?! 

I actually like Ben and see an awful lot of his LinkedIn posts - Gymshark is that rare firm that actually is what it claims to be, half decent gym gear at a reasonable price.

It's made money from the fitness industry scam of hiring male fitness models on steroids, and selling clothing/powders/workout plans to insecure young men who can't get a shag (which is a big percentage of young men) who think that anything but steroids will help them look like fitness models on steroids.

leonardratso

im starting a complementary company to gym shark, its called gym sex pest, ill be flogging tutorials and kit for those blokes (and wammin) who have bought gym shark gear for the gym and want to hassle whatever sex of person at the gym into dates/shags etc.

im gonna ride the wave of gym shark.

Right place right time. I can't blame the guy for exploiting a fad. But fashion is particularly fickle and within 5 years this brand will be out of favour. It's already a bit chavvy.

So this is where the SuperDry herd are at now. xD

I'm gonna start a complimentary company to gym shark for those too lazy to workout. It's called Gym Muscles and is a range of muscle suits. Doesn't look any more daft than all those superheroes with suits, from Superman to CondorMan. :D

Don Coglione
52 minutes ago, BoSon said:

So this is where the SuperDry herd are at now. xD

I'm gonna start a complimentary company to gym shark for those too lazy to workout. It's called Gym Muscles and is a range of muscle suits. Doesn't look any more daft than all those superheroes with suits, from Superman to CondorMan. :D

Michael Crawford and black Porsche 911s!

3 hours ago, spunko said:

Right place right time. I can't blame the guy for exploiting a fad. But fashion is particularly fickle and within 5 years this brand will be out of favour. It's already a bit chavvy.

Months...

Where do they get these valuations from for clothing brands? Do they ever recoup these sort of outlays?

You see this all the time across the board for businesses that just happen to be instawhoring at that moment in time. like Hutton Collins Patners paying £100M for the here today gone tomorrow Bryon Burgers. Or those buying into gin bars, no doubt at silly premiums. Where are all the business experts advising not to pay dozens of times value for a "trend" brand? One that will be dispensed with as sooner as the next model comes out and its not cool anymore.

The big challenge for these (clothing) brands is getting bigger is quite difficult as you then lose the exclusivity appeal when every tom dick and chav starts wearing it Very few (Nike and Adidas) seem to be able to get away with premium price and mass market sales. Hence why a lot of former decent brands end up being bought out of administration by Mr Ashley and sold under heavy discounting at Sports Direct. 

On 17/08/2020 at 13:55, BoSon said:

Christ. So fake I'd be checking for a dick tucked under if one of them got too close, Croc Dundee style. xD

Feminists complain men see them as sex objects. Well these look as natural as a sex doll. :P

Why do these woman where skin tight lycra and have arses twice a normal size? Some go in couples with roider lurking a few machines away

16 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Where do they get these valuations from for clothing brands? Do they ever recoup these sort of outlays?

You see this all the time across the board for businesses that just happen to be instawhoring at that moment in time. like Hutton Collins Patners paying £100M for the here today gone tomorrow Bryon Burgers. Or those buying into gin bars, no doubt at silly premiums. Where are all the business experts advising not to pay dozens of times value for a "trend" brand? One that will be dispensed with as sooner as the next model comes out and its not cool anymore.

The big challenge for these (clothing) brands is getting bigger is quite difficult as you then lose the exclusivity appeal when every tom dick and chav starts wearing it Very few (Nike and Adidas) seem to be able to get away with premium price and mass market sales. Hence why a lot of former decent brands end up being bought out of administration by Mr Ashley and sold under heavy discounting at Sports Direct. 

You are thinking in too traditional terms. Most of these private equity sharks are looking for pump and dump. They need an overhyped brand (that they know is overhyped) and then they'll laden it with debt, based off of the over-valuation. They'll then dump it.

On 16/08/2020 at 18:13, eek said:

I actually like Ben and see an awful lot of his LinkedIn posts - Gymshark is that rare firm that actually is what it claims to be, half decent gym gear at a reasonable price.

Wait til Mike Ashley buys it ....

On 15/08/2020 at 11:10, gibbon said:

It's part of the reason I refuse to go to my gym at peak times and still considering binning my membership, can't stand to be around a load of narcissists. 

Gym, Reddit, and Thot: Gym thot starter pack  MYPROTEIN  vapormax  stupidly large water bottle  BHARK GYMSHAR  MARK  GYMSH  full gymshark outfit  beats solo 3 - probably  in rose gold  any exercise that  involves solo doggy style Truest starter pack

Lol did make me laugh , that's why I have full garage set up, power rack 350kg weights , leverage gym treadmill, no Mirrors , sadly no dolly birds either 😂

Archived