DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Selby Vs Ronnie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well what an epic whinge from Mark post match last night. Can't be arsed trawling the net for a link but in short, Selby has a very slow, methodical and safety oriented game. When he plays R

For the best part of three DECADES Ronnie has been the sport. Most the young players playing today are playing because, as a kid, they wanted to be the next Ronnie. The only person that stop

Having played a lot of snooker, not very well, cue action is witch craft. Sometimes I can address the table and stroke the cue beautifully other times I'd be better off with a golf club.  

Selby's a hypocritical cunt and as dull as dishwater. His strategy is just to bog the other player down with tedious safety play and long shot times until they lose concentration.

Delighted he lost in such dramatic circumstances and is massively pissed off about it.

Probably the most exciting day of snooker ever with both games ending 17-16, the other semi final was just utter insanity.

33 minutes ago, xyz said:

the other semi final was just utter insanity.

When Droopy completely missed the object red and potted the cue ball direct to the middle pocket I had to turn to Mrs. Eight and ask if I had actually just witnessed that with my own eyes.

I cannot stand slow play in any sport.

After all the good work of the showmen and entertainers to make it popular entertainment come the dullards to leech off the successful sport grown by the entertainers that were Higgins and Botham.

Snooker died for me in Cliff Thorburn; cricket in Chris Tavare.  I've never gone back to either. 

This Selby sounds just as bad.  Snooker is entertainment and he should be receiving huge fines and a ban for slow play because people just will not watch it.

It was almost unbelievable, watching the finale of both of those (I watched the last half-session of Sully v Selby on catch-up after watching Barca get torn a new one). 

I just assumed Sully had lost it in the 30th when he just whacked it off two cushions and missed the pink completely (you wouldn't have thought someone would be so careless when one pot would have levelled the match). I saw that there was only about 40 minutes left and thought "guess Selby won then", not realising that Sully would be reinvigorated and go on to make a total clearance in the next frame. 

Also useful to remember that Sully set a record in the first round of the fastest ever World Championship match, winning 10-1 in 1hr 48mins. 

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I cannot stand slow play in any sport.

After all the good work of the showmen and entertainers to make it popular entertainment come the dullards to leech off the successful sport grown by the entertainers that were Higgins and Botham.

Snooker died for me in Cliff Thorburn; cricket in Chris Tavare.  I've never gone back to either. 

This Selby sounds just as bad.  Snooker is entertainment and he should be receiving huge fines and a ban for slow play because people just will not watch it.

Floyd Mayweather in boxing as well.

In UFC they don't renew the contracts for fighters who are good, but boring to watch.

I don't mind more defensive play in sports as long as it's part of the game like in cricket, but purposely taking a long time over your shots in snooker is just a form of cheating and they should have an overall shot timer for players.

22 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I don't think he was that sore a loser. I thought Ronnie's interview on Eurosport was quite enlightening. 

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/world-championship/2019-2020/if-i-m-snookered-i-m-going-to-smash-them-ronnie-explains-controversial-moment_vid1336119/video.shtml

I watched that last night and yes makes sense. He doesn't agree with the miss rule so will just try to smash them all up - take his foul then both players can get on with it. I don't see an issue with that. 

4 minutes ago, ccc said:

Fucking hell never seen that before. Fully up to him to concede the frame at any point so technically nothing wrong. But yes rather childlike. 

I think Ronnie needs an equally talented rival. I sometimes wonder if he puts himself in holes - like needed to win all the remaining frames, for instance - just to keep it interesting.

You have got to love Ronnie .....

There will always be these mercurial talented guys with a deeply flawed dark side.....

Goran Ivanesivic

Alex Higgins

James Hunt

John McCenroe

Ibrahimovic

Conor McGregor

Mike Tyson

etc etc.....

Its entertainment.

Be boring if they were all like Lendl, Mansell, Davis... etc.....

I think O'Sullivan is generally bad for the sport. He isn't a good role model, provides very little entertainment (he hardly ever plays and doesn't win much anymore), and spends the rest of the time slagging off the Tour, fellow players or playing in an unprofessional manner.

The quicker he retires the better. The sport can then move on.

25 minutes ago, Errol said:

I think O'Sullivan is generally bad for the sport. He isn't a good role model, provides very little entertainment (he hardly ever plays and doesn't win much anymore), and spends the rest of the time slagging off the Tour, fellow players or playing in an unprofessional manner.

Sounds great to me.

Selby's comments remind me of when Arsene Wenger would complain about a lower ranked team not playing 'football' but beating them

Edited by A tremendous # on the lung
1 hour ago, Errol said:

For the best part of three DECADES Ronnie has been the sport.

Most the young players playing today are playing because, as a kid, they wanted to be the next Ronnie.

The only person that stops Ronnie beating anyone in the world is Ronnie. Even at 44 he has the game to demolish anyone, and they know it.

The sport knows that without Ronnie it is greatly diminished.

Snooker owes Ronnie a massive debt.

1 hour ago, Vendetta said:

You have got to love Ronnie .....

There will always be these mercurial talented guys with a deeply flawed dark side.....

Goran Ivanesivic

Alex Higgins

James Hunt

John McCenroe

Ibrahimovic

Conor McGregor

Mike Tyson

etc etc.....

Its entertainment.

Be boring if they were all like Lendl, Mansell, Davis... etc.....

Paul Gascoigne

George Best

Frank Worthington

The list of flawed sporting stars is a pretty big one...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

What a day yesterday! Selby was wrong but I can forgive him. The Snooker has been top class this year with some great match-ups. The only grating aspects, beyond the CoVid-19 nonsense has been the the BBC dumbing-down and genuflecting to woke in the selection of presenters. Was great to see Wilson and McKee do a proper handshake yesterday after their epic semi.