DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One Concert You Wish You Could Have Been At

7 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Nirvana, Brixton Academy 1994. I have the ticket but he died a few weeks before the gig.

"Hate your enemies, save your friends, find your place, speak the truth."

If you're ever anywhere near Seattle, this is worth visiting:

https://www.mopop.org//exhibitions-plus-events/exhibitions/nirvana-taking-punk-to-the-masses/

3 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

Live aid would’ve ticked a few boxes. At least it was taped for posterity 

It wasn't supposed to be.

But I'm guessing that Bob Geldof can forgive things like that in exchange for a big bag of cash when the DVDs were released...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
22 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

It wasn't supposed to be.

But I'm guessing that Bob Geldof can forgive things like that in exchange for a big bag of cash when the DVDs were released...

XYY

Selling for bonkers prices on eBay, maybe Bobs opened an online shop to flog the seconds? I’m sure all profits are going to the starving...in Chelsea

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Live-Aid-DVD-2004-4-Disc-Set/124186661577?epid=118515509&hash=item1cea1a12c9:g:YSwAAOxyuPtQ9czH

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 02:11, Mentalhammer666 said:

Can I mention a gig i really wish I didn't go to??

My sister living in London thought me and my other sister would enjoy the Nelson fuckin Mandela gig at Wembley. I was about 12 i think, fuckin bored to fuckin tears.

Would've loved to have seen bon Scott with acdc at the Ulster hall in 79\80.

I feel similarly about seeing The Velvet Underground at Wembley Arena in '93. Biggest fucking disappointment ever - horrible venue, band clearly couldn't give a shit and were  doing it only for the money.  

On 08/09/2020 at 15:45, Long time lurking said:

Pink Floyd anyone of them ,i had tickets for earls court in the 94 and sold them for silly money thinking i will see them next time around ,but that was the last tour  :CryBaby:

Never saw Pink Floyd but I did catch Roger Waters doing The Wall in Toronto in 2011. It was surprisingly good.

6 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

I have seen him a few times ,but to me  it`s not the same , i think Pink Floyd was as much about the show as it was the music 

The Wall show I saw was spectacular - had a huge actual wall and giant floating effigies of teachers from whoever's school it was. Does he not do similar stuff for his other concerts?

7 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

The Wall show I saw was spectacular - had a huge actual wall and giant floating effigies of teachers from whoever's school it was. Does he not do similar stuff for his other concerts?

I have only seen him at festivals so could not say about his tours Glastonbury was OK but nothing compared to Pink Floyd shows 

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I have only seen him at festivals so could not say about his tours Glastonbury was OK but nothing compared to Pink Floyd shows 

That makes sense, huge complex sets aren't something I've ever seen used at festivals - no time for the get-in. I saw him here as part of a 3 or 4 night run and and it had to have taken a day at least to set the thing up. Found a couple of clips (it was called the Air Canada Centre at the time):

And it was 2010, not 2011, not sure why I misremembered that.

• 2 weeks later...