• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Fully Detached

Paris attack: Hunt for car driven at soldiers injuring six

As someone commented recently, things have been a bit quiet of late, but looks like we're off again.

A car has struck a group of soldiers in Paris, injuring six, two seriously, police say.

An urgent police operation is now under way to find the vehicle - reportedly a BMW - and driver involved in the incident in the north-western suburb of Levallois-Perret.

The local mayor, Patrick Balkany, said he had no doubt that the "disgusting" act was deliberate.

Lovely, just down the road from me ATM.

Irrelevant but I noticed that two of the four soldiers patrolling Gare St Lazare were young ladies yesterday.

I guess this is a sign of my age, but seeing a fresh-faced young blonde lass in combat gear and armed to the teeth seemed odd.

Edited by swissy_fit

25 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

As someone commented recently, things have been a bit quiet of late, but 

From that link:

Recent attacks on Paris security services

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

From that link:

Recent attacks on Paris security services

Thanks - I didn't read all the way down the article, but interesting to see them all listed. Pretty much one every 6 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Thanks - I didn't read all the way down the article, but interesting to see them all listed. Pretty much one every 6 weeks.

More like an attack per day in France at the moment, most don't get reported.

The office response here in northern France seems to be one of resignation that the attacks are now "normal life". My co-workers seem a bit down about how powerless they are to do anything about it. Not one has admitted to voting anything but Macron (or not voting at all).

The squadies in the city centre have been pretty lax the last few weeks so it will be interesting to see if that changes this evening when I head back to the hotel.

13 minutes ago, Oskar said:

The office response here in northern France seems to be one of resignation that the attacks are now "normal life". My co-workers seem a bit down about how powerless they are to do anything about it. Not one has admitted to voting anything but Macron (or not voting at all).

The squadies in the city centre have been pretty lax the last few weeks so it will be interesting to see if that changes this evening when I head back to the hotel.

I can barely express how depressing I find that.

6 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I can barely express how depressing I find that.

me too. They were also pretty depressed about it and one acknowledged that is was impossible to remove the threat from France  (barring a bloodbath of medieval proportions)

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Just to add - 28 yr old Libyan knifed a 56 yr old woman in Leipzig train station last night.

As long as you weren't involved. I know the Welsh are "up to stuff".

Just now, Oskar said:

me too. They were also pretty depressed about it and one acknowledged that is was impossible to remove the threat from France  (barring a bloodbath of medieval proportions)

Just what is behind this influx?

It's obviously not economic, as most of the incomers don't work and you are changing the routines of the existing population away from freely spending money (unless the plan is for 100% of GDP to be from imputed rent / benefits). 

The world has gone bat shit crazy and the puppeteer is loving every minute of it. 

12 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

It's obviously not economic, as most of the incomers don't work and you are changing the routines of the existing population away from freely spending money (unless the plan is for 100% of GDP to be from imputed rent / benefits). 

The world has gone bat shit crazy and the puppeteer is loving every minute of it. 

In France the issue is a bit different to the UK, deeper and longer standing, remember they were the colonial power in North Africa. There have been North African/Arab ghettos in the suburbs of the major cities for decades and racism against them is rife, it's fair enough if they behave like scum but the French routinely discriminate against even the ones who play the game. So there is a massive number of small-time crims and n'er-do-wells with small brains from these suburbs who are the pool for Islamist recruiting. 

50 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Oh isn't he just.

o-DEA-GEORGE-SOROS-facebook.jpg

2 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Linky or Linkies?

I wouldn't be surprised, walking around near where I work it's like France transformed into the 3rd world. 

You'll have to check the local press, not just acts of terrorism but a low level civil war between people living in the cities, migrants, eastern european criminals and the police and locals. Even near you

https://www.letemps.ch/suisse/2017/08/04/aux-portes-geneve-criminalite-augmente-brutalement

43 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

but the French routinely discriminate against even the ones who play the game.

The discrimination is a bit overdone to be honest. I work for a major telco and there must be around 20-25% Maghrebans working for us in all levels. Most welcome they are too.

10 minutes ago, davidg said:

You'll have to check the local press, not just acts of terrorism but a low level civil war between people living in the cities, migrants, eastern european criminals and the police and locals. Even near you

https://www.letemps.ch/suisse/2017/08/04/aux-portes-geneve-criminalite-augmente-brutalement

Annemasse is the toilet of Haute Savoie. I like it being there because it demonstrates the difference between the way the Swiss do things and the way the French do things, you can't miss it as they are right next to each other - cross the frontier and you go from relative order to relative shithole in a few hundred metres.

12 minutes ago, davidg said:

The discrimination is a bit overdone to be honest. I work for a major telco and there must be around 20-25% Maghrebans working for us in all levels. Most welcome they are too.

Purely anecdotal, but I think the discrimination is very localised. E.g. like you, I've been in large companies and they're happy to employ Maghrebans. On the other hand, here in Bordeaux I'm trying to think of a bar or restaurant in the town centre (where my office is located) that employs a North African. I can't think of a single one.

We were in Paris for a couple of days last week 

Police and troops at the tourist sites , airport 

Bag searched going into shops 

didn't feel particularly tense, nothing like Belfast in 70/80's 

surprising lack of security on the metro , didn't see any police or troops on it during 2 days of usage 

3 minutes ago, Malthus said:

We were in Paris for a couple of days last week 

Police and troops at the tourist sites , airport 

Bag searched going into shops 

didn't feel particularly tense, nothing like Belfast in 70/80's 

surprising lack of security on the metro , didn't see any police or troops on it during 2 days of usage 

Dude, your scale of what feels "tense" must be different to mine!

If police and troops are necessary at any tourist sites that I might feel like visiting, or bag searches at shops then Im staying home, 'voting with my feet' as it were.

3 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Dude, your scale of what feels "tense" must be different to mine!

If police and troops are necessary at any tourist sites that I might feel like visiting, or bag searches at shops then Im staying home, 'voting with my feet' as it were.

I grew up in Northern Ireland during the worst of the troubles 

My girlfriend is English and was a bit spooked seeing troops on the streets, was a normal part of my life for 30 years so I barely noticed 

11 minutes ago, Malthus said:

I grew up in Northern Ireland during the worst of the troubles 

My girlfriend is English and was a bit spooked seeing troops on the streets, was a normal part of my life for 30 years so I barely noticed 

I can see troops on the streets becoming normalised right across Europe, including the UK. 

Madness to thing that this problem is an imported one so one we didn't need to expose ourselves to.