Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus August onwards 2020 (Part 4)


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, invalid said:

 

Surely delaying the inevitable is all that they (the government) are aiming to achieve?

Or is the point that the majority of the public don't get this and think we can 'beat' the virus with lockdowns?

I think the majority of NPCs think whatever the government says we have to do, is what is required to 'beat the virus' and they are also holding out hope for the arrival of our lord and saviour, 'The Vaccine'.

There are signs that opinion is changing very slightly, especially in the kulak class of small businesses, which is probably why the government and global elites seem hell bent on destroying them. On BBC R5 this morning there was a hairdresser from Northern Ireland who was almost in tears over the loss of her  business because of lockdown. She added 'in Northern Ireland it's all political but I don't want to get into that here.'

I think anyone who is seriously affected by this - ie, business owners - and not retired boomers or state employees/bennie recipients - is beginning to get very angry.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It isn't that easy to ignore care homes.  I've looked after both my parents and then just my mum (both with dementia) for the last eight years.  A couple of months ago my mum fell in the living room,

So........i've volunteered for the vaccine trials for Covid-19 which apparently were made by a Russian Pharmaceutical company 😳. I  received my first shot and wanted to let everyone know that it’

I think this is not quite true, but it is the key thing in all of this. I would like to see a more detailed comparison, but the impression I have is that the new disease is about 3 or 4 times mor

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I consider this regime in power now to be no different to that of Ceaucescu or Enver Hoxha. Even the Hungarians had the spirit to stand up to the Russians in 1956

----

and for sure those in charge in Russia then would always be saying through their media that everything they did was always for the benefit of the Hungarian people.

Edited by twocents
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, twocents said:

----

and for sure those in charge in Russia then would always be saying through their media that everything they did was always for the benefit of the Hungarian people.

Although the '56 uprising did not oust the Russians it did result in better treatment - Hungary was known as the 'happiest barrack' with the best living conditions of all the Soviet satellite states, because Moscow didn't want to risk another confrontation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I concluded after today's announcements that this government is at war with its people. That has been fairly clear for some time.

That would not be such a problem if the people chose to reject it - the war would be over in days if not hours.

The trouble is the people in the main, accept it and want more of it. The gym rebellion in Liverpool is, hopefully a tiny chink of light at the end of a long dark tunnel, but it is going to be very long and very dark. 

I consider this regime in power now to be no different to that of Ceaucescu or Enver Hoxha. Even the Hungarians had the spirit to stand up to the Russians in 1956, but we are just a bunch of terrified Eloi performing ever more bizarre ceremonies in the hope of appeasing the Covid gods.

They've seen what happened in Victoria IMO and that's the approach they want to take, knowing that there was no international condemnation, including from the strangely silent - on this issue - human rights organisations.

Your point is absolutely correct as there is no attempt to justify the measures; no apology, no appeal to wartime spirit, in fact barely even any announcement. Just, this is how it's going to be, suck it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going for herd immunity in the Swiss canton of Schwyz, it seems.... (by accident!)

A yodelling concert was enough to do the job! xD  Notice in that canton masks in shops not a requirement.

50% of tests are currently positive! 

https://www.rts.ch/info/regions/autres-cantons/11680346-lhopital-de-schwyz-sature-apres-un-concert-de-yodel-superpropagateur.html


A yodelling concert, 600 spectators, no mask and a few contaminated people: nothing more was needed to make the canton of Schwyz the most affected region in Switzerland. The cantonal hospital is close to saturating and is sounding the alarm.
The facts happened at the end of September during a musical comedy version yodeling. In total, 600 people attended the various performances during which social distances were respected, but where the mask was not compulsory.

"What happened with this yodeling group, we can't help it. We learned nine days after the performances that several people in the troupe were infected. From there, we couldn't. control the chain of contamination ", explains the organizer, Beat Hegner.

Result: 1,100 people are now infected with Covid-19 in the canton of Schwyz. The region has even become the most affected in Switzerland with an incidence of 408 cases per 100,000 inhabitants.

The hospital close to saturation
The management of the cantonal hospital is sounding the alarm. The establishment is filling up more and more every day and saturation is looming.

"The proportion of positive tests is extremely high. We have gone from 30% to 50%. One in two people test positive", worries the director Franziska Föllmi.

On Wednesday morning, the cantonal authorities reported 94 new positive cases, more than double the previous day. Thursday, 119 additional cases were counted.

Faced with this explosion of cases, the Schwyz hospital has therefore decided to speak directly to the population in a video posted on its website. "It is time for you, the population, to react. Wear masks, stop partying," asks Franziska Föllmi.


Mask required, except in stores
On Monday, the cantonal government made the wearing of masks compulsory for all public and private events of more than 50 people from October 16.

But unlike other heavily affected cantons, facial protection is still not mandatory in stores.

Cédrinne Vergain and Christine Brunner / jfe

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think anyone who is seriously affected by this - ie, business owners - and not retired boomers or state employees/bennie recipients - is beginning to get very angry.

 

After the conversation I have just had with the bloke who has had his small business of twenty years go under this week I think you are quite right.

Conversation struck up as he was having his classic 70's Volvo loaded into a trailer, along with all the other things he is selling.

I'd gone over to admire the car and was going to take a pic for the car spotting thread - which I obviously didn't.

This sort of thing must be happening across the country everywhere by now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Going for herd immunity in the Swiss canton of Schwyz, it seems.... (by accident!)

A yodelling concert was enough to do the job! xD  Notice in that canton masks in shops not a requirement.

50% of tests are currently positive! 

 

I said very early on that SARS was a freak spreader, I suppose it was only noticed in SARS because of exceptional and recognisable spreading events and rare recognisable disease considered a threat, in reality nobody had actually looked how flu and colds were spreading the real world beyond very basic transmission models. Also mentioned how I thought it could become systemic with enough carriers and virus around generally to infect pretty much everybody.  Yodelling, another added to the list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

After the conversation I have just had with the bloke who has had his small business of twenty years go under this week I think you are quite right.

Conversation struck up as he was having his classic 70's Volvo loaded into a trailer, along with all the other things he is selling.

I'd gone over to admire the car and was going to take a pic for the car spotting thread - which I obviously didn't.

This sort of thing must be happening across the country everywhere by now.

I think the Scouse gymnasia rebels are pivotal here.

If their rebellion gains traction, it could spread to other businesses. Once small shops, bars etc start ignoring the regulations, the whole thing collapses.

If the government manages to crush it, others will be less likely to try it again.

I just hope that the big libertarian lawyers etc are behind this. They have already raised a huge amount of money, so hopefully the big guns are starting to mobilise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, twocents said:

Hancock is on BBC radio now.  Giving the same answer to every question

Somebody or something has done a very effective brainwashing job on him.

Now he's trying to pass it on.

 

 

He has a constant vacant expression; there is absolutely nothing there, just a shell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uptherebels said:

What does Andy Burnham want? 

I think they should lift all restrictions up there, and see how they get on for a few weeks.

Burnham is a purely political animal, opposition is easy, ask yourself if Labour was in power what would it do?

Herd immunity, don't think so, keep pubs open, don't think so, shut universities, don't think so.

In fact, the reality is, it would probably be exactly the same.

Talk is cheap and Burnham (plucked eyebrows and mascara) is a pro.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting thoroughly pissed off with how the government and SAGE are presenting this virus now.  Having Essex County Council decide we should move to Tier 2 when we have fuck all (3 in 7 days) cases locally really pisses me off too.  I might have to take a break from the Corona news over the weekend. 

image.thumb.png.3a453ae9eca2538348a50674e3966c75.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PaulParanoia said:

I'm getting thoroughly pissed off with how the government and SAGE are presenting this virus now.  Having Essex County Council decide we should move to Tier 2 when we have fuck all (3 in 7 days) cases locally really pisses me off too.  I might have to take a break from the Corona news over the weekend. 

image.thumb.png.3a453ae9eca2538348a50674e3966c75.png

The analysis is just all so basic. Because the metric is "died within 28 days of testing positive for coronavirus" then the death count will rise as a function of the number of people being tested. It is self-fulfilling...and they know it!

600k people per year die in the UK and if they can get a sizeable proportion of those who are on death's door to take a test and for it to be (false) positive, then they get the outcome they are after. To save face they have to have a high death count now, by reality or through statistical sleight of hand. It will be due to the latter but will be presented as the former.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think the Scouse gymnasia rebels are pivotal here.

If their rebellion gains traction, it could spread to other businesses. Once small shops, bars etc start ignoring the regulations, the whole thing collapses.

If the government manages to crush it, others will be less likely to try it again.

I just hope that the big libertarian lawyers etc are behind this. They have already raised a huge amount of money, so hopefully the big guns are starting to mobilise.

Exactly.. There are simply not enough police/officials to visit every shop, especially if each business owner stalls them and delays them each time.

Mass civil disobedience is the way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the gardener said:

Exactly.. There are simply not enough police/officials to visit every shop, especially if each business owner stalls them and delays them each time.

Mass civil disobedience is the way. 

Not necessarily. There's a big risk it can be strangled at birth, and believe me the powers that be will know they have got to do that to keep a lid on things.

I don't normally appeal for money on here but anyone concerned about this ought to chip in for their legal fees on crowdfunding as they are going to need it, even if they fail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...