DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus August onwards 2020 (Part 4)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It isn't that easy to ignore care homes.  I've looked after both my parents and then just my mum (both with dementia) for the last eight years.  A couple of months ago my mum fell in the living room,

So........i've volunteered for the vaccine trials for Covid-19 which apparently were made by a Russian Pharmaceutical company 😳. I  received my first shot and wanted to let everyone know that it’

I think this is not quite true, but it is the key thing in all of this. I would like to see a more detailed comparison, but the impression I have is that the new disease is about 3 or 4 times mor

Posted Images

Keep pointing out all the statistics to Mrs Chewy, she has just been going on about the anti-lockdown bad people.

Reminded her that Masks=0.3% effective, deaths with Covid 0.03% and no worse than normal, average age 82.5.

I'm still a bad person, for pointing it out.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Keep pointing out all the statistics to Mrs Chewy, she has just been going on about the anti-lockdown bad people.

Reminded her that Masks=0.3% effective, deaths with Covid 0.03% and no worse than normal, average age 82.5.

Keep it up. The truth will set her free in the end.

On 20/11/2020 at 04:45, JoeDavola said:

Well the word on my whatsapp chat is that this new lockdown is the right thing to do and they should have had us on total lockdown since May of this year with no let off ... “no half measures”.

Yes. People want a complete lockdown until the vaccine comes.

Suggest to them that if they want to be locked down for 6 months, then they can report to their local jail. Quite easy really.

I hate to be that guy who keeps quoting the mail, but establishment infighting like this can only be a good thing!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8973737/Fury-government-uses-Twitter-propaganda-tool-attack-Mails-covid-analysis.html

Big Brother fury as the government uses Twitter as a propaganda tool to attack the Mail's coronavirus analysis

8 minutes ago, apples said:

I hate to be that guy who keeps quoting the mail, but establishment infighting like this can only be a good thing!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8973737/Fury-government-uses-Twitter-propaganda-tool-attack-Mails-covid-analysis.html

Big Brother fury as the government uses Twitter as a propaganda tool to attack the Mail's coronavirus analysis

The government have not a clue what to do next, and don't want to admit it. People believe idiocy on Twitter, that would be seen as misinformation anywhere else, so maybe the government should not be seen to Twit.

Also I think the DM is just confirimg what people are ACTUALLY seeing, rather that Tik-Tok videos of dead lying in the street, in some unidentifiable Chinese town.

Edited by MrPin
8 minutes ago, apples said:

No actual facts questioned  by the DOH, just nonsensical propaganda. They are just damaging there own narrative now. Long may it continue.

10 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

So what did you marry her for?...her good looks? :-)))

23 minutes ago, MrPin said:

The government have not a clue what to do next, and don't want to admit it. People believe idiocy on Twitter, that would be seen as misinformation anywhere else, so maybe the government should not be seen to Twit.

Also I think the DM is just confirimg what people are ACTUALLY seeing, rather that Tik-Tok videos of dead lying in the street, in some unidentifiable Chinese town.

The government are bordering on losing total confidence of the public. The best thing Boris et al could do is admit they overreacted/mismanaged the situation and move forward with a Swedish type approach of 'encouragement', thus reinstating the public's respect/trust and their support. Instead they lack the courage to do such a thing and think they can 'hoodwink' the public who can see straight through it and the contradictions. Add to this the additional sideshows i.e. Priti/Cummings and if we had an election tomorrow they would be in dire straits; this said, the opposition are no better, with Starmer just being an opportunist. The longer this facade continues  (hopefully) the more likely we are to get a  restructuring of the whole political landscape, as the current incumbments (whatever colour) have show they are not worthy (or capable) of running this country on OUR behalf....either this or a pitiful existence for all under a oppressive system with limited civil liberties.

18 hours ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I think there's a sceptical faction at the DM. They've run some sensible covid stories pretty much throughout but their bread and butter is scaremongering. I think the penny has dropped for the majority now and so there will be a race to be sceptical. 

The so called had a programme about lockdown 1, I've not been able to watch it yet due my VPN having trouble but from the headlines it generated it is clear that SAGE were full of shit from day 1. Which a lot of us knew anyway. 

I managed to watch part of the lockdown 1 programme. It wasn't as hard hitting or critical as I thought it would be from the headlines. 

8 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

The government are bordering on losing total confidence of the public. The best thing Boris et al could do is admit they overreacted/mismanaged the situation and move forward with a Swedish type approach of 'encouragement', thus reinstating the public's respect/trust and their support.

Yes, maybe some of his back benchers will force this?

Just now, MrPin said:

Yes, maybe some of his back benchers will force this?

I thought the mask wearing would be the face saving climb down they required. Force people to wear masks, even though they're not effective then allow things to return to normal but with mask wearing. There would be a natural reduction in mask wearing until in about 1 years time people realised that no one was wearing a mask but there were fuck all cases of covid. 

Sadly not, they doubled down on the stupidity with lockdown 2. 

29 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

The best thing Boris et al could do is admit they overreacted/mismanaged the situation and move forward with a Swedish type approach of 'encouragement', thus reinstating the public's respect/trust and their support.

This is the problem with politicians- they never like to admit they are wrong because they think it is a sign of bad leadership. They need to learn that you can form new opinions if there is substantial new evidence.

25 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

If this is true, then it’s far from over.

normal a life as possible while the Government's vaccine programme gets started

ByChristopher Hope, CHIEF POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT21 November 2020 • 9:00pm

People are set to be given "freedom passes" to allow them to live as normal a life as possible as long as they have two negative coronavirus tests a week, under a plan to get the country back to normal next year.  

Under the scheme, which is still being developed by Whitehall officials, people could be given the passes as long as they can show they have been regularly tested for Covid-19.

People who are found to be Covid-free would be given a card, a letter or document that can be stored on their phone to show they can move around. Regular tests would be needed to ensure that they qualify for the certificates.

A freedom passport would help the nation return to a more normal life, without social distancing rules and restrictions  CREDIT: iStockphoto 

A source familiar with the plans said that the scheme would allow people to lead as normal a life as possible while the Government's vaccine programme gets up to speed on a mass scale early in the new year.

The source said: "They will allow someone to wander down the streets, and if someone else asks why they are not wearing a mask, they can show the card, letter or an App."

The source added that the passes would allow people "to see their family, and normal social distancing rules will not apply".

The plan has already received the backing of Jeremy Hunt, the former Health Secretary, who last week said he supported "offering people who comply with testing and isolation requirements a 'freedom pass' that removes the requirement to follow lockdown regulations".

Mr Hunt also urged Boris Johnson to set an Easter deadline to return to a more normal life through mass testing with rapid home testing kits, even if vaccines have not come through by then.

Mr Hunt has been urging the Government to go further and give people an incentive to be tested by allowing them “to go out, shop and go to work” if they test negative.

The Government will have to be carrying out millions of tests a day for the freedom pass scheme to work.

Ministers have been making steady progress so far, with the Government successfully hitting its target of being able to carry out 500,000 coronavirus tests a day across the UK by the end of last month.

A report in the British Medical Journal in September claimed that ministers were hoping to be carrying out up to 10 million Covid-19 tests a day by early next year as part of a £100 billion expansion of its national testing programme.

If achieved, the programme would allow testing of the entire UK population per week.

A similar scheme to the freedom passes was first mooted in April when ministers were said to be looking at issuing immunity certificates to people who have developed resistance to coronavirus.

Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, said: “(An immunity certificate) is an important thing that we will be doing and are looking at but it’s too early in the science of the immunity that comes from having had the disease.”

“It’s too early in that science to be able to put clarity around that. I wish that we could but the reason that we can’t is because the science isn’t yet advanced enough.”

That same month the World Health Organisation (WHO) warned governments against issuing “immunity passports” to people who have been infected as their accuracy could not be guaranteed.

The WHO said issuing the certificates could inspire false confidence and increase the risk of spreading the virus. People who have recovered may ignore advice about taking precautions against the virus.

On Saturday night a Department for Health and Social Care spokesman said that guidance on infection and control measures was "constantly under review to ensure we can return to normality as soon as possible while controlling the spread of the viru

45 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I thought the mask wearing would be the face saving climb down they required. Force people to wear masks, even though they're not effective then allow things to return to normal but with mask wearing. There would be a natural reduction in mask wearing until in about 1 years time people realised that no one was wearing a mask but there were fuck all cases of covid. 

Sadly not, they doubled down on the stupidity with lockdown 2. 

and 'new' tier announcement this morning to be 'voted' (read signed off by sheep MP's) next week....as a 'price to pay' because "you all wanted a normal Christmas"....since when have i had to 'pay' for wanting simple civil liberties....the 12 month anniversary is not far off....people need to use this date to reflect on this, how their civil liberties have change in such a short period of time, and then demand (not ask/appeal for) their reinstatement before it is too late!

5 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

normal a life as possible while the Government's vaccine programme gets started

ByChristopher Hope, CHIEF POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT21 November 2020 • 9:00pm

People are set to be given "freedom passes" to allow them to live as normal a life as possible as long as they have two negative coronavirus tests a week, under a plan to get the country back to normal next year.  

Under the scheme, which is still being developed by Whitehall officials, people could be given the passes as long as they can show they have been regularly tested for Covid-19.

People who are found to be Covid-free would be given a card, a letter or document that can be stored on their phone to show they can move around. Regular tests would be needed to ensure that they qualify for the certificates.

A freedom passport would help the nation return to a more normal life, without social distancing rules and restrictions  CREDIT: iStockphoto 

A source familiar with the plans said that the scheme would allow people to lead as normal a life as possible while the Government's vaccine programme gets up to speed on a mass scale early in the new year.

The source said: "They will allow someone to wander down the streets, and if someone else asks why they are not wearing a mask, they can show the card, letter or an App."

The source added that the passes would allow people "to see their family, and normal social distancing rules will not apply".

The plan has already received the backing of Jeremy Hunt, the former Health Secretary, who last week said he supported "offering people who comply with testing and isolation requirements a 'freedom pass' that removes the requirement to follow lockdown regulations".

Mr Hunt also urged Boris Johnson to set an Easter deadline to return to a more normal life through mass testing with rapid home testing kits, even if vaccines have not come through by then.

Mr Hunt has been urging the Government to go further and give people an incentive to be tested by allowing them “to go out, shop and go to work” if they test negative.

The Government will have to be carrying out millions of tests a day for the freedom pass scheme to work.

Ministers have been making steady progress so far, with the Government successfully hitting its target of being able to carry out 500,000 coronavirus tests a day across the UK by the end of last month.

A report in the British Medical Journal in September claimed that ministers were hoping to be carrying out up to 10 million Covid-19 tests a day by early next year as part of a £100 billion expansion of its national testing programme.

If achieved, the programme would allow testing of the entire UK population per week.

A similar scheme to the freedom passes was first mooted in April when ministers were said to be looking at issuing immunity certificates to people who have developed resistance to coronavirus.

Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, said: “(An immunity certificate) is an important thing that we will be doing and are looking at but it’s too early in the science of the immunity that comes from having had the disease.”

“It’s too early in that science to be able to put clarity around that. I wish that we could but the reason that we can’t is because the science isn’t yet advanced enough.”

That same month the World Health Organisation (WHO) warned governments against issuing “immunity passports” to people who have been infected as their accuracy could not be guaranteed.

The WHO said issuing the certificates could inspire false confidence and increase the risk of spreading the virus. People who have recovered may ignore advice about taking precautions against the virus.

On Saturday night a Department for Health and Social Care spokesman said that guidance on infection and control measures was "constantly under review to ensure we can return to normality as soon as possible while controlling the spread of the viru

Meanwhile cases continue to fall.