DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Landlords must reveal if tenants they try to evict have been affected by coronavirus - or the case can be thrown out of court

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-8623319/Landlords-reveal-tenants-affected-coronavirus-trying-evict-them.html

Landlords must reveal if tenants they try to evict have been affected by coronavirus - or the case can be thrown out of court

However, new measures quietly announced by the Government last month mean that the process of gaining possession of their property via the courts will not be the same as before the pandemic.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't know what to make of that. Still it was the DM.

It's on Property Wire etc.

https://www.propertywire.com/news/landlords-evicting-tenants-must-reveal-if-tenants-have-been-affected-by-covid-19/

I'm in two minds about it. I want BTL landlords to be fucked over, but on the other hand I'm mindful that the inept Boris government could easily apply similar sanctions to my business or countless others, and there'd be no comeback.

And despite the popular opinion, I seem to remember reading that the vast majority of BTL landlords only have 1 or perhaps 2 properties.

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-8623319/Landlords-reveal-tenants-affected-coronavirus-trying-evict-them.html

Is there anyone in the UK, nay the entire planet, who has not been "affected" by coronavirus? Has certainly changed my own life in many ways.

8 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Is there anyone in the UK, nay the entire planet, who has not been "affected" by coronavirus? Has certainly changed my own life in many ways.

Quite.

Define "affected by".  

Maybe somebody who has spent the last six months on a nuclear sub would be "unaffected by" but I struggle to come up with other examples.

An online trader whose business has been boosted by lockdown is still "affected".

17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Quite.

Define "affected by".  

Maybe somebody who has spent the last six months on a nuclear sub would be "unaffected by" but I struggle to come up with other examples.

An online trader whose business has been boosted by lockdown is still "affected".

On a point of pedantry I’ve experienced effects of that nature but it has affected me very minimally, and I’m not the only one out there, but it is largely how the chips fell with being in the right sector/products.

I can’t say exactly how I’d feel if I was an employee furloughed, whose movement was restricted to one hour’s exercise and incessant dog walking, but I don’t tend to get too phased by stuff although I’d certainly consider it a severely suboptimal existence.

The Government has said that landlords will have to carry out additional processes if they want to evict a tenant.

These will include having to submit any relevant information in their claim about how a tenant's circumstances have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic - and a judge will be able to suspend the proceedings if the information is not provided.

The new procedures will take effect after the end of the current evictions ban on August 23. 

Why only CV19 and not regular flu or any other serious illness for that matter.

For some people a bad case of regular flu can have similar health consequences to CV19.

Edited by twocents
1 hour ago, SNACR said:

On a point of pedantry I’ve experienced effects of that nature but it has affected me very minimally, and I’m not the only one out there, but it is largely how the chips fell with being in the right sector/products.

I can’t say exactly how I’d feel if I was an employee furloughed, whose movement was restricted to one hour’s exercise and incessant dog walking, but I don’t tend to get too phased by stuff although I’d certainly consider it a severely suboptimal existence.

Ah that's handy as I have been worried about losing my pedantry club membership through lack of use. I think you mean fazed.

2 hours ago, spunko said:

LL- Have you been affected by C19?

Note the use of of the word 'affected' Ive been affected, I had to queue to get in supermarket.

Tenant - yes.

Same thing Ive been saying on TOS for years - banks should never got into gormless BTL as they do not understand the economic and political risks.

A repayment OO mortgage is nowhere the same as an IO BTL (commercial) loan.

And IO BTL is nothing more than the a commercial bridging loan. And should be priced accordingly.

2 hours ago, spunko said:

https://www.propertywire.com/news/landlords-evicting-tenants-must-reveal-if-tenants-have-been-affected-by-covid-19/

I'm in two minds about it. I want BTL landlords to be fucked over, but on the other hand I'm mindful that the inept Boris government could easily apply similar sanctions to my business or countless others, and there'd be no comeback.

And despite the popular opinion, I seem to remember reading that the vast majority of BTL landlords only have 1 or perhaps 2 properties.

UKGOV has to do nothing diretc now.

Its down to the banks, to decide if they still want to lend ot LLs on the stupid cheap underpriced IO BTL loans.

Removal of evictions means the bank cannot take possession of the house in a short time, which means its starts to marking the loan down as impaired.

Surprised no one picked up on this last week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53729400

A new loan scheme for tenants with rent arrears due to coronavirus has been launched by the Welsh Government.

The £8m Tenant Saver Loan Scheme is for private sector tenants who are not on benefits.

It will not apply to those who were in significant rental arrears before March - when lockdown began.

Housing Minister Julie James said she hoped the scheme would "stop many thousands of people" from being evicted.

She told a news conference it was "hard to put actual numbers" on how many people may seek to benefit from the scheme.

Plaid Cymru said the initiative was "long overdue", while the Conservatives said the coronavirus pandemic had been a wake-up for the Welsh Government to end homelessness.

Once the loan is accepted, the money will be paid directly to the landlord or agent and tenants will be able to pay back the amount over five years.

The APR level (Annual Percentage Rate) of interest on the loan will be 1%, ministers said, and there will be no maximum amount but the scheme will cover rent arrears only.

The scheme will be managed by the Wales Council for Voluntary Action and be delivered via credit unions.

Putting aside 'key worker' whatever that is, the accent that I cant place .Oz?

https://theglobalherald.com/news/renters-at-risk-of-covid-evictions-after-ban-ends-itv-news/

This is what banks and LL face.

She really should not be in London, like millions of others.

The best thing that could happen to renters is housign benefit to be capped at 400/m.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Putting aside 'key worker' whatever that is, the accent that I cant place .Oz?

https://theglobalherald.com/news/renters-at-risk-of-covid-evictions-after-ban-ends-itv-news/

This is what banks and LL face.

She really should not be in London, like millions of others.

The best thing that could happen to renters is housign benefit to be capped at 400/m.

Sounds like an Afrikaaner to me.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

They most definitely were "affected" by it. They were tried by the media and found guilty of ignoring social distancing rules when they surfaced and had a barbecue to celebrate their safe return.

26 minutes ago, spygirl said:

UKGOV has to do nothing diretc now.

Its down to the banks, to decide if they still want to lend ot LLs on the stupid cheap underpriced IO BTL loans.

Removal of evictions means the bank cannot take possession of the house in a short time, which means its starts to marking the loan down as impaired.

Yes..   provided they don’t expect us to print money to buy up their dodgy loan books again.

6 hours ago, Funn3r said:

It was fantastic for me, kept all the scummers indoors and off the streets whilst i as a key worker had total free movement, i was even given paperwork to show the police if i was stopped.

There was only 1 thing i used to do that was stopped and that was swimming at the local pool, but i'd had enough pool time to last me a lifetime so was no big deal. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
7 hours ago, SNACR said:

Colleagues who worked through have admitted they have been gradually getting the picture as every returning employee has, without conferring, described furlough as "shit". 

10 hours ago, spunko said:

I doubt fucking your business over will limit tenants being evicted to stop a flood of empty properties coming to market and driving house prices down. Therefore you have little to worry about.