DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Wars and reccessions always come together

macca

I've said before... ''they'' now realise there's no need to go to all the trouble of having a war in order to enslave a population and further enrich themselves.

With the financialization of just about everything they can get all the benefits of a war without having to leave the comfort of their own country simply by turning their own population into compliant, obedient debt slaves.

In fact far from invading third world countries they now invite the populations of those third world countries to come here en masse as part of their grand plan.

2 hours ago, Royston said:

ith the financialization of just about everything they can get all the benefits of a war without having to leave the comfort of their own country simply by turning their own population into compliant, obedient debt slaves

Well in the UK half the population are debt slave and following Covid the other half just appear to be obedient!

17 hours ago, macca said:

Are the rich lining us up for another war? 

Civil war?

Doesn't it need to be a hot war to feed money into the politico-military-industrial complex enrichment system?
Our hitting each other over the head with sticks and shovels in the street during a civil war is only going to boost garden centres.

sancho panza
On 19/08/2020 at 08:41, MrXxxx said:

Well in the UK half the population are debt slave and following Covid the other half just appear to be obedient!

recent polling has English Independence at 49% yes 51% no.Scots at 55% yes,45% no.Wales 32% yes 68% no.

UK is heading for break up.Nationalism/Isolationism rising worldwide.

sancho panza
On 19/08/2020 at 03:26, macca said:

Civil war? 

History shows wars and recessions tend to come at the same time.. 

https://m.economictimes.com/news/economy/policy/is-war-a-solution-to-global-recession/articleshow/3897164.cms

Steve keen-I'm loosely quoting here-said in 2009

'The Great depression ended after ten years with World War two.'

SImple statement but right in many ways.

Bad times are coming.

13 hours ago, Nippy said:

Doesn't it need to be a hot war to feed money into the politico-military-industrial complex enrichment system?
Our hitting each other over the head with sticks and shovels in the street during a civil war is only going to boost garden centres.

I think I agree: the traditional model is that there needs to be a lot of destruction, particularly destruction that costs a lot to achieve. That way, the companies that provide the materiel for the devastation, and those that do the rebuilding afterwards can all make out like bandits (as general Butler describes). Those companies of course are politically connected, in some classically corrupt manner, so know in advance that they will get the contracts and the profits; while the hoi polloi bear the costs in money and blood and tears.

Sorry to repeat what you already know.

Where I am slightly more hopeful this time around is that there is already a need for massive infrastructure spending: on new energy systems and networks, to repair roads (and in the US especially, bridges and dams), and to get our internet infrastructure up to snuff (particularly as we decouple from China). It might just be possible that there is enough graft there for the well-connected companies without actually massacring a generation this time around. I think this is a possible corollary of @DurhamBorn's famous thesis. (That thesis runs on to nastier outcomes later on, though, with much of our economy effectively nationalised over the next 10 years; and then when the threat of hyperinflation raises its head at the end of this decade, nowhere positive to turn).

What makes me less optimistic about the near future is that Mike Pompeo has already declared a cold war on China, and trade wars often get hotter than expected. Joe Biden is also making similar noises, so this is a direction of travel independent of the result of November's election. Regional tensions are already present with India, Taiwan, and various other neighbours. For China, failure of trade could actually mean starvation, so there is enormous potential for a hot war for resources if the regime does not fail first. There will be a lot of complexity in the process of decoupling supply chains and bringing manufacturing "home" again, and therefore a lot of potential for political missteps. Africa could also feel the screws tightening more and more, as China's de facto empire on that continent gets exploited more stringently, so an ever more massive influx of refugees/illegal immigrants could be another way in which Europe gets sucked into the fray.

The role of Russia is very interesting: they have borders with both Europe and China, so will have to tread very carefully. It may be they align covertly with the West, where many of their historical ties are. Without the intervening history of the Soviet Union, I would have thought that guaranteed, but the white Russians all left, or were killed (or both). In this context, @Cattle Prod tells a fascinating story about the cold war. Apparently, throughout this period, Russia continued, without any interruption, to supply gas to western Europe. Russia needed the hard currency, particularly to buy uranium and other components for nuclear weapons (!). In any event, the commercial ties between Russia and the West are strong, and whatever else you say about them, Russians tend to be reliable businessmen (if you treat them fairly). I've liked all the Russians I have worked with: intelligent, hard-working and with a distinctly European outlook on life. DB's friend has suggested that we may see Russia and Japan supplying military technology or know-how, on the quiet, to India, to balance the powers in that region, and keep China occupied.

All interesting games, but very, very perilous for the wider world, I would imagine. Stay safe.

1 hour ago, BurntBread said:

@Cattle Prod tells a fascinating story about the cold war. Apparently, throughout this period, Russia continued, without any interruption, to supply gas to western Europe.

In the 1960s, the Soviet Union also supplied the titanium to develop the SR-71 spy plane, which the Soviet Union would then try to shoot down! It's like a game.

My friends theory is Bill Gates is trying to kill us.. :Jumping:

Bill has said a new virus will hit us in September.

Bill is against overpopulation, so it seems strange his keen interest in creating vaccines that save peoples lives? He has been making and testing vaccines in Africa with reports of fertility problems once people receive them..  

https://www.typeinvestigations.org/investigation/2020/05/12/the-long-strange-history-of-bill-gates-population-control-conspiracy-theories/

The prestigious journal Nature Medicine, in its February issue reported that the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is to do a clinical trial of a tetanus toxoid vaccine (TT) laced with a pregnancy hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). It is to be studied on 120 women.

This “vaccine” against pregnancy was developed by Dr G.P. Talwar in 1972. The idea is to produce antibodies to the pregnancy hormone, such that the women would not be able to carry a normal pregnancy. Women who were pregnant would abort and those not pregnant would be rendered infertile. The report is indeed disturbing. A few months earlier an article entitled “HCG Found in WHO Tetanus Vaccine in Kenya Raises Concern in the Developing World” was published by Oller and colleagues in the Open Access Library Journal.

On 19/08/2020 at 02:26, macca said:

Civil war? 

History shows wars and recessions tend to come at the same time.. 

https://m.economictimes.com/news/economy/policy/is-war-a-solution-to-global-recession/articleshow/3897164.cms

There are a few small minority groups in the UK who have 90% plus of government media support such as the BBC and who are whinging and whinning every second of every day. Wake up this morning to find Rule Britannia now on the fascist hate list and banned, while next to that story yet again  and for the 1000th time some Islamic c*** being praised for being the first person wearing a hijab  who did blah blah blah, who gives a f***.

There is large struggling population in the UK that never openly complain in the UK who work their bolloxs off, pay taxes, take responsibility for their kids and their own actions, they care for their own families and friends and who have no concept of "the begging bowl" mentality, in fact people using welfare for the first time in 25 plus years are usually walked all over by a system used to supporting professional never working victims who know all the tricks.

There are many law abiding  do as they are told real British people who are on the edge of erupting and fighting  back, I think the UK is now on the verge of hitting back and telling the likes of BLM and antifa to go f*** themselves and all the virtual signalers with them. I suspect we are going to get a new political party soon who are going to pander the silent majority, I am not sure if that is a good thing yet, but totally understandable.

Taking the UK back is going to messy, but so be it

sancho panza
On 25/08/2020 at 07:40, haroldshand said:

There are a few small minority groups in the UK who have 90% plus of government media support such as the BBC and who are whinging and whinning every second of every day. Wake up this morning to find Rule Britannia now on the fascist hate list and banned, while next to that story yet again  and for the 1000th time some Islamic c*** being praised for being the first person wearing a hijab  who did blah blah blah, who gives a f***.

There is large struggling population in the UK that never openly complain in the UK who work their bolloxs off, pay taxes, take responsibility for their kids and their own actions, they care for their own families and friends and who have no concept of "the begging bowl" mentality, in fact people using welfare for the first time in 25 plus years are usually walked all over by a system used to supporting professional never working victims who know all the tricks.

There are many law abiding  do as they are told real British people who are on the edge of erupting and fighting  back, I think the UK is now on the verge of hitting back and telling the likes of BLM and antifa to go f*** themselves and all the virtual signalers with them. I suspect we are going to get a new political party soon who are going to pander the silent majority, I am not sure if that is a good thing yet, but totally understandable.

Taking the UK back is going to messy, but so be it

I think you're right ,there's a vacuum in British politics.I have noone to vote for at the mo(Farage's various proitest parties don't count as he now stands down for the Tories and ergo,he's on their team,not ours)

Archived