Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Netflix's Cuties - is this wrong?


Recommended Posts

I noticed that someone posted the following comment below the below Cuties promo on YouTube:

Quote

After reading the movie description I thought to myself: Complimenting a women is "objectification" but sexualizing a CHILD is "femininity"?

 

and:

Quote

This looks more like an advertisement for “Epstein & Maxwell exotic island holiday tours, Pty.Ltd."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can only see pictures of 4 fat burds with tats! 

Except it's usually the mother's pushing their daughters into these things to satisfy their own ego.

Yes, it's vicarious gratification, hoping her daughter will be crowned most beautiful as she was pig-ugly in her youth. Same as dad pushing his son through the footballing ranks, because his fat

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

 

 

Netflix has a number of images for every film on it’s books and uses whichever is most likely to appeal to a given user based on their previous selections.

https://netflixtechblog.com/artwork-personalization-c589f074ad76

Edit: which is to say, if Netflix is showing you “over-sexualised” images, it’s probably because that’s the kind of thing you tend to click on. :o

Edited by Hail the Tripod
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

Netflix has a number of images for every film on it’s books and uses whichever is most likely to appeal to a given user based on their previous selections.

 

My question - and presumably my point - has gone over your head. Let me explain better.

Netflix is screening a production about an 11 year old girl who joins a highly sexualised dancing group - twerking no less - in order to empower herself. Is this not Netflix promoting the sexualisation of children?

I don't have any children so I can't comment on what parents will think of this film.

I think it is pretty disturbing but maybe I am wrong. Maybe parents will think it perfectly OK? The only responses I have seen so far... on twitter, on youtube comments below the above video promo I posted, on comments below articles about this film, seem to be from people who think this is a pretty vile film and pretty vile of Netflix.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

 

My question - and presumably my point - has gone over your head. Let me explain better.

Netflix is screening a production about an 11 year old girl who joins a highly sexualised dancing group - twerking no less - in order to empower herself. Is this not Netflix promoting the sexualisation of children?

I don't have any children so I can't comment on what parents will think of this film.

I think it is pretty disturbing but maybe I am wrong. Maybe parents will think it perfectly OK? The only responses I have seen so far... on twitter, on youtube comments below the above video promo I posted, on comments below articles about this film, seem to be from people who think this is a pretty vile film and pretty vile of Netflix.

No. I understood, I just knew about the thumbnail customisation and thought it was interesting and relevant to the twitter comment you posted.

WRT, the main point of the OP: The regional cheerleading championships are held at Guildford Spectrum at the same time as a major county swimming event so I see kids running around and practising in this kind of get-up once a year. Yes, I do find it a bit distasteful, and if I had daughters I wouldn’t be too keen. However the kids themselves seem to love it. There are many worse things in the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

My question - and presumably my point - has gone over your head. Let me explain better.

Netflix is screening a production about an 11 year old girl who joins a highly sexualised dancing group - twerking no less - in order to empower herself. Is this not Netflix promoting the sexualisation of children?

I don't have any children so I can't comment on what parents will think of this film.

I think it is pretty disturbing but maybe I am wrong. Maybe parents will think it perfectly OK? The only responses I have seen so far... on twitter, on youtube comments below the above video promo I posted, on comments below articles about this film, seem to be from people who think this is a pretty vile film and pretty vile of Netflix.

I watched "Donnie Darko" again last night. There is a similar scene, depicting sexualised pre-teens (and Patrick Swayze playing a paedo) - but that film is supposed to be dark (no pun intended).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Netflix has a number of images for every film on it’s books and uses whichever is most likely to appeal to a given user based on their previous selections.

https://netflixtechblog.com/artwork-personalization-c589f074ad76

Edit: which is to say, if Netflix is showing you “over-sexualised” images, it’s probably because that’s the kind of thing you tend to click on. :o

 

I am seemingly one of the few people on the planet who has never had a Netflix account. Thus Netflix has no history of me clicking on anything related to it. But thanks for your not so subtle allegation.

You totally missed the point. In future I will write all my posts in the most simplest of terms in order for the lowest common denominator on this forum to be able to understand it. That is you.

 

9 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Busted?

 

Another moronic response.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

I am seemingly one of the few people on the planet who has never had a Netflix account. Thus Netflix has no history of me clicking on anything related to it. But thanks for your not so subtle allegation.

You totally missed the point. In future I will write all my posts in the most simplest of terms in order for the lowest common denominator on this forum to be able to understand it. That is you.

 

 

Another moronic response.

 

 

If you are going to get uppity, it does beg the question as to what you were searching for on Twitter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am seemingly one of the few people on the planet who has never had a Netflix account. Thus Netflix has no history of me clicking on anything related to it. But thanks for your not so subtle allegation.

You totally missed the point. In future I will write all my posts in the most simplest of terms in order for the lowest common denominator on this forum to be able to understand it. That is you.

I didn’t make any allegation subtle or otherwise about you. Simply made a factual statement about Netflix online customisation because I thought it was relatively little known and quite interesting (given that half the board seem to be software devs).

There is a joke at the expense of twitter user “kitti (meow)”, that they obviously do tend to click on thumbnails that show a bit of flesh, even if clearly inappropriate in the context of this particular film.

No need to be a total dick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

No. I understood, I just knew about the thumbnail customisation and thought it was interesting and relevant to the twitter comment you posted.

Samsung smart TV`s do the same ,same with google sync accounts the adds will be tailored to that account, to be slightly generous to google there is an option to turn that part off

Link to post
Share on other sites

@spunko

This thread is much more offensive than my bare arse.

One of our quality posters - Sir Francis of Hovis-shire no less - justified his outrage at the time of "arse-gate" by stating that any of his staff walking into his office would think he was gay if they caught him browsing that thread, and copped an eyeful of my bare arse.

Fair comment Frank.

So by that logic, exactly what is Mrs XYY gonna think of me if she walks into my mancave - and sees the still picture of those pouting children that accompanies the YouTube video that Tulip keeps posting...?

Please delete this paedophile filth as soon as possible...

 

XYY

@Frank Hovis @The Masked Tulip

 

Edited by The XYY Man
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...